NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (FT) Intl. Friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (FT) Intl. Friendly

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Moses is definitely not done. We shouldn't over hype a friendly game.
He is referring to Simon Moron.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Watched the game live also,It was an Ok performance. Thought Success and Kayode changed the game for the SE when they came on. Not really much to say. Musa was the worse outfield player by a mile IMO.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
sholaJay wrote:I watched the game live and We actually completed our first cross at the 78th minute. A minute after musa was subbed off. Musa and Moses are done. We played much better when they were off. Heck, the only time we looked on top of things is when they came off.
Musa's confidence is shot to pieces at the moment
Oh! Thats the excuse now? abi? So what has been the excuse all these years when the brain-dead moron couldnt cross to save his life and will pass to his opponent rather than his teammate? please....
He wasn't great before l. He's terrible now
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
sholaJay wrote:I watched the game live and We actually completed our first cross at the 78th minute. A minute after musa was subbed off. Musa and Moses are done. We played much better when they were off. Heck, the only time we looked on top of things is when they came off.
Oh! Thats the excuse now? abi? So what has been the excuse all these years when the brain-dead moron couldnt cross to save his life and will pass to his opponent rather than his teammate? please....

abeg why are you even responding to such nonsense.

Musa has always been garbage. Just a fast player with no brain.

As far as I am concerned he is finished. He has already lost the vice captaincy. He shouldn't even be called up against S Africa.

I cannot justify calling him up ahead of Simon, Kalu, Onyekuru,

All these sentiments must stop. You are either good enough or you aint.

Musa is finished for now.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Just got back from the match. What a shabbles could not use my printed ticket had to go to the office and get them to print my ticket. I parked the stadium car park no way was I going to walk from anywhere. It was freezing I shivered all the way through the match. I have to say I hope Onazi is OK .....those Sengalese took him out.

Because it was so cold the Sengalese were very physical and the game seem like every thing was rushed and had no pattern of play. Nididi and Simon Moses were our best players in the first half. The assist by Moses Nacho normal puts them away

First half was even. Senegal dominated the beginning of the second half and went ahead ( Iwobi lost the ball in the middle of the field) and they scored from the resulting corner kick. The game changed once Etebo, Success and Kayode came on. Kayode robbed the Senegal player and played in Nacho who was brought down.

Seeing Success live he is a handful and a Senegal player hit him in the face off the ball . He is fast skillful and strong, would like to see more of him. Kayode is fast and skilful. Etebo is another quality player. loved how Nididi was winning the ball in midfield on the ground and in the air quality player. Iwobi, Musa and Omeru did have their best game for a Nigeria tonight. Our goalkeeper played well considering how cold it was and I understand he. Only arrived in the country last from Nigeria.

Looking at our back line to me Troost is the better defender out of the two( Balogun)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Flex Swift wrote:Just got back from the match. What a shabbles could not use my printed ticket had to go to the office and get them to print my ticket. I parked the stadium car park no way was I going to walk from anywhere. It was freezing I shivered all the way through the match. I have to say I hope Onazi is OK .....those Sengalese took him out.

Because it was so cold the Sengalese were very physical and the game seem like every thing was rushed and had no pattern of play. Nididi and Simon Moses were our best players in the first half. The assist by Moses Nacho normal puts them away

First half was even. Senegal dominated the beginning of the second half and went ahead ( Iwobi lost the ball in the middle of the field) and they scored from the resulting corner kick. The game changed once Etebo, Success and Kayode came on. Kayode robbed the Senegal player and played in Nacho who was brought down.

Seeing Success live he is a handful and a Senegal player hit him in the face off the ball . He is fast skillful and strong, would like to see more of him. Kayode is fast and skilful. Etebo is another quality player. loved how Nididi was winning the ball in midfield on the ground and in the air quality player. Iwobi, Musa and Omeru did have their best game for a Nigeria tonight. Our goalkeeper played well considering how cold it was and I understand he. Only arrived in the country last from Nigeria.

Looking at our back line to me Troost is the better defender out of the two( Balogun)
Thanks for the analysis oga flex
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (2nd Half) Friendly

Post by paj »

vancity eagle wrote:I was talking about Success 2 years ago.

The naysayers were fine with "chicken head" Musa, reminding us how he scored against the mighty Argentina.

They told us Success was not ready, and that Prince Aggrey, Babatunde and whatever other rubbish banded about was better.

Success is our best winger after Moses and Iwobi. There is no ifs ands or buts about it. It is what it is. Hopefully Rohr will continue doing what he has been doing.

Going by the commentary of this game Musa once again stunk up the joint.Sooner or later there will be no place in a 23 man squad for Ahmed Musa. His days are numbered.
...I was reading this seriously until I looked up to see who post am :boo:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

football that would scarcely have looked out of place in League Two
- damning assessment!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Hmm where is my thread where I told you guys how Akpeyi is and how he is not fit to be a Nigerian #2
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Please his name is Simon not to be confused with Victor Moses, and I agree with your assessment, Rohr needs to allow Simon and Ahmed Musa focus on their club careers, Musa at least can play as a 90th minute sub but Simon is just not SE level
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Gotti wrote:Love the female 'commentator' screaming her head off...
Thanks to her and her buddy - even though they appear not to know who Success is. :D
Did you actually enjoy anything from the video? I would prefer to listen to audio live commentaries than watch that. How simple stuff like holding camera steady is rocket science to Nigerians remains bizarre to me. The lady's "noise" was a complete turn off apart from their ignorance of the players.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ahidjo wrote:
Thanks to her and her buddy - even though they appear not to know who Success is. :D
Did you actually enjoy anything from the video? I would prefer to listen to audio live commentaries than watch that. How simple stuff like holding camera steady is rocket science to Nigerians remains bizarre to me. The lady's "noise" was a complete turn off apart from their ignorance of the players.
My guy you have issues.

What does how she held the camera, have to do with being Nigerian? If you hate yourself, keep it to yourself.

1) I know from seeing a couple of people fiddle on both Youtube and Facebook with live streaming from Mobile devices, that the orientation is not intuitive. Hence why she kept flipping it, yet the only orientation that worked well was portrait. I believe there is a button that she may have been able to press, but simply flipping the phone does not achieve the desired effect.

2) As for keeping it steady, well she did say on various occasions that her hands were tired and the weather was brutal.

If you took such issue with her, all you had to do was close the feed, she owed you absolutely nothing. I criticize Nigeria myself, when there is obviously something wrong with our society and economy, but criticizing Nigerians just for the sake of criticizing Nigerians means you have some issues.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ahidjo wrote:

Wow! You are a horrible human being and this is why people hate to help Nigerians. This girl does not know you, does not work for any network, paid her own damnn money to go watch the match and chose to be generous inside very cold weather to help those who could not be there. Your fellow cybereagles members went to the game, how many of them streamed the game for us?? NONE! This girl was holding the camera for more than 20 minutes per time, with her hand freezing and you have the audacity to open your smelly mouth and insult her??? WOW! unbelievable! Have you ever held something up for even 5 minutes to know how your hand will hurt?

Your post is actually a bannable offense and I hope the moderators will do the right thin and ban you. nonsense.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Zelex wrote:Watched the game live also,It was an Ok performance. Thought Success and Kayode changed the game for the SE when they came on. Not really much to say. Musa was the worse outfield player by a mile IMO.
Musa is a striker, and not a WINGER, the coach should try him out there.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

wiseone wrote:
- damning assessment!
Don't mind the dimwit's comments . I recalled few years ago this same comment was made by one other reporter when Nigeria played one African country in London. I'm sure is phrase they have learnt to use among themselves whenever reporting African football to denigrate it.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bully12 wrote:
wiseone wrote:
- damning assessment!
Don't mind the dimwit's comments . I recalled few years ago this same comment was made by one other reporter when Nigeria played one African country in London. I'm sure is phrase they have learnt to use among themselves whenever reporting African football to denigrate it.
They should concern themselves with the poor state of English football in general.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

osita wrote:
Zelex wrote:Watched the game live also,It was an Ok performance. Thought Success and Kayode changed the game for the SE when they came on. Not really much to say. Musa was the worse outfield player by a mile IMO.
In place of who? Nigeria should reject all its striking options and play Musa just to appease you abi? You are not a serious boy! :roll:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

platinum wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Just got back from the match. What a shabbles could not use my printed ticket had to go to the office and get them to print my ticket. I parked the stadium car park no way was I going to walk from anywhere. It was freezing I shivered all the way through the match. I have to say I hope Onazi is OK .....those Sengalese took him out.

Seeing Success live he is a handful and a Senegal player hit him in the face off the ball . He is fast skillful and strong, would like to see more of him. Kayode is fast and skilful. Etebo is another quality player. loved how Nididi was winning the ball in midfield on the ground and in the air quality player. Iwobi, Musa and Omeru did not have their best game for a Nigeria tonight. Our goalkeeper played well considering how cold it was and I understand he. Only arrived in the country lastnight from Nigeria.

Thanks for the analysis oga flex
Your very welcome. I forgot to add at the end of the game there was a pitch invasion and Troost came over to talk to his homes .everyone started taking selfies with him. Very nice guy. Overall I think we have a good team considering Senegal were at the nations cup so have had more playing time together. Once Success, Kayode and Etebo came on Senegal collapsed Nigeria took over and we finished the game the stronger team looking for the winner.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

danfo driver wrote:
osita wrote:
In place of who? Nigeria should reject all its striking options and play Musa just to appease you abi? You are not a serious boy! :roll:

How old are you?, all these little pricks, for your information, Musa started off as a striker for kano pillars and was a goal scorer who was very consistent with putting balls behind the net.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Balogun is yet to play for his club this year due to injury.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

abeg why are you even responding to such nonsense.

Musa has always been garbage. Just a fast player with no brain.

As far as I am concerned he is finished. He has already lost the vice captaincy. He shouldn't even be called up against S Africa.

I cannot justify calling him up ahead of Simon, Kalu, Onyekuru,

All these sentiments must stop. You are either good enough or you aint.

Musa is finished for now.
No comments on Etebo again?
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I just saw Ayo Akinfe take picture with Rohr.

no be that one you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: CE members who go to games and ignore us suffering online. Only to criticize the stranger who brought the game to us. IAG, I demand an apology for that girl.
I hope you were aware that stewards were stopping people from recording the game. Besides are there no connections to London from your location? I attended games in London when I was based in Helsinki.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

My assessment of the match:
1. It was COLLLLDDD!!!
2. Senegal are a few steps ahead of us in terms of team building. They were very big compared to our boys.
3. We were lucky to get a draw.
4. Hopefully a few more days of practice together will deliver a more cohesive performance against Burkina Faso.
5. We still need Mikel. Without him I'm concerned that there seems to be very little creativity, although this improved when Etebo and Kayode came on.
6. I hope Onazi is ok. It looked like a serious injury.
7. My 7-year old boy enjoyed his first live match (except for the cold) and wants to go again on Monday.