BURKINA FOR DINNER...memory lane

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
BURKINA FOR DINNER...memory lane

Post by deanotito »

Maybe I'm the only one that remembers the headline of Weekend Concord on the day of the Nigeria-Burkina 1998 World Cup Qualifier. Anyway, seemed like an appropriate time to revive this near-20 yr old headline, given the upcoming game.

I loved the Weekend Concord - if only for their headlines. No other paper has filled that headline-grabbing void. They were thoughtful....not like the "Ekeji spits fire" type of headlines many Nigerian newspapers seemed to be stuck on. People always seem to be spitting fire in Nigeria

Adisa-ster : On General Abdulkareem Adisa

and the list goes on...
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BURKINA FOR DINNER...memory lane

Post by furiously frank »

That was the game and injured Amokachi bullied the Burkinabe to the goal that Troussier could not believe
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria have a wonderful history with Burkina Fasco with an 8-1 victory whilst wearing cut tracky buttoms and an African title after a 1-0 win in 2013 to add to the fact that they are yet to beat Nigeriain all their encounters,I know they always want to prove themselves every time we clash like a younger sibling who feels ignored!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

furiously frank wrote:That was the game and injured Amokachi bullied the Burkinabe to the goal that Troussier could not believe
Actually, I think that was the Guinea game
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Nigeria have a wonderful history with Burkina Fasco with an 8-1 victory whilst wearing cut tracky buttoms and an African title after a 1-0 win in 2013 to add to the fact that they are yet to beat Nigeriain all their encounters,I know they always want to prove themselves every time we clash like a younger sibling who feels ignored!
7 - 1 you mean
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

nemi2002 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Nigeria have a wonderful history with Burkina Fasco with an 8-1 victory whilst wearing cut tracky buttoms and an African title after a 1-0 win in 2013 to add to the fact that they are yet to beat Nigeriain all their encounters,I know they always want to prove themselves every time we clash like a younger sibling who feels ignored!
7 - 1 you mean
Ok,I was too young to remember and Nigerian football wasn't shown in the U.K. back then So you've got to give it me for even trying to know!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI