#innerCacus

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: #innerCacus

Post by anointed »

Dammy wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Good line-up.

I am getting worried about Carl Ikeme's frequent knocks. I hope Gernot Rohr can still try and persuade Vince Enyeama to return to the fold.
Kpom, for a goalkeeper, he suffers too many knocks. Rohr is still talking to Enyeama.
I hope so. I can't imagine us going to the WC with injury prone Ikeme plus Ezenwa & Akpeyi. Consider Naija vs Germany, Brazil or Argentina with Ezenwa or Akpeyi in goal cos Ikeme is injured.

Enyeama made Ligue 1 team of the week last weekend.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We need Enyeam back ooo, he was MOM last weekend
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

3 months ago, we had a killer squad. One I believed would steam roll any African team. Today several of our players have dropped form...Kele, Iwobi, Musa etc. Come to think of it, this is proof that not going to the ANC does not necessarily help your club form.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

felarey wrote:3 months ago, we had a killer squad. One I believed would steam roll any African team. Today several of our players have dropped form...Kele, Iwobi, Musa etc. Come to think of it, this is proof that not going to the ANC does not necessarily help your club form.

Form for club and country are often 2 very different things.

Let us see how our boys perform today.

I am not expecting much from the front 3 with the likes of chicken head Musa who has been poor both for club and country for a while.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

felarey wrote:3 months ago, we had a killer squad. One I believed would steam roll any African team. Today several of our players have dropped form...Kele, Iwobi, Musa etc. Come to think of it, this is proof that not going to the ANC does not necessarily help your club form.
Good point
yes o
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I like this team. this is a team from an organized man that is strategic. His main focus is to strenghten his first team (including first team backups).

The backline remains his first team back line so far. He woudl use the first half and part of second half to sglue this setup. Then Ebuehi would be brought in to show that he is worthy of knocking Omeruo of that position.

Teh midfield is super. Ndidi, Onazi and Iwobi: Midfield of the future. He wants to use this friendly to turn this combo to a killer combo. Etebo would also fight Onazi for the central midfield spot and Iwobi for AM. Mikel's value to the team by the SA game would have to be monumental for him to break into this setup. Else he would be a very legit back up to IWobi, Onazi and Etebo.

Attack line looks good too. HE has shown his intention to play Iheanacho has Nigeria's 9 (Striker). Simon and Musa are his immediate back to Moses and Iwobi that played left wing and right midfield in ROhrs past games incharge. They know his style and he wants to glue up that front line together. He would bring in Success in the 2nd half to show himself that he is overlord to Musa and Simon and not just a good waist winder. Kayode would have to show alot in training to come in second half and when he does, he would have to make Rohr's decision of who to start as striker in subsequent games very difficult. And if that happens, i fear for Ideye and Ighalo in our national team.

Next game would reveal Rohr's formation and 80% of his future team.

muyiwalawal wrote:My people i throway salute o :D I still dey kampe!
God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Echijile Balogun Ekong Omeruo

Akpeyi

Its coming together. This na new generation. 5 EPL players in squad :thumbs: :thumbs:
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

bully12 wrote:Two headless chickens starting . Moses and Musa.
It's time for Rohr to stop inviting Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon to the SE, we have too many options to be hoping they get better
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

The boys are still in Killer mode. They are not really bench warmers. Balogun, omeruo, Ebuehi are starters for their teams and Troost has just fought his way to the starting lineup of Gent who have made it to the Top 4 tourny of the Belgian League.

Iwobi, Onazi, Ndidi, Etebo are all hot starters in their teams with Onazi picking up a MoM performance in his last club game. Onazi refused to move to CHina for big bucks because he has intentions to play for the best teams in the world. I like the confidence and belief.

Simon is still hot in GEnt playing all their Europa club matches. He is hotter than last season. Kayode is also hot in his club playing all and scoring in Europa league. Isaac is BACK! And he is now getting playing time in his club. He would be a starter in another 2 games.

Victor Moses is one of the hottest players in the world right now.

Musa and Iheanacho seem to be the only ones regressing. But Musa has moved from not making the first team at all, to now making the bench. Dont be shocked when he starts games from 2-3games from now. As for Nacho, "Only Jesus can save".

We still have red hot Samuel Kalu "the turnover machine" and flaming Onyekuru.
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

9jaMan wrote:
It's time for Rohr to stop inviting Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon to the SE, we have too many options to be hoping they get better
but Simon is doing it for his club and he is doing it for ROhr in training thats why he keeps starting in Moses Absence.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

chief nfachairman wrote:I like this team. this is a team from an organized man that is strategic. His main focus is to strenghten his first team (including first team backups).

The backline remains his first team back line so far. He woudl use the first half and part of second half to sglue this setup. Then Ebuehi would be brought in to show that he is worthy of knocking Omeruo of that position.

Teh midfield is super. Ndidi, Onazi and Iwobi: Midfield of the future. He wants to use this friendly to turn this combo to a killer combo. Etebo would also fight Onazi for the central midfield spot and Iwobi for AM. Mikel's value to the team by the SA game would have to be monumental for him to break into this setup. Else he would be a very legit back up to IWobi, Onazi and Etebo.

Attack line looks good too. HE has shown his intention to play Iheanacho has Nigeria's 9 (Striker). Simon and Musa are his immediate back to Moses and Iwobi that played left wing and right midfield in ROhrs past games incharge. They know his style and he wants to glue up that front line together. He would bring in Success in the 2nd half to show himself that he is overlord to Musa and Simon and not just a good waist winder. Kayode would have to show alot in training to come in second half and when he does, he would have to make Rohr's decision of who to start as striker in subsequent games very difficult. And if that happens, i fear for Ideye and Ighalo in our national team.

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Its coming together. This na new generation. 5 EPL players in squad :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good Analysis:

However Etebo came into camp very late, so You can't say he is not a starter. Mikel is absent & Ndidi is starting.

Rohr found a was to start Onazi, Mikel, Etebo & Nwobi against Algeria. In that instance, Ideye dropped to the bench (Moses replaced Simon).

I'm not sure he has fully settled on Nacho as the 9. He looks for a way to get his best players on the field. I think if two from Mikel, Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi & Onazi are not around, You'll see Ideye on the pitch.

I think Ighalo is done. Not so sure about Ideye, but if Tammy Abraham & Osimhen come & both perform, then it may be lights out for him as well.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

9jaMan wrote:
Musa should not play for 90 minutes as he lacks tactical discipline and good decision making.

However, he must certainly be part of the 23. Too many assets that can make him score 2 or 3 goals in 20 minutes against any opposition (Brazil, Germany, Italy) if things click.

He will cost you over 90 minutes, but can help you get out of a hole and win you a game in 15 minutes.

I don't get the flak that Simon gets here. He has had a very good 2 year start to his National team career & is even benching one of his purported SE replacements at club level. Victor Moses is certainly ahead of him, but he is a definite Super Eagle as at today.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

My uncle truetalk,

After u witness wetin Musa do Argentina 4 Brazil, u still dey yab am?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Musa should not play for 90 minutes as he lacks tactical discipline and good decision making.

However, he must certainly be part of the 23. Too many assets that can make him score 2 or 3 goals in 20 minutes against any opposition (Brazil, Germany, Italy) if things click.

He will cost you over 90 minutes, but can help you get out of a hole and win you a game in 15 minutes.

I don't get the flak that Simon gets here. He has had a very good 2 year start to his National team career & is even benching one of his purported SE replacements at club level. Victor Moses is certainly ahead of him, but he is a definite Super Eagle as at today.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:I like this team. this is a team from an organized man that is strategic. His main focus is to strenghten his first team (including first team backups).

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Good Analysis:

However Etebo came into camp very late, so You can't say he is not a starter. Mikel is absent & Ndidi is starting.

Rohr found a was to start Onazi, Mikel, Etebo & Nwobi against Algeria. In that instance, Ideye dropped to the bench (Moses replaced Simon).

I'm not sure he has fully settled on Nacho as the 9. He looks for a way to get his best players on the field. I think if two from Mikel, Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi & Onazi are not around, You'll see Ideye on the pitch.

I think Ighalo is done. Not so sure about Ideye, but if Tammy Abraham & Osimhen come & both perform, then it may be lights out for him as well.
Again dont forget that Ndidi is one of Nigeria's hottest players right now and ROhr knows him. So if Ndidi starts, its either Onazi or Etebo starts. Again, he has worked alot more with Onazi and dont forget Onazi has stepped into the central midfield Role in 2 games under Rohr when Mikel was pulled out.

Again, you make alot of sense when you say he would want to gel his Algeria pair of Onazi and Etebo. Maybe Etebo's late arrival has just become Ndidi luck and ownership of the DM role.

As for Nacho, Rohr said he played very well in the Algerian game. And i think he did. He ran the channels and pulled the Algerians defenders out of position many times leading to Moses and Mikel's goals. If KAyode proves himself today, Ideye's days would also be numbered considering the guys coming through the ranks in future like you rightly mentioned Tammy and Osimhen.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

truetalk wrote:

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Good Analysis:

The talent is exciting especially with all these names being thrown around. We should be careful with discarding some others though. The team is very talented but lacks experience. I would definitely still keep Mikel and Ideye around even if they are not regulars.
yes o
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cmoke wrote:My uncle truetalk,

truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

My dear Uncle,

I am defending Musa O!

I will personally fight anyone that says we should not invite Musa to the team.

I will also fight anyone that says we should play Musa for 90 minutes.

Let him be a joker for us. I was happy when Rohr used him like I've always said he should be used against Algeria & he paid off.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Good Analysis:

The talent is exciting especially with all these names being thrown around. We should be careful with discarding some others though. The team is very talented but lacks experience. I would definitely still keep Mikel and Ideye around even if they are not regulars.
Mikel is firmly in Rohr's plans and remains Captain. The coach would have preferred a move to Continental Europe, but I think he knows how important Mikel is. I personally like Ideye & I think he is coming into a phase as a player where he can be deadly for us. I hope the coach sees it the same way.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Good Analysis:

Mikel is firmly in Rohr's plans and remains Captain. The coach would have preferred a move to Continental Europe, but I think he knows how important Mikel is. I personally like Ideye & I think he is coming into a phase as a player where he can be deadly for us. I hope the coach sees it the same way.
Will that phase include retiring to CHina? smh...
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

truetalk wrote:
Cmoke wrote:My uncle truetalk,

truetalk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

My dear Uncle,

I am defending Musa O!

I will personally fight anyone that says we should not invite Musa to the team.

I will also fight anyone that says we should play Musa for 90 minutes.

Let him be a joker for us. I was happy when Rohr used him like I've always said he should be used against Algeria & he paid off.

I agree. Musa is only good off the bench though.

He should NEVER START for Nigeria, unless we have a serious injury problem.

He is best suited to run at tired defenders who will not be able to cope with him at the end of matches.

With the likes of Iwobi, Moses, Success, Simon, Kalu, Onyekuru I see no reason for Musa to ever start a SE match.

Quite frankly if Kalu and Onyekuru, let alone Bazee prove themselves then we would have too many options for Musa to even make a 23 man squad.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Story.. Mikel's position barring injury, or a SERIOUS loss of form, is not at threat.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Good Analysis:

I am talking of his development as a player. He has always had the talent from the U-20 WC in Canada, but has not scored as many goals as he is capable of as he prefers finesse & the spectacular over being direct as a top 9 should be.

He was hitting good scoring form in Olympiacos.

I was unhappy about our guys going to China (starting from Aaron Samuel) as I think it is a bad career move, in terms of the game.

However, for the money those guys are getting, I say more power to them, especially since there are only sixteen team and effectively only 3 foreign players can play in a team at a time (4 can be in the squad & 1 extra Asian player).
Last edited by truetalk on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Good Analysis:

I am talking of his development as a player. He has always had the talent from the U-20 WC in Canada, but has not scored as many goals as he is capable of as he prefers because he is not very direct. He like finesse & the spectacular.

He was hitting good scoring form in Olympicos.

I was unhappy about our guys going to China (starting from Aaron Samuel) as I think it is a bad career move, in terms of the game.

However, for the money those guys are getting, I say more power to them, especially since there are only sixteen team and effectively only 3 foreign players can play in a team at a time (4 can be in the squad & 1 extra Asian player).
I agree. More power to them! But should Nigeria suffer because they want to feed their families?? I have absolutely no problem with a player going to China. 0 problems. but that player should not be invited to the national team! absolutely not! Especially one as poor as Ideye who shouldnt have been in the national team, even when he was in Europe.

Please, abeg, I take God beg you, dont mention Ideye again! :veryangry:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

Thanks for the info bro... :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

God belss una

Simon Kelechi Musa

Iwobi

Ndidi Onazi

Akpeyi

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: please pass me some... Mikel will walk into that team , even without kicking a ball
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved