NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (FT) Intl. Friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (2nd Half) Friendly

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:I knew this was coming. It is not about being a horrible being or not. It is about excellent-mindedness. If you love excellent things, you will never appreciate mediocrity. I was joyous when I was directed to the facebook page. I tried to stay clam to watch but could not. I did not see anything, not even the PK. May be you saw everything, I did not see much. If I were at the game and wanted to stream the game, I would make sure that the output is good and pleasing to the eyes-what ever that is worth doing is worth doing well. That is me, no matter the sentiments. Not blaming her for streaming but the simple task of holding firm to the camera from the first minute. It is not asking for too much. I have seen this over and over on the net! Simple task. No excuses please. You can insult all you want...
There's still the small matter of apologizing to 180 million Nigerians... :lol:

Btw, the poor lass was quite aware that the pictures were unsteady (she said her hand was tired and she was very cold) and indicated she was going to stop streaming - but only persisted because she saw that a large (and constantly increasing) number of people had started viewing the stream. When Jakande embarked upon a mass building of schools, he realized that these were not aesthetically 'excellent' schools, but that sometimes access is of greater VALUE than aesthetics - a viewpoint apparently shared by the hundreds that watched the stream last night (including yourself, who despite self-acclaimed lofty standards, nonetheless stuck with her purported "mediocrity").
Please, tell him about the lofty standards link that you paid 500 naira for and they ate your money. nonsense! Ordinary gratitude, some people dont have.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Gotti wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:How do you know the conclusion was reached after this sole incident? I have seen these over and over on the internet. Well, there is what they call sampling and inferential statistics. You use sample results to generalize (on the population)-that does not mean that every member of the population possesses the same characteristics. I did my sampling and my testing and was able to generalize based on the expected rejection of my hypothesis. You may ask me what the sampling technique was. This is science and not emotions and sentiments that continue to hold Africa down. So no need to apologize for applying science to a human problem, the same way FIFA has applied science in ranking countries, which continue to confuse the heck out of most people in Africa.
Bros, when in a hole quit digging (unless you are going for the Full Trump :lol: )...

Science should have thought you that any thesis predicated upon a faulty premise would likely be fatally flawed. Given that Nigerians on the Internet are hardly representative of the general population, your extrapolation crashes before it even gets off the ground. Nonetheless, mediocre Nigerians on the Internet are no more than other mediocre folks on the Internet (in fact some may plausibly contend that the large swathes of the Internet is populated with mediocrity).
This statement gives you away as one lacking the basic understanding of the meaning of population, at least as used in statistical research, but as usual, like a typical Nigerian (Yes, I said it),you want to claim to know. I do not want to drag this any further. It is an academic exercise in futility but you know, one thing I try to stay away from is discussing issues for which I do not have any formal or informal preparations but on this one, I stand my ground. I am done and out.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 1 - 1 SENEGAL (FT) Intl. Friendly

Post by Ahidjo »

Cito wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Gotti wrote:Love the female 'commentator' screaming her head off...
Thanks to her and her buddy - even though they appear not to know who Success is. :D
Did you actually enjoy anything from the video? I would prefer to listen to audio live commentaries than watch that. How simple stuff like holding camera steady is rocket science to Nigerians remains bizarre to me. The lady's "noise" was a complete turn off apart from their ignorance of the players.

Wow! You are a horrible human being and this is why people hate to help Nigerians. This girl does not know you, does not work for any network, paid her own damnn money to go watch the match and chose to be generous inside very cold weather to help those who could not be there. Your fellow cybereagles members went to the game, how many of them streamed the game for us?? NONE! This girl was holding the camera for more than 20 minutes per time, with her hand freezing and you have the audacity to open your smelly mouth and insult her??? WOW! unbelievable! Have you ever held something up for even 5 minutes to know how your hand will hurt?
Your post is actually a bannable offense and I hope the moderators will do the right thin and ban you. nonsense.
I do not like when someone uses a singular incident and made it universal of a people's way of life. Ahidjo, that is quite a leap you undertook right there. I am a Nigerian and I can stream steady videos simply because I have a steady hand and have learnt to hold things for a long time. This has absolutely nothing to do with being Nigerian, it has everything to do with my personal ability.

Your statement, insulted close to 250 Million people my self included and I hope you will realize the errors of your ways and tender an apology to ME(Insert any Nigerian here) and yourself(assuming you are Nigerian). :oops:
How do you know the conclusion was reached after this sole incident? I have seen these over and over on the internet. Well, there is what they call sampling and inferential statistics. You use sample results to generalize (on the population)-that does not mean that every member of the population possesses the same characteristics. I did my sampling and my testing and was able to generalize based on the expected rejection of my hypothesis. You may ask me what the sampling technique was. This is science and not emotions and sentiments that continue to hold Africa down. So no need to apologize for applying science to a human problem, the same way FIFA has applied science in ranking countries, which continue to confuse the heck out of most people in Africa.
Your statement states "Nigerians" which includes myself and I am offended that you included me in your theory without studying my personal ability. I however wouldn't have any problem is you used the words 'some Nigerians' which may or may not encompass me.

If during your sampling of videos from Nigerians, you found a 100 percent trait common to all, then your statement could stand up to you your conclusion of all Nigerians. If however you found a less than 100 percent occurrence, then you are not a scientist for the conclusion you reached. If you were a scientist, you would have used terms like 'the probability of'.

Quick question, what is the variation in your sampled Nigerians?

What if I told you that my studies of IQs of people named Ahidjo produced a result of numbers below 100, therefore you that is named Ahidjo 'have a low IQ'. I didn't qualify my statement with something in the line 'most likely or probably have a low IQ'. Which will state that not all Ahidjos are included but a good number does. I believe there is a likelihood of you being offended by my stereotyping you.
Mr man,
I do not need to include everybody in the sample. It is just a subset of the population. This is why appropriate sampling techniques are adopted to limit bias. By the way, do you know the population? Who defines it? I do not understand the question of "variation" You mean variance, spread or standard deviation? Your analogy does not make sense to me. You try hard to pretend you are into this but your knowledge seems limited. You said you are studying people named Ahidjo and one of the participants is Ahidjo? Doesn't make sense. Are you a professional researcher. If not please stay away or better still join nairaland where every tom, d#$% and harry knows everything. Good night!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V SENEGAL 0 -0 (FIRST HALF) Links

Post by Man Ataye »

:rotf: a
bushboy wrote:
bully12 wrote:OK 3PM PACIFIC MEANS 12 NOON CENTRAL
Lol! See olodo! Pacific time is actually BEHIND central time. So 3pm Pacific would mean 5pm central.

The game is at 3pm ET. 2pm CT. Noon PT.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ahidjo wrote:
Gotti wrote:Bros, when in a hole quit digging (unless you are going for the Full Trump :lol: )...

Science should have thought you that any thesis predicated upon a faulty premise would likely be fatally flawed. Given that Nigerians on the Internet are hardly representative of the general population, your extrapolation crashes before it even gets off the ground. Nonetheless, mediocre Nigerians on the Internet are no more than other mediocre folks on the Internet (in fact some may plausibly contend that the large swathes of the Internet is populated with mediocrity).
This statement gives you away as one lacking the basic understanding of the meaning of population, at least as used in statistical research, but as usual, like a typical Nigerian (Yes, I said it),you want to claim to know. I do not want to drag this any further. It is an academic exercise in futility but you know, one thing I try to stay away from is discussing issues for which I do not have any formal or informal preparations but on this one, I stand my ground. I am done and out.
Validation of the saying that a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous... :lol:

Dude, you extrapolated from your so-called "scientific" sampling of a largely unrepresentative segment of Nigerians (hopefully, you verified their passports) to draw a conclusion about the GENERAL Nigerian population. That is a mediocre (yes, I said it) sampling methodology that is neither useful "statistical research" nor valid science.
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ahidjo wrote:
Mr man,
I do not need to include everybody in the sample. It is just a subset of the population. This is why appropriate sampling techniques are adopted to limit bias. By the way, do you know the population? Who defines it? I do not understand the question of "variation" You mean variance, spread or standard deviation? Your analogy does not make sense to me. You try hard to pretend you are into this but your knowledge seems limited. You said you are studying people named Ahidjo and one of the participants is Ahidjo? Doesn't make sense. Are you a professional researcher. If not please stay away or better still join nairaland where every tom, d#$% and harry knows everything. Good night!
My point exactly, you just need to qualify your final publication. Do not pretend you didn't get the Ahidjo analysis. Study is on a sample of Ahijos of which you were not part of. I accost you with the result and use it to judge you. Now I have broken it down to layman level for you.

I am an Engineer, a design Engineer to be precise and I deal with product design of which a good sample size is taken for testing. So I believe that gives me a good head way into the world of sampling. That is why there is a factor called tolerance. This takes care of that variance(variation of observation in a sample size) factor.

You are an expert, but your initial proclamation and the supporting lines raises some doubt about your expertise.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote:My point exactly, you just need to qualify your final publication. Do not pretend you didn't get the Ahidjo analysis. Study is on a sample of Ahijos of which you were not part of. I accost you with the result and use it to judge you. Now I have broken it down to layman level for you.

I am an Engineer, a design Engineer to be precise and I deal with product design of which a good sample size is taken for testing. So I believe that gives me a good head way into the world of sampling. That is why there is a factor called tolerance. This takes care of that variance(variation of observation in a sample size) factor.

You are an expert, but your initial proclamation and the supporting lines raises some doubt about your expertise.
*Channeling my Inner Ahidjo* :D "I have seen these over and over on the internet..."
Dudes who probably have the paper certificate, but the actual expertise remains doubtful.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Cito wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Mr man,
My point exactly, you just need to qualify your final publication. Do not pretend you didn't get the Ahidjo analysis. Study is on a sample of Ahijos of which you were not part of. I accost you with the result and use it to judge you. Now I have broken it down to layman level for you.

You are an engineer, a design engineer and you think you are an expert in statistical studies and research because you take some samples for testing. What a shame! Please stick to your engineering profession and stay out things you know little or nothing about.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ahidjo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Mr man,

You are an engineer, a design engineer and you think you are an expert in statistical studies and research because you take some samples for testing. What a shame! Please stick to your engineering profession and stay out things you know little or nothing about.
I use sample size of one to a few hundreds to validate my design, depending on the stage of the development. If that is not statistical application, could your expert self tell me what is. :D
In case your expert self forgot, statistics could be applied in various field of studies and life endeavors. You can apply yours as a tenured professor in University of Cyber Eagles, I wont begrudge you your PhD obtained here. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."