JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Post by anointed »

1,400 to watch Nigeria vs Senegal? Shockingly paltry considering the talents on display. And what happened to the hundreds of thousands of Nigerian in the UK?

Sadio Mane, Kelechi Iheanacho and Idrissa Gueye to play in friendly at Barnet... but oddly there could be just 1,400 watching Senegal vs Nigeria
Nigeria will face Senegal in a friendly match at Barnet's The Hive on Thursday
Ticket sales for the match have been poor, with one stand seeing just 11 sold
Barnet are expecting a League Two-sized attendance - between 1,400 and 1,900

By Jonny Singer for MailOnline

Published: 15:55 GMT, 22 March 2017 | Updated: 15:55 GMT, 22 March 2017

The last time Sadio Mane pulled on a shirt for Senegal, the eyes of a continent were on the Liverpool man.

In the lead-up to the Africa Cup of Nations quarter-final against Cameroon, Mane had been one of the players of the tournament, and Senegal, undoubtedly, the team of the competition.

But after a goalless draw with Cameroon, it came to Mane to take the decisive penalty. He saw it saved and proceeded to break down in tears, to such an extent that he couldn’t stand and had to be half-carried off the field by his team-mates.

Two months on, Mane, back to form with Liverpool and with the memories of that painful night in Gabon fading, will be back on international duty – but the setting will be very different.

Mane and his Senegal team-mates – featuring Premier League stars Idrissa Gueye, Cheikhou Kouyate, Alfred N’Diaye and Mame Biram Diouf – play their first game since the Cup of Nations on Thursday, at Barnet’s Hive stadium in north west London.

There they will meet a star-studded, but inconsistent, Nigeria team, who failed to even qualify for the Cup of Nations but are on course to make it to the World Cup in Russia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4c6VW5HUj
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JUST 1,400 COULD WATCH NIGERIA vs SENEGAL?

Post by Enugu II »

Well, it is about "Mane or Ndidi" or whoever being there. Instead, it is about people knowing that they will be there. It is about publicity. People can only show if they become aware that such stars will be playing there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Africans wait til last minute
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That's why they need to move these games to the USA where several cities can attract big crowds for such a game
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

London Naijas useless no be small. Haba!, 1400 to watch Naija play Senegal?
Even my little girl team attract more than 3000 spectators sef. E be like say na
Senegalese go dominate the crowd o.
If to say na to chop eba and wash am down with a couple adult beverages,
na so them for full ground, wear EPL membership attire, and come dey rage.
Chei!!!
:taunt: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

must they play in London ? what happened to playing friendly in your own nation
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

jette1 wrote:must they play in London ? what happened to playing friendly in your own nation
These Londoners are too miserly for their own good. No wonder none of them hardly goes home for Xmas . What a shame two biggest and most famous African teams are playing they can only attract a meager 1400 fans.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

This has a lot to do with the way Nigeria (the NFF) organise their calander,these dates should have been set 12 months ago or earlier and made clear to the public using known medias months ago even before being advertised locally,they could have even found a venue earlier and probably found a venue in a more central part of London (if they where to use there founds appropriately would they have been playing in Barnets ground?)
It's also late on a week day and most people Nigerian or not will be going to work in the morning and most likely don't live in that part of London.Also I'm sure the last game against Burkina Fasco was set for Tuesday night at 20:00 GMT originally but according to sky sports is set for Monday night at 21:00!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

some of you guys dey yarn dust. The stadium is just under 6,000, and will packed to the rafters today.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Cmoke wrote:Africans wait til last minute
true.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

That area has over 10,000 redeem church members attend every week. I play football just 1 km from the place every Saturday most are not even aware that there was a game going on today. Promotion was pretty bad
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Prince wrote:That area has over 10,000 redeem church members attend every week. I play football just 1 km from the place every Saturday most are not even aware that there was a game going on today. Promotion was pretty bad
I will come and play with you guys on Saturday.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Prince wrote:That area has over 10,000 redeem church members attend every week. I play football just 1 km from the place every Saturday most are not even aware that there was a game going on today. Promotion was pretty bad
Tweeted the game to reedemed UK two days ago. Some of them would have told their members during mid week service yesterday.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

How much publicity has been given to the matches? I only knew about it from Cybereagles.

None of. My friends were aware Nigeria would be playing today. I was at the gym on Saturday and none of the guys knew about game but they were all pReparing to watch GGG Vs Jacobs.

I would like to take my kids to the game but tomorrow is a school day. I cannot make the second game because again it is on a weekday. I will attend tonight's game but would not be surprised if the game was cancelled it has happened before.

9ja is always different .

The poor attendance should be blamed firmly on the organisers and the poor reputation 9ja has.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I suspect after this article even white people in the area go attend with all the EPL stars on show, a far cry to what they are used to
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

pajimoh wrote:I suspect after this article even white people in the area go attend with all the EPL stars on show, a far cry to what they are used to
That's what bringing an all West African football match to London should attract otherwise play it in Africa in a larger stadium but if Nigerians are unaware how on earth would anyone else know?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Maybe Nigerians in the U.K are totally fed up of watching super eagles, years of wasted hope!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I suspect after this article even white people in the area go attend with all the EPL stars on show, a far cry to what they are used to
That's what bringing an all West African football match to London should attract otherwise play it in Africa in a larger stadium but if Nigerians are unaware how on earth would anyone else know?
Trust me there's information white people know that we as black people got no clue and it's happening on our doorstep, like land grabbing. But back to football, the fans of Barnet and some living int he area would have known, but you're right publicity needs to be more. I don't see why they just can't go to the local radio or sports show on TV and get a couple of the players from both sides to promote it?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

truetalk wrote:
Tweeted the game to reedemed UK two days ago. Some of them would have told their members during mid week service yesterday.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So you tweeted the games and all the Pastors will now pass it to their members, you be GO :rotf:

Oga the publicity was a shambles, There are over 5 Nigerian restaurants, 10 Nigeria barbing and hairdressing saloon, 2 Nigerian night clubs, 1 free Nigerian newspaper and nothing was advertised in all this places.

If they target Nigerians or Nigerian descent around the place, they should be enough...........
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Screw the Daily Mail report.

You have to blame both the NFF and Barnet FC for poor advertising and preparation. I know how Barnet FC run their media and advertising and it is one of the worst in the Football League. They tend to promote last minute deals to home and away supporters. Also, the price of £25 per ticket might be another reason. The NFF are no worse when it comes to administration and should have promoted the two games across London once they have made agreement with Barnet FC.

There are thousands of Nigerians living in Brent, Barnet, Borehamwood, Harrow, Enfield, Haringey etc so maybe the crowd will increase more than 2,000 at least. I wonder how many people will turn up for the Burkina Faso game on a Monday night?

ps. I am going to watch the game tonight.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Prince wrote:
truetalk wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So you tweeted the games and all the Pastors will now pass it to their members, you be GO :rotf:

Oga the publicity was a shambles, There are over 5 Nigerian restaurants, 10 Nigeria barbing and hairdressing saloon, 2 Nigerian night clubs, 1 free Nigerian newspaper and nothing was advertised in all this places.

If they target Nigerians or Nigerian descent around the place, they should be enough...........
Prince of darkness how come you did count your handkerchief sales stand. As you are hawking your handkerchiefs from one street to other that could have been very good promoting and publicizing avenue. Tell me which other source that could have publicized the match more than you that hawk your handkerchiefs throughout all the streets in London.
Last edited by bully12 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

bully12 wrote:
Prince wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Prince of darkness how come you did count your handkerchief sales stand. As you are hawking your handkerchiefs from one street to other that could have been very good promoting and publicizing avenue. Tell me which other source that could been publicized the match more than you that hawk your handkerchiefs throughout all the streets in London.
Banbully,
:rotf: :rotf: Marketing has evolved from when they used to put sign board on you to go market.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Cmoke wrote:Africans wait til last minute
True. I believe the stadium will be full. Many know about the game and are just waiting to get tickets at the gate.
yes o