What Rohr said at the post-match conference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What Rohr said at the post-match conference

Post by Tbite »

Enugu II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:Akpeyi is always protected by excuses, he came into the team unexpected, he featured in the qualifers last minute, he only became a GK in the spur of the moment, he only realized he was meant to keep a clean sheet in the 70th minute, he only found his contact lenses a few hours ago and missed training, he is only just refreshed because he was swimming in Ogogoro all night.

Abeg I don't give a rats arse what he was only just doing and where he only just came from...is he good or not?

He is not! #3 GK at best! at best!

Akpeyi had a brilliant game. He was superb, saving our bacon on at least three occasions.
From what I could see via the Facebook video, Akpeyi seemed to have a good game but I leave the evaluation to those who had the best view of the game.
Well I watching the match RIGHT NOW in 1080p and this guy is NOWHERE NEAR good enough to play for Nigeria.

NOT even close. One of the worst GK that have ever worn the green since I was born and that is not an exaggeration.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think it is almost certain that the midfield trio he will use against Cameroon will be Ndidi, Ogu and Mikel. They have the physicality to match Les Lions Indomitable.
Onazi was our best player(by a very long mile) till he was 'forced' off the pitch.
I don't know where you pull off your daft analysis from?
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:Akpeyi is always protected by excuses, he came into the team unexpected, he featured in the qualifers last minute, he only became a GK in the spur of the moment, he only realized he was meant to keep a clean sheet in the 70th minute, he only found his contact lenses a few hours ago and missed training, he is only just refreshed because he was swimming in Ogogoro all night.

Abeg I don't give a rats arse what he was only just doing and where he only just came from...is he good or not?

Akpeyi had a brilliant game.
He was superb, saving our bacon on at least three occasions.
Another BS and idiotic analysis...............Akpeyi was pants in the 30mins(that I have watched till now). Akpeyi can't pick cornerkicks, his goal-kicks are a massive disaster and giving passes to his teammates is a nightmare.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Akpeyi had a brilliant game. He was superb, saving our bacon on at least three occasions.
B/S! On what three occasions? He fumbles as much as he saves! He is not consistent, cannot organize his lines and makes too many schoolboy errors. Coming from where were were in the past 20 years, this is a massive massive massive massive downgrade!

This would be like Queen Elizabeth driving a rust bucket beetle. One save does not make a Buffon, but many fumbles does make a Buffoon.

Even Ikeme is a step down from where we have been, but Ikeme is alright. Akpeyi abeg that is taking things too far, he is good for training sessions at best. We need better.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I believe Rohr will be looking at a physical team against Cameroon with Mikel, Ogu and Ndidi as its fulcrum
[2] He is almost certain to go for a physical targetman in either Success or Kayode
[3] He said he will look at a few more players as he is always on the lookout for young blood
[4] From what I saw yesterday, Ndidi is now going to be an automatic starter. Personally, I would pick him ahead of Onazi any day
[5] I expect to see Ebuehi against Burkina Faso. How he performs may determine if he becomes a regular starter of not
[6] Rohr said that on at least one instance, Mikel has played as a central defender in China. he added that Mikel can also play as an attacking midfieder
[7] Alex Iwobi was totally out-physicalled yesterday. I do not expect to even see him on the team sheet against Cameroon
[8] I think the only positions the coach is now uncertain of are the fullback slots
[9] We need to work on our finishing though. We wasted too many good chances yesterday
[10] After the Burkina Faso game, I will give you my thoughts ion the ideal line-up for the Cameroon match
Another BS................like I posted earlier, I just finished the 1st 30 mins('cos I have to re-watch a couple of scenes).
Iwobi got all his passes right and made the right runs................it's not his fault that our midfield can't setup fast attacks with precise passing.
Last edited by zee on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

In the past 20 years...Peter Rufai, Enyeama, Ejide, Shoronmu...now this.....
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ohenhen1 wrote:There is no way we can verify Iwobi performance. The game was not streamed or on TV.
Here.....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279233
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mystic wrote:Thanks Ayo for your report. Great job!
Folks like you encourage irresponsible and PIMPING hacks.......masquerading as reporters.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Chimex101 wrote:I've made it clear time and time again that Onazi's era (with due respect to his services) is nearing an end as its now Ndidi's era...younger, more talented, and one for the future. In that midfield, only Mikel remains in the class of the older generation that can still retain and command a key role (though it will be sudued every now and then since we have Etebo and Ogu)...right now I would suggest we play Mikel as our attacking outlet as Alex needs some time to grow into that role...our midfield core seems to have shaped up already...Ndidi, Ogu, Etebo, Mikel, and Onazi in that order.
Dumbo :mrgreen: .............Have you taken time to watch the match?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:wonderful thread by Ayo, so much better than the rubbish CIC posted..i am so mad i clicked on his website
Gullible gasheads :D like you are the reasons PIMPS flourish in Nigerian football.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Lolly wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:There is no way we can verify Iwobi performance. The game was not streamed or on TV.
But a good number of CEs watched him live. He was really poor.
You just proved that you NEVER watched the match.
Poor should only be ascribed to our Keeper and both CDs(especially Balogun in the 1st 30mins)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Whoosh! I see some people are invisible to irony and sarcasm...
:D
Flex Swift wrote:
wiseone wrote:If he wants to match Cameroon physically, he should recall Fegor Ogude.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think it is almost certain that the midfield trio he will use against Cameroon will be Ndidi, Ogu and Mikel. They have the physicality to match Les Lions Indomitable.
And Danny Shittu and that other muscular Nigeria footballer his name escapes me that plays in the lower leagues in England. Did teams that played and beat Cameroon in previous World Cups try to match their physicality ? When Germany humiliated Cameroon 8-2 was it because they had weight lifters? I really question the intelligence of individuals who should know better but simply seem always come out with not very well thought out comments. At one time it was Ighalo is Nigeria number one striker until otherwise was proven. Now the call is for the inclusion of Ogu and Kayode.

Nigeria matched Senegal in midfield until they decided to take out Onazi with an elblow to his head knocking him out. The ogu that came on was giving the ball away and failed to see the open Man ( Musa ) on the wing several time resulting in Musa openly complaining. The only goal scored against us was as result of a mistake not by carving us open. The game against Cameroon is a long way and form can change and injuries may occur. Currently our best defensive midfielder is Ndidi but this may change. The focus should be on selecting the best team possible to defeat both South Africa and Cameroon bearing mind we will playing football not rugby or wrestling.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I believe Rohr will be looking at a physical team against Cameroon with Mikel, Ogu and Ndidi as its fulcrum
[2] He is almost certain to go for a physical targetman in either Success or Kayode
[3] He said he will look at a few more players as he is always on the lookout for young blood
[4] From what I saw yesterday, Ndidi is now going to be an automatic starter. Personally, I would pick him ahead of Onazi any day
[5] I expect to see Ebuehi against Burkina Faso. How he performs may determine if he becomes a regular starter of not
[6] Rohr said that on at least one instance, Mikel has played as a central defender in China. he added that Mikel can also play as an attacking midfieder
[7] Alex Iwobi was totally out-physicalled yesterday. I do not expect to even see him on the team sheet against Cameroon
[8] I think the only positions the coach is now uncertain of are the fullback slots
[9] We need to work on our finishing though. We wasted too many good chances yesterday
[10] After the Burkina Faso game, I will give you my thoughts ion the ideal line-up for the Cameroon match
Another BS................like I posted earlier, I just finished the 1st 30 mins('cos I have to re-watch a couple of scenes).
Iwobi got all his passes right and made the right runs................it's not his fault that our midfield can't setup fast attacks with precise passing.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:I've made it clear time and time again that Onazi's era (with due respect to his services) is nearing an end as its now Ndidi's era...younger, more talented, and one for the future. In that midfield, only Mikel remains in the class of the older generation that can still retain and command a key role (though it will be sudued every now and then since we have Etebo and Ogu)...right now I would suggest we play Mikel as our attacking outlet as Alex needs some time to grow into that role...our midfield core seems to have shaped up already...Ndidi, Ogu, Etebo, Mikel, and Onazi in that order.
Dumbo :mrgreen: .............Have you taken time to watch the match?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
Onazi was our best player(by a very long mile) till he was 'forced' off the pitch.
I don't know where you pull off your daft analysis from?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
Lolly wrote:
But a good number of CEs watched him live. He was really poor.
You just proved that you NEVER watched the match.
Poor should only be ascribed to our Keeper and both CDs(especially Balogun in the 1st 30mins)

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thank God we now all have the chance to watch the match ourselves. kai!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

zee wrote:
mystic wrote:Thanks Ayo for your report. Great job!
Folks like you encourage irresponsible and PIMPING hacks.......masquerading as reporters.

Like him or not, he took time out to give us the first detailed report of the match on a day when we were essentially blacked out by the botched broadcast.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Any updates on Onazi's injury ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Any updates on Onazi's injury ?
Channels TV report that he's back in training...
He reportedly fully trained with the squad on Saturday morning.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Gotti wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Any updates on Onazi's injury ?
Channels TV report that he's back in training...
He reportedly fully trained with the squad on Saturday morning.
Excellent. Thank you Sir.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates