JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Post by Prince »

Tbite wrote:Nostalgia.

It has been a while since we had this US CEs vs UK CEs debate lol.
No mind them why won't they rush to the games when they are starved of quality football
Oya back to the matter
open and close
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Why is everyone blaming NFF? What about the Senegal FA? Are they also clueless?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cito wrote:

Do we have Aussie CE?

Apart from you...
Ikemba Nacho is an aussie CE as well.

There might be others, but I cannot think of them right now.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

How many British-Nigerians even knew this match was happening? I had no idea we were playing today, let alone in London, until yesterday. Had i known earlier i'd be going.

Admittedly i don't follow football as much as i used to, but i bet a lot of people are in the same position. We didn't even know about the match, it's not about being 'cash stingy'.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Eagle Winged wrote:How many British-Nigerians even knew this match was happening? I had no idea we were playing today, let alone in London, until yesterday. Had i known earlier i'd be going.

Admittedly i don't follow football as much as i used to, but i bet a lot of people are in the same position. We didn't even know about the match, it's not about being 'cash stingy'.
Mods...lame excuses is a banable offence! :mad:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

oloye wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:How many British-Nigerians even knew this match was happening? I had no idea we were playing today, let alone in London, until yesterday. Had i known earlier i'd be going.

Mods...lame excuses is a banable offence! :mad:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Wetin persin nor go hear for this place.....i am waiting for someone to tell us that the ticket they bought was mistakenly eaten up by bingo their mongrel dog who loves to eat tickets.

London people una yap as usual....make una just mechionu, not turning up is not as annoying as the excuses i am hearing here. Eagle Wing abi ki lo nje.....just mechionu there one time before i use my mods veto power to ban you for this kwe kwe excuse!

So you come to CE today wey be match day only to register this kain excuse :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Long time! How you dey? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

All these arguments claiming inadequate publicity appear weak. Are we saying that London based Naijans haven't logged on to any social media or been on the Internet in or month or they haven't had the privilege of watching any of the Naija-centric TV stations where the info is readily available. Seriously, why are Naija-based Nigerians more informed than their UK-based counterparts despite having less access to Internet services? Meanwhile, these same Nigerians have all the information about Trump and every irrelevant things on the face of the planet except a Super Eagles match in the UK that doesn't come often.

I make bold to say that if The Hive has a capacity of 6,000 and a total of 1,400 had purchased ticket at the time of opening thread; I have a feeling that there are more than that number of UK-based CEs who would have read that the match would be played.

Another question that this raises is if Nigerians in the UK claim ignorance of the game, is it that these Nigerians are so busy that they don't interact with the world?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Tbite wrote:
Cito wrote:

Do we have Aussie CE?

Apart from you...

Where's Winnerman? He used to be the first to greet Happy New Year from Down Under until you crashed the party.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anointed wrote:All these arguments claiming inadequate publicity appear weak. Are we saying that London based Naijans haven't logged on to any social media or been on the Internet in or month or they haven't had the privilege of watching any of the Naija-centric TV stations where the info is readily available. Seriously, why are Naija-based Nigerians more informed than their UK-based counterparts despite having less access to Internet services? Meanwhile, these same Nigerians have all the information about Trump and every irrelevant things on the face of the planet except a Super Eagles match in the UK that doesn't come often.

I make bold to say that if The Hive has a capacity of 6,000 and a total of 1,400 had purchased ticket at the time of opening thread; I have a feeling that there are more than that number of UK-based CEs who would have read that the match would be played.

Another question that this raises is if Nigerians in the UK claim ignorance of the game, is it that these Nigerians are so busy that they don't interact with the world?
Nigerians in London are very very busy oh...ko easy rara!

Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

oloye wrote:Wetin persin nor go hear for this place.....i am waiting for someone to tell us that the ticket they bought was mistakenly eaten up by bingo their mongrel dog who loves to eat tickets.

London people una yap as usual....make una just mechionu, not turning up is not as annoying as the excuses i am hearing here. Eagle Wing abi ki lo nje.....just mechionu there one time before i use my mods veto power to ban you for this kwe kwe excuse!

So you come to CE today wey be match day only to register this kain excuse :lol:
I'm not a Londoner, i'm 2 hours outside of London.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Eagle Winged wrote:
oloye wrote:Wetin persin nor go hear for this place.....i am waiting for someone to tell us that the ticket they bought was mistakenly eaten up by bingo their mongrel dog who loves to eat tickets.

Stop digging my good friend :lol:

Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Good, yourself?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Eagle Winged wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Good, yourself?
Very well, thanks. Good to see a familiar face.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

oloye wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:

Stop digging my good friend :lol:
With the amount of time and money i spent to go to South Africa and watch Yakubu miss an open net, i think i should have a pass for life when it comes to excuses for missing SE games. Don't even get me started on all the games a lot of us went to, only for the SE to be represented by 'Hey You' and his 4th cousin.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

oloye wrote:
anointed wrote:All these arguments claiming inadequate publicity appear weak. Are we saying that London based Naijans haven't logged on to any social media or been on the Internet in or month or they haven't had the privilege of watching any of the Naija-centric TV stations where the info is readily available. Seriously, why are Naija-based Nigerians more informed than their UK-based counterparts despite having less access to Internet services? Meanwhile, these same Nigerians have all the information about Trump and every irrelevant things on the face of the planet except a Super Eagles match in the UK that doesn't come often.

Many of our brothers in London may shun the game for several reasons. I read somewhere a couple of days ago that the Immigration in London is now doing what ICE has been doing in USA. That is, stop people at bus/train station and ask for documentation. That would force some folks to stay home.

The recent terrorist attack (yesterday) is a good reason for them to stay put. I would not go out either under those circumstances.

Less than 48 hours ago, a crazy white supremacist came to NY from Maryland and stabbed a black man to death for no apparent reason. He claimed he just wanted to make a point. :shock: :shock: :shock: That makes me think twice before going out alone at night!

Cheers!!!
lumide01
Egg
Egg

Post by lumide01 »

lukemana wrote:
oloye wrote:

Many of our brothers in London may shun the game for several reasons. I read somewhere a couple of days ago that the Immigration in London is now doing what ICE has been doing in USA. That is, stop people at bus/train station and ask for documentation. That would force some folks to stay home.

The recent terrorist attack (yesterday) is a good reason for them to stay put. I would not go out either under those circumstances.

Less than 48 hours ago, a crazy white supremacist came to NY from Maryland and stabbed a black man to death for no apparent reason. He claimed he just wanted to make a point. :shock: :shock: :shock: That makes me think twice before going out alone at night!

Cheers!!!

lol another case of man bites dog, your almost 9 times as likely to be killed by a black man but that doesnt stop you from going anywhere, but what do i know?? :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

anointed wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Cito wrote:

Do we have Aussie CE?

Apart from you...

Where's Winnerman? He used to be the first to greet Happy New Year from Down Under until you crashed the party.
Oh yeah Winnerman..he gave me his number once, I can't remember if I called.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I didn't see any ads for the game on BEN TV. Most people I know did not know we were playing.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

That stadium was full last night with 9ja football fans in full voice supporting the Eagles now maybe USA 9ja CE's can shut up. I. Look forward to the day Eagles play in either Boston or NY in the freezing cold and see how many of you turn up!!!
amoky
Egg
Egg

Post by amoky »

Correction please there were 2013 in attendance. i got the official attendance in the media stand
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

amoky wrote:Correction please there were 2013 in attendance. i got the official attendance in the media stand
Amoky we have boost our figures because of our loud mouthed American cousins. :taunt: Those Senegalese look like bouncers, I enjoyed the game took the kids, first time they will watch naija. We played well we have to be patient with boys
Oya back to the matter
open and close