NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (FT) Intl. Friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (FT) Intl. Friendly

Post by aruako1 »

ogiso wrote:My assessment of the match:
1. It was COLLLLDDD!!!
2. Senegal are a few steps ahead of us in terms of team building. They were very big compared to our boys.
3. We were lucky to get a draw.
4. Hopefully a few more days of practice together will deliver a more cohesive performance against Burkina Faso.
5. We still need Mikel. Without him I'm concerned that there seems to be very little creativity, although this improved when Etebo and Kayode came on.
6. I hope Onazi is ok. It looked like a serious injury.
7. My 7-year old boy enjoyed his first live match (except for the cold) and wants to go again on Monday.
It wasn't that cold. Una too shiver for UK joo.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am very confident if Mikel was I that game, SE wouldn't have been bullied in the midfield
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

osita wrote:
Zelex wrote:Watched the game live also,It was an Ok performance. Thought Success and Kayode changed the game for the SE when they came on. Not really much to say. Musa was the worse outfield player by a mile IMO.
Musa is a striker, and not a WINGER, the coach should try him out there.
No time for excuses, Musa has had close to 5 years to prove he belong to the SE. In a 12 minute debut Sucess looked like he was ready for Int football. Etebor came in and oozed with class and Kayode who had many question marks over his head, has given many of us a second thought. We simply have to many talents to making up excuses for indivual players. It's swim or sink from here on in.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

sholaJay wrote:
osita wrote:
Zelex wrote:Watched the game live also,It was an Ok performance. Thought Success and Kayode changed the game for the SE when they came on. Not really much to say. Musa was the worse outfield player by a mile IMO.
No time for excuses, Musa has had close to 5 years to prove he belong to the SE. In a 12 minute debut Sucess looked like he was ready for Int football. Etebor came in and oozed with class and Kayode who had many question marks over his head, has given many of us a second thought. We simply have to many talents to making up excuses for indivual players. It's swim or sink from here on in.
This same Musa that sent shivers down Argentina spine with two goals at the world cup? This same Musa that has scored goals for Nigeria? Lets admit Musa could have done a whole lot more for the SE but please don't cheapen his contribution. If NFF don't appreciate our boys I don't think we should do the same by being ungrateful
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

pajimoh wrote:
sholaJay wrote:
osita wrote:
This same Musa that sent shivers down Argentina spine with two goals at the world cup? This same Musa that has scored goals for Nigeria? Lets admit Musa could have done a whole lot more for the SE but please don't cheapen his contribution. If NFF don't appreciate our boys I don't think we should do the same by being ungrateful
I acknowledge Musa contribution to the Super Eagles. He brought me joy at the 2014 World Cup. But that is my point. His last good game was 3 years ago. Different manager, different players and different era of football. We can't keep him in the squad on the basis of his past exploits. Yesterday he was so bad (sections of the crowd were cheering when he was subbed off) and he has been this bad for a couple of years now. This isn't just with the super eagles. He is struggling to get playing time with Leicester too.

The Super Eagles talent level has improved, and from what I saw yesterday, Musa will struggle to make for future call ups (Succes and Kayode played very well) and we haven't even seen what sarenren onyekuru or Kalu has to offer). Rohr has already taken the vice captaincy armband from him so the writing is on the wall.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

sholaJay wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
sholaJay wrote:
osita wrote:
I acknowledge Musa contribution to the Super Eagles. He brought me joy at the 2014 World Cup. But that is my point. His last good game was 3 years ago. Different manager, different players and different era of football. We can't keep him in the squad on the basis of his past exploits. Yesterday he was so bad (sections of the crowd were cheering when he was subbed off) and he has been this bad for a couple of years now. This isn't just with the super eagles. He is struggling to get playing time with Leicester too.

The Super Eagles talent level has improved, and from what I saw yesterday, Musa will struggle to make for future call ups (Succes and Kayode played very well) and we haven't even seen what sarenren onyekuru or Kalu has to offer). Rohr has already taken the vice captaincy armband from him so the writing is on the wall.
If you could be a little bit innovative your knuckle head will understand that the boy is probable not played rightly in SE. He can not be that bad, if played in his preferred position e.g his previous club in russia played him rightly and he was very consistent.
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

osita wrote:
sholaJay wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
sholaJay wrote:
osita wrote:

If you could be a little bit innovative your knuckle head will understand that the boy is probable not played rightly in SE. He can not be that bad, if played in his preferred position e.g his previous club in russia played him rightly and he was very consistent.
At your big age, you still don't know how to engage in mature dialogue? Anyway, as I said he's been there for 5 years and has even been captain. If he felt as if he's being played in the wrong position I'm sure he could have communicated this. Once again no time for excuses. The talent pool has improved, therefore, he needs to improve or be dropped.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Not holding fort for CE members but going by Shoggy's explanation, anyone streaming the match live would have been violating the rights of the match

Most of the CEs in the UK are there illegally and are already violating the laws of the land so I don't see what difference one more violation would have made.
1d10t :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But na true na. Imagine CIChicken George (new release) and Princess that have been running from the UK law for 45 years since they got to London when they were in their late 30s (39 to be exact) claiming they would have violated the rights for the match.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (2nd Half) Friendly

Post by Gotti »

Ahidjo wrote:
Gotti wrote:Love the female 'commentator' screaming her head off...
Thanks to her and her buddy - even though they appear not to know who Success is. :D
Did you actually enjoy anything from the video? I would prefer to listen to audio live commentaries than watch that. How simple stuff like holding camera steady is rocket science to Nigerians remains bizarre to me. The lady's "noise" was a complete turn off apart from their ignorance of the players.
Yes, I quite enjoyed it - "noise" and all...
It's truly watching football from a fan's perspective.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

osita wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
osita wrote:
In place of who? Nigeria should reject all its striking options and play Musa just to appease you abi? You are not a serious boy! :roll:

How old are you?, all these little pricks, for your information, Musa started off as a striker for kano pillars and was a goal scorer who was very consistent with putting balls behind the net.

Good! And he was sooo amazing that he was converted to a winger who now cannot make the bench for a relegation team.

Me too, I started out as a striker and was scoring relentlessly in High school, shey they should invite me and make me striker? Oniranu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I just saw Ayo Akinfe take picture with Rohr.

no be that one you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: CE members who go to games and ignore us suffering online. Only to criticize the stranger who brought the game to us. IAG, I demand an apology for that girl.
I hope you were aware that stewards were stopping people from recording the game. Besides are there no connections to London from your location? I attended games in London when I was based in Helsinki.

I wonder why stewards didnt stop that girl from recording. Or were they only stopping pot bellied old men? Please... you think we are stupid.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

sholaJay wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
sholaJay wrote:
osita wrote:

Bro, you dont get the point. In Nigeria, merit is absolutely NOT important. We make decisions based on sentiments and nepotism. Why should we select players based on performance when Musa scored 2 goals 3 years ago? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria, NOT the government. Look at them, actually advocating that we throw merit out the window .. kai!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

We can't keep making excuses for Musa based on past exploits, that logic just can't sail ship anymore abeg! Right now he is at best a 90th minute sub player...such is life...Victor Moses, Success, Nacho, Kayode, Simon Moses seem to be main guys right now, and we haven't even seen Onyekuru yet.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Thanks to her and her buddy - even though they appear not to know who Success is. :D
Did you actually enjoy anything from the video? I would prefer to listen to audio live commentaries than watch that. How simple stuff like holding camera steady is rocket science to Nigerians remains bizarre to me. The lady's "noise" was a complete turn off apart from their ignorance of the players.

Wow! You are a horrible human being and this is why people hate to help Nigerians. This girl does not know you, does not work for any network, paid her own damnn money to go watch the match and chose to be generous inside very cold weather to help those who could not be there. Your fellow cybereagles members went to the game, how many of them streamed the game for us?? NONE! This girl was holding the camera for more than 20 minutes per time, with her hand freezing and you have the audacity to open your smelly mouth and insult her??? WOW! unbelievable! Have you ever held something up for even 5 minutes to know how your hand will hurt?

Your post is actually a bannable offense and I hope the moderators will do the right thin and ban you. nonsense.
I do not like when someone uses a singular incident and made it universal of a people's way of life. Ahidjo, that is quite a leap you undertook right there. I am a Nigerian and I can stream steady videos simply because I have a steady hand and have learnt to hold things for a long time. This has absolutely nothing to do with being Nigerian, it has everything to do with my personal ability.

Your statement, insulted close to 250 Million people my self included and I hope you will realize the errors of your ways and tender an apology to ME(Insert any Nigerian here) and yourself(assuming you are Nigerian). :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

no be that one you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: CE members who go to games and ignore us suffering online. Only to criticize the stranger who brought the game to us. IAG, I demand an apology for that girl.
I hope you were aware that stewards were stopping people from recording the game. Besides are there no connections to London from your location? I attended games in London when I was based in Helsinki.

I wonder why stewards didnt stop that girl from recording. Or were they only stopping pot bellied old men? Please... you think we are stupid.

Maybe they didn't see her and frankly it is a question for Barnet security. I didn't think it took too much intelligence to figure that out. If you want to watch the game for sure buy a bloody ticket and come to the stadium and stop moaning that you didn't get freebies.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Wow! You are a horrible human being and this is why people hate to help Nigerians. This girl does not know you, does not work for any network, paid her own damnn money to go watch the match and chose to be generous inside very cold weather to help those who could not be there. Your fellow cybereagles members went to the game, how many of them streamed the game for us?? NONE! This girl was holding the camera for more than 20 minutes per time, with her hand freezing and you have the audacity to open your smelly mouth and insult her??? WOW! unbelievable! Have you ever held something up for even 5 minutes to know how your hand will hurt?

Your post is actually a bannable offense and I hope the moderators will do the right thin and ban you. nonsense.
I do not like when someone uses a singular incident and made it universal of a people's way of life. Ahidjo, that is quite a leap you undertook right there. I am a Nigerian and I can stream steady videos simply because I have a steady hand and have learnt to hold things for a long time. This has absolutely nothing to do with being Nigerian, it has everything to do with my personal ability.

Your statement, insulted close to 250 Million people my self included and I hope you will realize the errors of your ways and tender an apology to ME(Insert any Nigerian here) and yourself(assuming you are Nigerian). :oops:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:

I knew this was coming. It is not about being a horrible being or not. It is about excellent-mindedness. If you love excellent things, you will never appreciate mediocrity. I was joyous when I was directed to the facebook page. I tried to stay clam to watch but could not. I did not see anything, not even the PK. May be you saw everything, I did not see much. If I were at the game and wanted to stream the game, I would make sure that the output is good and pleasing to the eyes-what ever that is worth doing is worth doing well. That is me, no matter the sentiments. Not blaming her for streaming but the simple task of holding firm to the camera from the first minute. It is not asking for too much. I have seen this over and over on the net! Simple task. No excuses please. You can insult all you want...
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:

How do you know the conclusion was reached after this sole incident? I have seen these over and over on the internet. Well, there is what they call sampling and inferential statistics. You use sample results to generalize (on the population)-that does not mean that every member of the population possesses the same characteristics. I did my sampling and my testing and was able to generalize based on the expected rejection of my hypothesis. You may ask me what the sampling technique was. This is science and not emotions and sentiments that continue to hold Africa down. So no need to apologize for applying science to a human problem, the same way FIFA has applied science in ranking countries, which continue to confuse the heck out of most people in Africa.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ahidjo wrote:I knew this was coming. It is not about being a horrible being or not. It is about excellent-mindedness. If you love excellent things, you will never appreciate mediocrity. I was joyous when I was directed to the facebook page. I tried to stay clam to watch but could not. I did not see anything, not even the PK. May be you saw everything, I did not see much. If I were at the game and wanted to stream the game, I would make sure that the output is good and pleasing to the eyes-what ever that is worth doing is worth doing well. That is me, no matter the sentiments. Not blaming her for streaming but the simple task of holding firm to the camera from the first minute. It is not asking for too much. I have seen this over and over on the net! Simple task. No excuses please. You can insult all you want...
There's still the small matter of apologizing to 180 million Nigerians... :lol:

Btw, the poor lass was quite aware that the pictures were unsteady (she said her hand was tired and she was very cold) and indicated she was going to stop streaming - but only persisted because she saw that a large (and constantly increasing) number of people had started viewing the stream. When Jakande embarked upon a mass building of schools, he realized that these were not aesthetically 'excellent' schools, but that sometimes access is of greater VALUE than aesthetics - a viewpoint apparently shared by the hundreds that watched the stream last night (including yourself, who despite self-acclaimed lofty standards, nonetheless stuck with her purported "mediocrity").
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ahidjo wrote:How do you know the conclusion was reached after this sole incident? I have seen these over and over on the internet. Well, there is what they call sampling and inferential statistics. You use sample results to generalize (on the population)-that does not mean that every member of the population possesses the same characteristics. I did my sampling and my testing and was able to generalize based on the expected rejection of my hypothesis. You may ask me what the sampling technique was. This is science and not emotions and sentiments that continue to hold Africa down. So no need to apologize for applying science to a human problem, the same way FIFA has applied science in ranking countries, which continue to confuse the heck out of most people in Africa.
Bros, when in a hole quit digging (unless you are going for the Full Trump :lol: )...

Science should have thought you that any thesis predicated upon a faulty premise would likely be fatally flawed. Given that Nigerians on the Internet are hardly representative of the general population, your extrapolation crashes before it even gets off the ground. Nonetheless, mediocre Nigerians on the Internet are no more than other mediocre folks on the Internet (in fact some may plausibly contend that the large swathes of the Internet is populated with mediocrity).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ahidjo wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:

How do you know the conclusion was reached after this sole incident? I have seen these over and over on the internet. Well, there is what they call sampling and inferential statistics. You use sample results to generalize (on the population)-that does not mean that every member of the population possesses the same characteristics. I did my sampling and my testing and was able to generalize based on the expected rejection of my hypothesis. You may ask me what the sampling technique was. This is science and not emotions and sentiments that continue to hold Africa down. So no need to apologize for applying science to a human problem, the same way FIFA has applied science in ranking countries, which continue to confuse the heck out of most people in Africa.
Your statement states "Nigerians" which includes myself and I am offended that you included me in your theory without studying my personal ability. I however wouldn't have any problem is you used the words 'some Nigerians' which may or may not encompass me.

If during your sampling of videos from Nigerians, you found a 100 percent trait common to all, then your statement could stand up to you your conclusion of all Nigerians. If however you found a less than 100 percent occurrence, then you are not a scientist for the conclusion you reached. If you were a scientist, you would have used terms like 'the probability of'.

Quick question, what is the variation in your sampled Nigerians?

What if I told you that my studies of IQs of people named Ahidjo produced a result of numbers below 100, therefore you that is named Ahidjo 'have a low IQ'. I didn't qualify my statement with something in the line 'most likely or probably have a low IQ'. Which will state that not all Ahidjos are included but a good number does. I believe there is a likelihood of you being offended by my stereotyping you.
Last edited by Cito on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Maybe they didn't see her and frankly it is a question for Barnet security. I didn't think it took too much intelligence to figure that out. If you want to watch the game for sure buy a bloody ticket and come to the stadium and stop moaning that you didn't get freebies.

sadly, you are too thick mentally to get it. Personally, i didnt give a damn about the game. when everyone was looking for the game online like a b1tch in heat, i didnt give a damn to waste my time. The issue here is people talking down on, or attacking a girl who did y'alls assssses a favor by videoing the game for you. Your own friends from CE went to the game and selfishly ignored your asssssses and enjoyed the game. But some girl who doesnt even know you existed, risked herself + cold + pained hand to share the game with y'all and you have ingrates criticizing her. That is my point. I couldnt care less about whether CE members who went to the game are selfish or not. That is their problem.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ahidjo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:

I knew this was coming. It is not about being a horrible being or not. It is about excellent-mindedness. If you love excellent things, you will never appreciate mediocrity. I was joyous when I was directed to the facebook page. I tried to stay clam to watch but could not. I did not see anything, not even the PK. May be you saw everything, I did not see much. If I were at the game and wanted to stream the game, I would make sure that the output is good and pleasing to the eyes-what ever that is worth doing is worth doing well. That is me, no matter the sentiments. Not blaming her for streaming but the simple task of holding firm to the camera from the first minute. It is not asking for too much. I have seen this over and over on the net! Simple task. No excuses please. You can insult all you want...
Next time, pay someone to go to the game and video it for you. Bloody ingrate!