JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Post by truetalk »

Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Prince wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Prince wrote:That area has over 10,000 redeem church members attend every week. I play football just 1 km from the place every Saturday most are not even aware that there was a game going on today. Promotion was pretty bad
Tweeted the game to reedemed UK two days ago. Some of them would have told their members during mid week service yesterday.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So you tweeted the games and all the Pastors will now pass it to their members, you be GO :rotf:

Oga the publicity was a shambles, There are over 5 Nigerian restaurants, 10 Nigeria barbing and hairdressing saloon, 2 Nigerian night clubs, 1 free Nigerian newspaper and nothing was advertised in all this places.

If they target Nigerians or Nigerian descent around the place, they should be enough...........
Prince of darkness how come you did count your handkerchief sales stand. As you are hawking your handkerchiefs from one street to other that could have been very good promoting and publicizing avenue. Tell me which other source that could been publicized the match more than you that hawk your handkerchiefs throughout all the streets in London.
Banbully,
:rotf: :rotf: Marketing has evolved from when they used to put sign board on you to go market.
See this London based Ondo handkerchief hawker!!

What Uncle Bambully is trying to tell you is that you should use whatever means you can to try & solve the problem (in this case attendance at the game).

While we should criticize those whose job it is to fix a problem, if they drop the ball, we should not just all sit on our behinds, complain & point fingers all day.

I tweeted at rccguk with all the details of the game. They have followers. You're making fun of Uncle Bambully about the evolution of marketing & you still think they only ways rccg followers will see it is if the pastor makes an announcement like it was done in 1982.

Despite the new means of marketing, we should still use the older ways that are still relevant. I am informing 4 different UK based families & that may yield up to 15 people at the game. I means you can put a flyer on your wheelbarrow (print it from the Barnett site) & Uncle 1naija can put a flyer in his cab.

We must all do our part is solving whatever problems arise.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Publicity has been crappy.

I only found out from this forum about the game at the hive.

I live near the place but unfortunately wouldn't be able to make the game today, will try and do the game next week.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enugu II wrote:Well, it is about "Mane or Ndidi" or whoever being there. Instead, it is about people knowing that they will be there. It is about publicity. People can only show if they become aware that such stars will be playing there.
This is too complicated for some people here.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

YUJAM wrote:That's why they need to move these games to the USA where several cities can attract big crowds for such a game
SE games have been played in the US and the crowds depend on the opposition (e.g. Mexico).
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

jette1 wrote:must they play in London ? what happened to playing friendly in your own nation
The majority of your players don't play in your own nation.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

peron33uk wrote:Publicity has been crappy.

I live near the place but unfortunately wouldn't be able to make the game today, will try and do the game next week.
How come you couldn't make it to the game today? I guess this same reason that impedes so many Nigerians residing in London not to attend the match.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

bully12 wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Publicity has been crappy.

How come you couldn't make it to the game today? I guess this same reason that impedes so many Nigerians residing in London not to attend the match.
I have another appointment planned as i found out about the game late. So next week should be ideal for me.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I suspect this has more to do with the very poor reputation of the NFF. You never know whether the match will hold or will be cancelled. I remember watching SE v Venezuela at Watford Stadium years ago. Kick-off time came and went, no players, no announcement, nothing. The match started over an hour later. Apparently, everybody was arguing about money in the hotel while we fans were fully settled at the Stadium.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bully12 wrote:
jette1 wrote:must they play in London ? what happened to playing friendly in your own nation
These Londoners are too miserly for their own good. No wonder none of them hardly goes home for Xmas . What a shame two biggest and most famous African teams are playing they can only attract a meager 1400 fans.
Abeg speak for your brother who is a cleaner in London. I will attend both games and will visit Nigeria twice this year.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They are playing the game in a foreign country. If the Germany -v- England game had been staged in Nairobi, the crowd may have been small too.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what do yall expect from UK CE peeps, all they do is run them mouth..when the SE played Mexico in Houston, we scatter ground.. the place who crazy .. stadium was full with over 70k folks, it was so good, they hosted another one in Atlanta.... shame on every UK CE loud mouths
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what do yall expect from UK CE peeps, all they do is run them mouth..when the SE played Mexico in Houston, we scatter ground.. the place who crazy .. stadium was full with over 70k folks, it was so good, they hosted another one in Atlanta.... shame on every UK CE loud mouths
N.a. Mexicans scatter ground, try am again in this Donald trump era
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

To say that the promotion of he game has been piss poor will be too kind. It has been non-existent. The only reason I knew the games are on is because of cybereagles. It's a 5 minute drive from my home. I'm going tonight with my 7 year old son. It will be his first live game. I'm trying to strengthen his affinity to the Super Eagles. I hope I'm not making a mistake!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Prince wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:what do yall expect from UK CE peeps, all they do is run them mouth..when the SE played Mexico in Houston, we scatter ground.. the place who crazy .. stadium was full with over 70k folks, it was so good, they hosted another one in Atlanta.... shame on every UK CE loud mouths
shame on you

[/video]

Even ESPN carry am, sotey the camera sef show me for minute 62
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

What a shocker.. bunch of loud mouths that could only care to watch OUR Epl teams :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:What a shocker.. bunch of loud mouths that could only care to watch OUR Epl teams :lol: :lol:
una dey mind them.. these UK CE folks , all mouth , nothing else.. wait until una see dem camera fotos
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Prince wrote:

As big as yankee dey, some of us flew to the Houston for the Mexico and to the ATL game. Small #$% London wey no even big reach California, una no fit organize go watch match? mschewwwww abegi make we hear word. Promotion ko...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
Prince wrote:

As big as yankee dey, some of us flew to the Houston for the Mexico and to the ATL game. Small #$% London wey no even big reach California, una no fit organize go watch match? mschewwwww abegi make we hear word. Promotion ko...
Cali ke? london wey no big pass orile igamu
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

The average UK CE is poor. They are cash stingy unlike the average American CE who is financially more buoyant to pay for a game
Fact!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:The average UK CE is poor. They are cash stingy unlike the average American CE who is financially more buoyant to pay for a game
Fact!
they aren't poor, they are tight hand
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

highbury wrote:The average UK CE is poor. They are cash stingy unlike the average American CE who is financially more buoyant to pay for a game
Fact!
Coupled with a large British-Nigerian population in London – the 2011 census suggested over 100,000 Nigerian-born Brits live in the capital – it seems a decent prospect.
With entry as little as £10 for adults in some areas, and £5 for under-14s, and such a plethora of Premier League stars on show, you would hope for a decent turn-out, given the dearth of quality football available during an international break.
Bros, there has to be another reason for the apathy.

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Nostalgia.

It has been a while since we had this US CEs vs UK CEs debate lol.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tbite wrote:Nostalgia.

It has been a while since we had this US CEs vs UK CEs debate lol.
Do we have Aussie CE?

Apart from you...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."