Okocha is in Ogolo's country ....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okocha is in Ogolo's country ....

Post by Kabalega »

The Eagle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Ogolo wrote:
Kabalega wrote:I hope he gets to see a lion or two as they killed them in Naija and the captured ones are are dying of starvation.
You must be talking about the bush meat scandal that gave us the recent Ebola crisis (and Africa a black eye?) Be careful rafiki. They will ban you :sneaky:
1. You people are not funny.
2. Ebola is not something to turn into a "joke".
3. Considering Uganda has suffered multiple outbreaks of ebola, I am surprised Kabalega was not offended by this "joke".

I believe Nigerians call this "taking someone's Panadol for them." :)

As for Ebola, actually, as someone who grew up seeing Ebola outbreaks, up close, I cannot wrap my mind on how W. Africans screwed up royally. I know all the factors lined up properly for a perfect storm, but even then, we are still baffled by how things got so bad in W. Africa.
Nothing to do with Panadol. Thousands of people died in a particularly terrible way. It is not something to joke about.

And you need to add a measure of sophistication to your thinking and your public comments. The death toll in Nigeria from one ebola outbreak was smaller than the death toll in each of Uganda's multiple outbreaks. The discrepancy in the numbers of dead, and the number of outbreaks, is not due to Nigeria having a perfect system (we don't) or to Uganda "screwing up royally".
But this is not football-related .... and perhaps I am wasting my time trying to explain why ebola is not something to joke about.
Let me get this straight. A Kenyan, Ogolo, yabs W. Africans and somehow you get a Ugandan involved?
Why?

Ogolo yabs me all the time, even in this very thread but I don't see you or other W. Africans coming to my aid, however, you expect me to stand up for the more than capable CE community?

Thus taking Panadol for your headache....? ( I hope I got the meaning, right).

Anyway, you do not just get me involved in matters that don't concern me, but you try to impose your values on me too.
I'm an African and a proud bush man, so your idea of sophistication is lost on me..... Ohsee disagrees, :) but that is another matter altogether.

Bottom line is, I don't do tea and trumpets! In matters of life and death, I tell it like it is...
At least, you know where I'm coming, from instead of being sophisticated and lying to your face.

I know you want empathy, but think about it. How can you get that from a person who grew up seeing Ebola outbreaks that fizzled out mainly due to local vigilance? Infections like Ebola or Marburg are actually kind to us because they often kill quickly and limit infections. Callus? You should see what happens to the survivors! They have a very hard time. So maybe you should focus on them instead of the deaths.

I know more dangerous infections that you or the west have no name for, but at least the locals know how to prevent, deal with and treat. If foreigners get exposed, then all bets are off! Again, in comparison, Ebola is actually forgiving.

Just look at HIV which is a different beast!

Anyway, please look up Paul Bloom's good work on empathy and educate yourself.

Otherwise, keep me out of the Kenyan's yabs of W. Africans.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The Eagle wrote:More from the Okocha interview.

Fast forward to 1:45 to hear Okocha express surprise at the warm welcome in Kenya. He said he expected to find enemies who had not forgiven him for the number of times Nigeria had beaten Kenya. :)

[/video]
:clap: :clap: :clap: I wish Abacha during his time force Jay Jay to pregnant like 50 girls,we might have had like 5 of his true talent that can play like him.
The legend :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Ogolo wrote:The first goal was too agricultural!
I respect your opinion on the quality of goals. Please tell me which of the following goals was or was not agricultural, so I can make the appropriate adjustments to the record:

August 3, 1981: Nigeria 3 – 1 Kenya (Friendly)
April 7, 1985: Nigeria 3 – 0 Kenya (1986 World Cup Qualifier)
April 20, 1985: Kenya 1 – 3 Nigeria (1986 World Cup Qualifier)
March 14, 1988: Nigeria 3 – 0 Kenya (Africa Cup of Nations)
January 14, 1992: Nigeria 2 – 1 Kenya (Africa Cup of Nations)
January 12, 1997: Kenya 1 – 1 Nigeria (1998 World Cup Qualifier)
June 7, 1997: Nigeria 3 – 0 Kenya (1998 World Cup Qualifier)
May 4, 2002: Nigeria 3 – 0 Kenya (Friendly)
May 1, 2007: Kenya 0 – 1 Nigeria (Friendly)
June 7, 2009: Nigeria 3 – 0 Kenya (2010 Africa Cup/World Cup Qualifier)
November 14, 2009: Kenya 2 – 3 Nigeria (2010 Africa Cup/World Cup Qualifier)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

OMG, eagle, are you new to this site? Ogolo is really getting under your skin.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ogolo wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Ogolo wrote:Sometimes I wonder if this is the same JJ who got exposed by Denmark... Africa has not forgotten..
Nor have we forgotten how Nigeria managed to qualify for the 1998 World Cup in the first place .... that was Okocha with the assist on the 2nd goal.

[/video]
The first goal was too agricultural!
Define Agricultural.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

kolinzo wrote:
Ogolo wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Ogolo wrote:Sometimes I wonder if this is the same JJ who got exposed by Denmark... Africa has not forgotten..
Nor have we forgotten how Nigeria managed to qualify for the 1998 World Cup in the first place .... that was Okocha with the assist on the 2nd goal.

[/video]
Define Agricultural.

Check out Kenya goals against Nigeria

-[/video]

Those two goals are not "agricultural".. if you know what I mean.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ogolo wrote:
Kabalega wrote:I hope he gets to see a lion or two as they killed them in Naija and the captured ones are are dying of starvation.
You must be talking about the bush meat scandal that gave us the recent Ebola crisis (and Africa a black eye?) Be careful rafiki. They will ban you :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ogolo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Ogolo wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

[/video]
Define Agricultural.

Check out Kenya goals against Nigeria

-[/video]

Those two goals are not "agricultural".. if you know what I mean.
You mean the game played on the agricultural field in Kenya?

***Breda = Br****
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Don't mind Ogolo jare :tic: .... What do you expect when we keep taking their fine babes :thumb: ..... You could see the glint :shyluv: in the hostesses eyes and how she kept fluffing her lines :blushing: everytime she looked at Jay jay.... Mata even started calling him 'Jay', like say she sabi a before :thumbs: ...Ogolo pele
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:

Fast forward to 1:45 to hear Okocha express surprise at the warm welcome in Kenya. He said he expected to find enemies who had not forgiven him for the number of times Nigeria had beaten Kenya. :)

[/video]
:clap: :clap: :clap: I wish Abacha during his time force Jay Jay to pregnant like 50 girls,we might have had like 5 of his true talent that can play like him.
You can tell she was gagging for it :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:

[/video]
Practically flirting with him :shyluv: ....Her asking him when next he is town wasn't in the scripts she was reading :winking:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Terms like..[JJ] 'I will convert you'...lets see how that will work [Host]..'I promised a bit of action'[host]...'I like your honesty'[host]..[JJ] 'I have never had the opportunity of meeting Kenyans'...'What do you think of us' [host]...'Before you can teach me a thing or two here' [host].... The whole conversation was full of innuendos :shyluv: :shyluv:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Mr Shows wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:

[/video]
Practically flirting with him :shyluv: ....Her asking him when next he is town wasn't in the scripts she was reading :winking:
You can see it all over her face. I've seen that look a few times. The same look on Bayern Munich's face every time they see arsenal yansh :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Paj your head no dey house.. :taunt:
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

The Eagle wrote:... to teach them football, to play golf on the Challenger Tour, and to grant interviews to Kenyan journalists who rarely get the chance to talk to real stars of football. He talks proudly about Iwobi, and diplomatically about Wanyama.

PS: Bros 1naija, Cellular and Ogbunigwe .... the lady asked him whether he wants to manage the Eagles. He responded "Not Yet."" Just making sure you don't miss that part. :)

[/video]
After watching this video, I feel Kenya has disrespected Okocha. They are belittling his status by calling him a Nigerian legend. He is not just that. He is the greatest #10 Africa has ever seen. He is an African legend!

On a lighter note, I like the studio setup and the camera movement. Naija should pay attention to this.

***Breda = Br****
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I was just dong my job.

Very subtle, but Okocha finished Kenya with that statement.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT