Republic v Wales: Coleman Injury

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Republic v Wales: Coleman Injury

Post by pajimoh »

Please anyone watched this game? Apparently there was a terrible tackle by Taylor on Coleman that resulted in a horrific injury?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39388290
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Republic v Wales: Coleman Injury

Post by oloye »

I watched the game , it was a bad tackle and Coleman did not help himself by not pulling out. The Irish spent the first half kicking daylights out of the Welsh, the Welsh came out in thr second half determined not to roll over, legs started flying. The first danger of the night jad Bale flying in to get a cross , Oshea was damn lucky there was no contact, it would have been a clean break. Bale got a well earned yellow...roll the game forward 10 minutes a tackes, blockages and the ball rolled back into play, Coleman who had been on fire all night went in full force to clear the ball, the Welsh goat slid in studs all up at shin level, there was only one outcome. I was watching with my boys as soon as Cole went down,i told them the leg was broken...the rest is history. It was a dangerous tackle, but the intention was so obvious i still think Coleman could have pulled back.

But in the epl they are told not to,even if it was a kamikazee situation. I feel for Coleman, it was a double break...he will be back hopefully and i hope he wlll be back fully fit.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oloye wrote:I watched the game , it was a bad tackle and Coleman did not help himself by not pulling out. The Irish spent the first half kicking daylights out of the Welsh, the Welsh came out in thr second half determined not to roll over, legs started flying. The first danger of the night jad Bale flying in to get a cross , Oshea was damn lucky there was no contact, it would have been a clean break. Bale got a well earned yellow...roll the game forward 10 minutes a tackes, blockages and the ball rolled back into play, Coleman who had been on fire all night went in full force to clear the ball, the Welsh goat slid in studs all up at shin level, there was only one outcome. I was watching with my boys as soon as Cole went down,i told them the leg was broken...the rest is history. It was a dangerous tackle, but the intention was so obvious i still think Coleman could have pulled back.

But in the epl they are told not to,even if it was a kamikazee situation. I feel for Coleman, it was a double break...he will be back hopefully and i hope he wlll be back fully fit.

That there is the culture of the "English" game...and this match truly exemplified it.

Technically bad players, when allowed the "tools" to express their inadequacies, essentially become "armed and dangerous".
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Nah ref cause this one ...
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gareth Bale should have gotten a 2nd yellow card for a high tackle and sent off.
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:
oloye wrote:I watched the game , it was a bad tackle and Coleman did not help himself by not pulling out. The Irish spent the first half kicking daylights out of the Welsh, the Welsh came out in thr second half determined not to roll over, legs started flying. The first danger of the night jad Bale flying in to get a cross , Oshea was damn lucky there was no contact, it would have been a clean break. Bale got a well earned yellow...roll the game forward 10 minutes a tackes, blockages and the ball rolled back into play, Coleman who had been on fire all night went in full force to clear the ball, the Welsh goat slid in studs all up at shin level, there was only one outcome. I was watching with my boys as soon as Cole went down,i told them the leg was broken...the rest is history. It was a dangerous tackle, but the intention was so obvious i still think Coleman could have pulled back.

That there is the culture of the "English" game...and this match truly exemplified it.

Technically bad players, when allowed the "tools" to express their inadequacies, essentially become "armed and dangerous".
Very true...i see these guys fly into tackles that makes someone like me recoil in horror. Some of the tackles they go in for and the ferrorcity are uncalled for...so yes you called it right..armed and dangerous they are.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dr oloye, why have you become so soft in your [older] years

no be you i dey read for here say you never dey miss ball (and man)?

#mansgame.

where's coach?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coleman, proud Irishman, patriot. Pull out from the challenge? Had Our Boys pulled out in '45, it would be bratwurst sausages, groin grabbing green shorts, white shirts and braces all round. Pull out? Nonsense, pull in, all the way in. Coleman went in for Ireland and immortalised his name in doing so. Well in.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:Coleman, proud Irishman, patriot. Pull out from the challenge? Had Our Boys pulled out in '45, it would be bratwurst sausages, groin grabbing green shorts, white shirts and braces all round. Pull out? Nonsense, pull in, all the way in. Coleman went in for Ireland and immortalised his name in doing so. Well in.
:lol: :lol: There is pulling in and there is dumbly pulling in....same way as there is wisely pulling out and cowardly pulling out.... :D

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:Coleman, proud Irishman, patriot. Pull out from the challenge? Had Our Boys pulled out in '45, it would be bratwurst sausages, groin grabbing green shorts, white shirts and braces all round. Pull out? Nonsense, pull in, all the way in. Coleman went in for Ireland and immortalised his name in doing so. Well in.
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Oloye, O'Shea required stitches after that Bale tackle so there WAS contact.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

And, deep down, you know this is one of those occasions – “a good old British game”, to use the jarring words of Chris Coleman – when a certain level of aggression is considered OK, mandatory even, and the people demanding it usually just assume everybody will be able to walk off at the end. “Heavy-metal football,” the Irish Times called it: all thrash, not enough melody. The kind of game, in other words, when players do cross the line, behaviour-wise, and the risk of getting hurt is higher than usual – often wrapped up in the guise of “passion”.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... land-wales
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
:lol: :lol: There is pulling in and there is dumbly pulling in....same way as there is wisely pulling out and cowardly pulling out.... :D
NA WOW O! are we talking football here?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The YeyeMan wrote:
And, deep down, you know this is one of those occasions – “a good old British game”, to use the jarring words of Chris Coleman – when a certain level of aggression is considered OK, mandatory even, and the people demanding it usually just assume everybody will be able to walk off at the end. “Heavy-metal football,” the Irish Times called it: all thrash, not enough melody. The kind of game, in other words, when players do cross the line, behaviour-wise, and the risk of getting hurt is higher than usual – often wrapped up in the guise of “passion”.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... land-wales
:clap: :clap: :clap: Leave it all on the pitch lads. Not a single pair of shorts unstained. Blood, check. Mud, check. #ForKing&Country
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:
:lol:
:rotf: :rotf:

+Jesus sandals and white socks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Football.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Rugby*
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Grooming them nicely for EPL football.
Niceee...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:Grooming them nicely for EPL football.
Niceee...
They will be ready for the cold wintry nights :lol:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:Football.

this game get referee at all? It's like Man U vs Arsenal during the Viera vs Keane years. Kai...thuggery.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Those were the days.
@Tf, they started in the tunnel back then. #goldenera. These days the pansies are shaking hands and high fiving. "I'll see you out there" Roy Keane to General Patrick Toussaints Vieira. One word. Men.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

wrt the video, absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. Good purposeful challenges, a little bit of afters in the middle of the park, both sides showing that it matters. Rather than whimpering about a couple of tackles, discourse should be more conplimentary of those who went in. Number 6 yellow, prompt arrival, got his hands in, no less than expected. Good on him.