PLAYER RATINGS v SENEGAL pls

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
PLAYER RATINGS v SENEGAL pls

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Pls, will those that actually watched the game give us ratings on how the boys did v Senegal. No ratings from CE commentary pls. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PLAYER RATINGS v SENEGAL pls

Post by Dammy »

The Super Eagles of Nigeria yesterday maintained their unbeaten run under coach Gernot Rohr by forcing the Teranga Lions of Senegal to a 1-1 draw in a friendly game played in London yesterday.

Owngoalnigeria.com Michael James who watched the game live on behalf of this football portal gives his ratings on the performances of the Super Eagles players at The Hive Stadium.

Daniel Akpeyi – Could and should have done better in dealing with the corner kick which lead to the only goal scored by the Senegalese. Made some routine saves but looks unconvincing when it comes to reading corner kicks….. 6/10

Kenneth Omeruo – Preferred ahead of newly invited Tyroone Ebuehi to start at right back, and the on loan Chelsea man didn’t disappoint despite playing out of position. He was very solid in defending but added nothing in terms of joining the attack even when he had the chance…..6.5/10
Elderson Echiejile – Solid display, his best performance in a Super Eagles shirt for a while. Picked up a booking for a needful foul in the second half as Senegal threatened on the counter. One major flaw was his failure to join the attack owing to his abilities to whip in crosses…..7/10
Leon Balogun – Command in Chief of the Eagles backline. Continued his “Oyibo Wall” partnership with William Troost Ekong at the heart of Nigeria defence,can partly be blamed for Moussa Sow’s goal. However the Mainz 05 man brings about calm, assuredness and organisation to the Eagles defence…..7/10.

William Troost Ekong – Very solid in duels, especially aerial battles although he looks unconvincing with the ball at his feet. Grew into the game in the second half and his physical edge helped him in putting Senegal’s front men in check…..7.5/10

Ogenyi Onazi – The stand in captain lasted just 25 minutes, no thanks to a knee kick to his back which lead to his substitution. For the period he was on, he displayed a willingness to get stuck in and didn’t shy away from physical duels…..4/10

Wilfred Ndidi (Man of The Match)- His touches ooze class, very solid in defending and quick in turning defence into attack, provoked memories of former Super Eagles captain Sunday Oliseh with the way he marshaled the midfield. Ndidi’s passing range has also improved beyond imagination in such a short time. Head and shoulders above every player on the pitch last night…..9/10

Alex Iwobi – Had a game to forget for Nigeria as he was guilty of giving away possession cheaply, and struggled to cope with the physical nature of the game. Was rightly substituted by coach Gernot Rohr in the second half…..5.5/10

Moses Simon – Came to live late into the first half when Nigeria dominated the game, did a whole lot of job defensively for his team, and troubled Senegal with his pace and dribbling abilities. Overall didn’t do too badly but can obviously do better…..7/10

Ahmed Musa – Kept aside all the drama that saw him relinquish his role as deputy captain of the team before the game, to deliver a very solid performance on the right for Nigeria. Used his pace to good effect at both ends of the pitch but finally ball often let him down. Substituted after picking a knock….. 7/10

Kelechi Iheanacho – Tucked the penalty that leveled scores for Nigeria with a shrug, guilty of denying Nigeria a clear chance to win the game when he opt to shoot where a pass would have seen Isacc Success tuck the ball into an empty net late into time added on. Showed quick feet to win the penalty which he converted and his deliveries from free kicks was another angle which caught the eyes…..7.5/10

Substitutes:

John Ogu – Big man, who thrives and loves aerial duels, helped Nigeria gained momentum following his introduction for the injured Onazi after 25 minutes. Combined nicely with Ndidi in the midfield, and shielded the defence from pressure. Ogu had his best game in a while for the Eagles, he looks very fit and mobile for his height and big frame…..8/10

Oghenekaro Etebo – Had Nigeria’s first attempt on target, loves to shoot and wants to always get on the ball. His introduction added pace and urgency to the attack of Nigeria which helped Iheanacho to drag Senegal defenders out of position with his runs behind the defence…..6.5/10

Olarenwaju Kayode – Brought in Pace, strength and determination to help out in defence and attack. Wasted a glorious header from ten yards to score, still did enough to earn a rating higher than average….. 6/10

Isaac Success – Beaten to the man of the match award by Wifred Ndidi by just a fraction. The Watford man showed he has what it takes to be a regular in this team. He went past Sengalese defenders with his mesmerising step overs, power and pace. Gave Kalidou Koulibaly a lot to worry about with his forays from the right. If only he can stay fit he will definitely be a regular in this team…..8.5/10

*Michael James reporting from London
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/24/se ... iheanacho/
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Who is this guy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who is this guy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
Hahaha!! Emir stop pretending you don't know who he is. You have posted his videos before. You and I know who he is :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

highbury wrote:

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
Hahaha!! Emir stop pretending you don't know who he is. You have posted his videos before. You and I know who he is :rotf:
Is he a CE member? Is this our own pounded yam? I know it's not VC cos he's not crying in the video. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ahmed Musa – Kept aside all the drama that saw him relinquish his role as deputy captain of the team before the game, to
1.) deliver a very solid performance on the right for Nigeria.
2.) Used his pace to good effect at both ends of the pitch
3.) but finally ball often let him down.
Substituted after picking a knock….. 7/10
This is not completely in tandem with some opinions on CE :mrgreen:
I also agree that we should blame the ball. Musa should be played in the middle, not necessarily as a starter but good enough to be part of the team.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

My view:

Akpeyi - 7
Omeruio - 6
Echiejile - 6
Ekong - 5
Balogun - 5
Ndidi -9
Onazi - 6
Iwobi - 4
Iheanacho - 6
Musa - 5
Simon - 6

Subs:
Ogu - 7
Etebo - 5
Kayode - 6
Success - 6

Ndidi was simply a player-and-a-half. Absolutely awesome!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Ahmed Musa – Kept aside all the drama that saw him relinquish his role as deputy captain of the team before the game, to
I also agree that we should blame the ball. Musa should be played in the middle, not necessarily as a starter but good enough to be part of the team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think he meant to write "final ball"...
As the piece has a few other similar errors.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

My view:

Akpeyi - 6
Omeruio - 6.5
Echiejile - 6
Ekong - 6.5
Balogun - 6.5
Ndidi -9
Onazi - 6
Iwobi - 4
Iheanacho - 6
Musa - 5
Simon - 6

Subs:
Ogu - 7
Etebo - 5
Kayode - 6
Success - 7
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This thread is pointless. The majority of CE didn't watch the game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is pointless. The majority of CE didn't watch the game.
Dude, it's your post that's pointless...
As it's the few CEs that watched the game that are giving their ratings.

Meanwhile, next time you deem any thread as " pointless" simply scroll on...
It's not by force to respond to every thread - there are no Walmart coupons for the most CE posts.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
oh man I used to watch this guy all the time forgot all about him.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Gotti wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

:lol: :lol: Na true o - it's final ball. I don't know what we should blame for that one though.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is pointless. The Ohenhen of CE didn't watch the game.
:lol: :lol:

Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Sir V wrote:My view:

Akpeyi - 6
Omeruio - 6.5
Echiejile - 6
Ekong - 6.5
Balogun - 6.5
Ndidi -9
Onazi - 6
Iwobi - 4
Iheanacho - 6
Musa - 5
Simon - 6

Subs:
Ogu - 7
Etebo - 5
Kayode - 6
Success - 7
I think this is fair. I would probably give Musa a 4 and Ndidi an 8. Thought Ekong was clearly better than Balogun in the game.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

The errors (I suppose) made some of the sentences hard for me to understand, but I got the general points the writer was trying to convey.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

I think we should wait for the write to confirm what he meant. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is pointless. The majority of CE didn't watch the game.
Dude, it's your post that's pointless...
As it's the few CEs that watched the game that are giving their ratings.

Meanwhile, next time you deem any thread as " pointless" simply scroll on...
It's not by force to respond to every thread - there are no Walmart coupons for the most CE posts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Gotti wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

:lol: :lol: Na true o - it's final ball. I don't know what we should blame for that one though.
Your own don finish :taunt: