Etebo in Demand, says Turkish journal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
Etebo in Demand, says Turkish journal

Post by Polly »

Leicester & Arsenal suffer blow in race to sign ‘new Pogba’ as Turkish giants step up efforts
By Eren Sarigul - March 22, 20170

Leicester & Arsenal suffer blow as Turkish giants move ahead in race to sign ‘new Paul Pogba’ Oghenekaro Etebo

Turkish League giants Fenerbahce have surged ahead in the race to sign Oghenekaro Etebo.

Turkish-Football recently reported that Fenerbahce representatives will fly out to meet with Oghenekaro Etebo this month.

A source close to the club has now revealed that the meeting did take place in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in London.

Etebo’s agent met with Fenerbahce and agreed a deal in principle. The Istanbul giants first need to strike a deal with Etebo’s club Feirense before a contract can be agreed.

The Sun has reported that both Arsenal and Leicester City are also interested in the 21-year-old midfielder. The Premier League duo have recently sent scouts to monitor the Nigeria international.

While Fenerbahce have pulled ahead in the race to sign Etebo, both Arsenal and Leicester City can still swoop for the in-demand midfielder.

Etebo has been dubbed as the ‘new Paul Pogba’ by Goal recently. The 21-year-old has provided one assist and scored one goal in 15 league apperances this season.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Etebo in Demand, says Turkish journal

Post by bushboy »

Pogba? Isn't Etebo like 5'7" at best?
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

And I don't think Etebo is in Camp yet.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He can do better than Fernbache.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:He can do better than Fernbache.
Fenebache is as good as he can do atm unless he goes to a mid table team in France or Germany.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Leicester will be a very good platform for him right now...he can partner with Ndidi
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If he goes to Turkey I wouldn't be surprised but I won't expect much after that,I'd advise him if I could to find a better agent!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

If his team gets relegated then he should move, otherwise he should spend one more season in Portugal.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

At times I'm amazed at how arrogant many sound here, while being on full throttle ignorant. Fernabach is a very big team. Better than many of the so called mid table teams in France and probably many of the lower teams in Spain and England.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote:Pogba? Isn't Etebo like 5'7" at best?

Comparison to Pogba is quite appropriate in terms of what appears to be the most effective position that Etebo plays.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:

Comparison to Pogba is quite appropriate in terms of what appears to be the most effective position that Etebo plays.
I dont agree. Pogba is most effective as a "10," while Etebo is most effective as an "8". More importantly, both players have completely different strengths.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I might be wrong but I don't think the comparison they are making is based on physical appearance. :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

okidoki wrote:At times I'm amazed at how arrogant many sound here, while being on full throttle ignorant. Fernabach is a very big team. Better than many of the so called mid table teams in France and probably many of the lower teams in Spain and England.
I tire oh!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho