Rohr , should ensure Mikel is availble always

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Rohr , should ensure Mikel is availble always

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The way Senegal manhandle our midfield was embarrassing ooo, and how are we supposed to go against those plantains..Rorh needs to start finding strong tall midfielders ASAP, Ndidi and Mikel, plus Etebo are it for now.. then When Vicmo gets back, then i fit balance.. no too impressed with he midfield play vs Senegal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr , should ensure Mikel is availble always

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I'm starting to think that bigp is actually Mikel promoting himself.. Hey bro, I need a case of Amstel. I have a date with Genevieve Nanji tonite! I ma do her kante style till morning! :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I'm starting to think that bigp is actually Mikel promoting himself.. Hey bro, I need a case of Amstel. I have a date with Genevieve Nanji tonite! I ma do her kante style till morning! :thumbs:
The man is "in love" with Mikel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Having man crush way into your 40s is not good for your health!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I agree that JMO is still very much relevant to the SE. Last night, at the Hives, it was clear to see that the edge presented by the senegalese was physical. Kele who was supposed to be the arrowhead of our strike force most times dropped deep rather than press on the Senegalese back four and the tall, languid keeper who looked more like an ajegunle keeper. Iwobi who was supposed to be the playmaker could not simply hold the ball long enough to be creative with it. The best we got out of him were short passes, and a lot of them went to the opposition. When Rohr removed him, Iwobi was booed.

If Ndidi (MoM by a mile) and Onazi (till he was injured) were the ball winners in the midfield, JMO will remain as the cool and calm head that can thread the ball through. When Etebo came in, he fought to win the ball and made meaningful passes. But for now, JMO is still the master.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Having man crush way into your 40s is not good for your health!
[/video]
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Goldleaf wrote:I agree that JMO is still very much relevant to the SE. Last night, at the Hives, it was clear to see that the edge presented by the senegalese was physical. Kele who was supposed to be the arrowhead of our strike force most times dropped deep rather than press on the Senegalese back four and the tall, languid keeper who looked more like an ajegunle keeper. Iwobi who was supposed to be the playmaker could not simply hold the ball long enough to be creative with it. The best we got out of him were short passes, and a lot of them went to the opposition. When Rohr removed him, Iwobi was booed.

If Ndidi (MoM by a mile) and Onazi (till he was injured) were the ball winners in the midfield, JMO will remain as the cool and calm head that can thread the ball through. When Etebo came in, he fought to win the ball and made meaningful passes. But for now, JMO is still the master.
IDEYE....IDEYE ...IDEYE :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Goldleaf wrote:I agree that JMO is still very much relevant to the SE. Last night, at the Hives, it was clear to see that the edge presented by the senegalese was physical. Kele who was supposed to be the arrowhead of our strike force most times dropped deep rather than press on the Senegalese back four and the tall, languid keeper who looked more like an ajegunle keeper. Iwobi who was supposed to be the playmaker could not simply hold the ball long enough to be creative with it. The best we got out of him were short passes, and a lot of them went to the opposition. When Rohr removed him, Iwobi was booed.

Mikel has no equal in the SE..FACT not feelings
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I'm starting to think that bigp is actually Mikel promoting himself.. Hey bro, I need a case of Amstel. I have a date with Genevieve Nanji tonite! I ma do her kante style till morning! :thumbs:
The man is "in love" with Mikel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/video]

watch football and leave sick thoughts alone
SuperEagles

Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Onazi is a tough soldier but Ndidi na the man of the season right now...Ndidi, Etebo, Ogu, and Mikel are our key midfield soldiers right now.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

No Mikel no SE
SuperEagles

Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Mikel brings calm and poise to any midfield he plays in. This was needed yesterday as there were many cases of hurried decision making that caused loss in ball possession. It's like the physical presence of the Senegalese made the players somewhat jittery although I did see some controlled possession midway in the first half.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robotnik wrote:Mikel brings calm and poise to any midfield he plays in. This was needed yesterday as there were many cases of hurried decision making that caused loss in ball possession. It's like the physical presence of the Senegalese made the players somewhat jittery although I did see some controlled possession midway in the first half.
Agreed but at times he may not be available and if that happens during an important qualifier or tournament we better be ready after all no one is getting younger!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Mikel brings calm and poise to any midfield he plays in. This was needed yesterday as there were many cases of hurried decision making that caused loss in ball possession. It's like the physical presence of the Senegalese made the players somewhat jittery although I did see some controlled possession midway in the first half.
Agreed but at times he may not be available and if that happens during an important qualifier or tournament we better be ready after all no one is getting younger!
when has Mikel ever missed a very important WC qualifier for the SE? even vs Mozambique , while sick bobo still played in Maputo.. stop making up lies
SuperEagles

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

During the few occasions we strung a lot of passes together, we easily transitioned beyond the senegalese midfield to create opportunities which were squandered, especially in the first half. JMO would have made a world of difference because he does not panic even when he is crowded, choosing only to do what he wants to do. Mikel is a master.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
when has Mikel ever missed a very important WC qualifier for the SE? even vs Mozambique , while sick bobo still played in Maputo.. stop making up lies
Ok,it seems as if you're under the illusion that Mikel will be forever present!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Buhari should make him ambassador to China :)
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
I am only concerned about today..I do not lose sleep about tomorrow.. so if Mikel is available today..he plays ..full final stop
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

A shame that Uche Agbo could not make it for the Senegal match. He has had a good season in Spain with Granada. He is very cool and calm in possession and I hope he makes the game against Burkina Faso.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
:biggrin: Iam only concerned about today..I do not lose sleep about tomorrow.. so if Mikel is available today..he plays ..full final stop
You are a true Nigerian never worry about long term right even though the World Cup or even the next round of qualifiers are not today!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

BP Mikel don dey old oo! probably has a year or 2 of international duty left in him...so the earlier you begin to search for another player to crush on..the better for you :D
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Thanks for your analysis. Very helpful for people like me that did not watch the game. From what you saw, looks like confidence is key. Ndidi's confidence is high right now with what he is doing with Leicester. Iwobi and Kelechi are not having the best of times at the moment at their clubs which probably led to their performance on the day. I also heard Musa was horrible. Same as Iwobi and Kelechi. He hardly plays and his confidence is low. I hope all these guys turn their club form around before the summer.
yes o
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Having man crush way into your 40s is not good for your health!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Too bad indeed!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.