What Rohr said at the post-match conference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
What Rohr said at the post-match conference

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Ogenyi Onazi's injury looks serious but they will have a scan today
[2] Daniel Akpeyi only arrived in the morning and should be given credit for going straight into the team and performing well
[3] This is Trroone Ebuehi's first outing with the team and it would have been too much to put him straight in but he is likely to play against Burkina Faso
[4] Chidozie Awaziem is injured so could not play
[5] he picked Senegal because they are a very physical team like Cameroon
[6] John Ogu was brought on after Onazi went off because of his size and physicality
[7] He decided to start with almost the same line-up that played against Algeria because the team had not played together for four months
[8] About half of the boys who started were not seeing action in their clubs so he wanted to use this to get them some playing time and make them fit
[9] He was impressed with Olarenwaju Kayode who is fast and strong
[10] He plans to make the team physically stronger in the run-up to the Cameroon game as the dynamics of the World Cup group have changed following Cameroon's Nations Cup victory
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: What Rohr said at the post-match conference

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Akpeyi is always protected by excuses, he came into the team unexpected, he featured in the qualifers last minute, he only became a GK in the spur of the moment, he only realized he was meant to keep a clean sheet in the 70th minute, he only found his contact lenses a few hours ago and missed training, he is only just refreshed because he was swimming in Ogogoro all night.

Abeg I don't give a rats arse what he was only just doing and where he only just came from...is he good or not?

He is not! #3 GK at best! at best!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I think it is almost certain that the midfield trio he will use against Cameroon will be Ndidi, Ogu and Mikel. They have the physicality to match Les Lions Indomitable.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:Akpeyi is always protected by excuses, he came into the team unexpected, he featured in the qualifers last minute, he only became a GK in the spur of the moment, he only realized he was meant to keep a clean sheet in the 70th minute, he only found his contact lenses a few hours ago and missed training, he is only just refreshed because he was swimming in Ogogoro all night.

Abeg I don't give a rats arse what he was only just doing and where he only just came from...is he good or not?

Akpeyi had a brilliant game. He was superb, saving our bacon on at least three occasions.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

More photos coming your way. make my colleague wey take the official photographs edit them and post them to me:

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Can you please not show the stands :taunt:
Meanwhile Akpeyi really tried......Senegalese were physical, Anthony Joshua wont look out o place in their team
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Thanks Ay.....Nobody question Rohr on the absence of Fred Friday? and why no stand in replacement was drafted in for VM?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:Akpeyi is always protected by excuses, he came into the team unexpected, he featured in the qualifers last minute, he only became a GK in the spur of the moment, he only realized he was meant to keep a clean sheet in the 70th minute, he only found his contact lenses a few hours ago and missed training, he is only just refreshed because he was swimming in Ogogoro all night.

Akpeyi had a brilliant game. He was superb, saving our bacon on at least three occasions.
B/S! On what three occasions? He fumbles as much as he saves! He is not consistent, cannot organize his lines and makes too many schoolboy errors. Coming from where were were in the past 20 years, this is a massive massive massive massive downgrade!

This would be like Queen Elizabeth driving a rust bucket beetle. One save does not make a Buffon, but many fumbles does make a Buffoon.

Even Ikeme is a step down from where we have been, but Ikeme is alright. Akpeyi abeg that is taking things too far, he is good for training sessions at best. We need better.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Prince wrote:Can you please not show the stands :taunt:
Meanwhile Akpeyi really tried......Senegalese were physical, Anthony Joshua wont look out o place in their team
Tried is not going to get us where we need to be. Is he good enough or not? We don't need footballers that try, but footballers worth their salt.

Our #2 needs to be near equal to our mainstay. Cannot be someone who tries considering the circumstances. Excuses will not placate us if we fall to Cameroon or Algeria going forward. The SE is not a charity, we must be cutthroat about what we need.

In the past, Ejide was what I would call a #2, lately we have been fielding all manner of Agbims and Akpeyis. Let us hope that the likes of Alampasu and Daniels progress fast enough. Akpeyi is not it.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Guys can we donate a Get well soon appreciation something to Onazi from CE.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I believe Rohr will be looking at a physical team against Cameroon with Mikel, Ogu and Ndidi as its fulcrum
[2] He is almost certain to go for a physical targetman in either Success or Kayode
[3] He said he will look at a few more players as he is always on the lookout for young blood
[4] From what I saw yesterday, Ndidi is now going to be an automatic starter. Personally, I would pick him ahead of Onazi any day
[5] I expect to see Ebuehi against Burkina Faso. How he performs may determine if he becomes a regular starter of not
[6] Rohr said that on at least one instance, Mikel has played as a central defender in China. he added that Mikel can also play as an attacking midfieder
[7] Alex Iwobi was totally out-physicalled yesterday. I do not expect to even see him on the team sheet against Cameroon
[8] I think the only positions the coach is now uncertain of are the fullback slots
[9] We need to work on our finishing though. We wasted too many good chances yesterday
[10] After the Burkina Faso game, I will give you my thoughts ion the ideal line-up for the Cameroon match
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Iwobi had the touch but the pace of the game and the physical nature blew him out, they were tossing him around like a rag doll :D , Ndid enjoyed the battle.

Manes touches were world class, the guy seem to have time to place some through balls
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Our search for a playmaker goes on. Iwobi cannot hack a physical game at all.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ndidi was immense, totally immense :thumbs:
Alex Iwobi is fast drifting out of the SE, if he carries on with these shambolic performances. He was out of his depth. For Ahmed Musa, I just dont know any more.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There is no way we can verify Iwobi performance. The game was not streamed or on TV.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I believe Rohr will be looking at a physical team against Cameroon with Mikel, Ogu and Ndidi as its fulcrum
[2] He is almost certain to go for a physical targetman in either Success or Kayode
[3] He said he will look at a few more players as he is always on the lookout for young blood
[4] From what I saw yesterday, Ndidi is now going to be an automatic starter. Personally, I would pick him ahead of Onazi any day
[5] I expect to see Ebuehi against Burkina Faso. How he performs may determine if he becomes a regular starter of not
[6] Rohr said that on at least one instance, Mikel has played as a central defender in China. he added that Mikel can also play as an attacking midfieder
[7] Alex Iwobi was totally out-physicalled yesterday. I do not expect to even see him on the team sheet against Cameroon
[8] I think the only positions the coach is now uncertain of are the fullback slots
[9] We need to work on our finishing though. We wasted too many good chances yesterday
[10] After the Burkina Faso game, I will give you my thoughts ion the ideal line-up for the Cameroon match
i think Rohr could go for Ndidi, Etebo and Mikel, with Ogu or Onazi replacing Mikel by the 70th. Having Ogu and Mikel together at the start would adversely slow the pace of the midfield. Hope Onazi gets better very soon. He is a very good player, and has done very well for Nigeria but it should be clear that Ndidi and Etebo are much better; Rohr will discover this soon if he has not already done so. In attack could then be Moses, Mikel and Iheanacho.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Sheikh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I believe Rohr will be looking at a physical team against Cameroon with Mikel, Ogu and Ndidi as its fulcrum
i think Rohr could go for Ndidi, Etebo and Mikel, with Ogu or Onazi replacing Mikel by the 70th. Having Ogu and Mikel together at the start would adversely slow the pace of the midfield. Hope Onazi gets better very soon. He is a very good player, and has done very well for Nigeria but it should be clear that Ndidi and Etebo are much better; Rohr will discover this soon if he has not already done so. In attack could then be Moses, Mikel and Iheanacho.
Sorry, meant to say Moses, Iheanacho and Success in attack.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Thanks Ayo for your report. Great job!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

By the way, Ayo;

With Rohr talking about using Senegal to approximate the physical nature of Cameroon, it's a pity that he did not see fit to invite Anderson Esiti. I think that Esiti would be an excellent addition to the squad.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote:There is no way we can verify Iwobi performance. The game was not streamed or on TV.
Who's 'we'?

Does that include the member of the technical crew whose job it is to actually 'verify' Iwobi's performance?

That apart, why are you implying that fans like you but who unlike you were inside the stadium are neither smart enough or well positioned to 'verify' Iwobi's performance and that not until you see him play could his performance be 'verified'?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sheikh wrote:
Trust me, after watching yesterday's game, it is about 90% certain that the trio of Ndidi, Ogu and Mikel will play against Cameroon. I take your point about pace but that would apply to other games, like say the one against South Africa in June.

Against Cameroon, it will be sheer physicality that determines how we fare. Yesterday, before Ogu came on, we could hardly get hold of the ball in midfield. Only Ndidi could match the Senegalese physically but when he and Ogu were ion there together, things changed.

Poor Onazi was bullied until they finally injured him. As per Iwobi, it was like asking a 10-year old to face fully grown men.