MORE ON SE CAMP in London

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
MORE ON SE CAMP in London

Post by Enugu II »

These are from John Ogu's twitter handle. The guy has provided lots of access to DEEP CAMP. Follow his handle if you are not already doing so.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MORE ON SE CAMP in London

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The foreign based are just watching them not knowing the words. Btw, there should be camp rules about religious chants and songs, there at least 2 muslims on that team. What are they supposed to do?
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:These are from John Ogu's twitter handle. The guy has provided lots of access to DEEP CAMP. Follow his handle if you are not already doing so.
Very punishing excercise looks good on the eye but the toil on the person shooting is punishing. As you come closer to the last ball...your legs become lighter and lighter...by the time you hit the last ball,it feels as if your thighs can no longer carry you. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The foreign based are just watching them not knowing the words. Btw, there should be camp rules about religious chants and songs, there at least 2 muslims on that team. What are they supposed to do?
How that one concern you? Majority carries the day. If majority was Muslim what would they have being singing?
Leave they will deal with it.
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The foreign based are just watching them not knowing the words. Btw, there should be camp rules about religious chants and songs, there at least 2 muslims on that team. What are they supposed to do?

They are supposed to give their lives to Jesus Christ, for He is coming soon......and that's including you Kongi!!! :thumbs:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

osita wrote:
How that one concern you? Majority carries the day. If majority was Muslim what would they have being singing?
Leave they will deal with it.
This is how we get ourselves in trouble when thinking is ignored, or selfish ideas are propagated.
So the majority religion on the SE team should impose it's belief on the team? Is this not a recipe
for disaster? And to think some of those thinking this is a great idea are the same folks bringing up
secularism when others appear to be imposing their beliefs on the nation.
I truly believe that religion and prayers should be an individual private affair on anything national,
unless we the citizens prefer to keep deceiving ourselves.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The problem with the religiously intolerant Nigerians is that they think everybody must change their behaviour for them.

You cannot live life in a bubble. Muslims must accept that fact. You can eat Halal, you can do as you please in your own personal time and with your own personal resources, but when you are in shared space..you MUST accept that there are others with divergent beliefs.

Otherwise perhaps you are not fit to exist in a multicultural public space.

Muslims are not special individuals, we do not need to change anything to cater for them. An individual should be mature and intelligent enough to know how to listen to ideas and beliefs that he or she does not necessarily agree with. Any individual incapable of that is a very limited and primitive individual.

I always tell a story about my time in Ibadan. I was a kid in Ibadan, I lived among Christians and Muslims...these were the type of religious people with brains. So many religious people on both sides are morons. But fortunately the ones I lived with had brains. They understood that the world does not revolve around their beliefs. I had Alhajis on the right side, Christians on the left. Mosques and Churches neck and neck. There was this Muslim family, they had kids Riliwan and Taofeek. I would innocently bring my bible and preach to them, the kids would laugh and laugh. I remember when they would fast for Ramadan, I would accompany them but I wouldn't go out of my way not to eat in front of them.

We had Christmas in full blast, killed goats, loud music...they had their festivities in full blast, they killed their Rams. Everybody goes about their business. I take great issue with Muslims who think that the world belongs to them. These are fundamentalist morons and we must not bend to ANY of their demands.

I was going to make my concluding point a little more enthralling, but halfway through writing I was just so pissed off that I will leave it as it is.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:The problem with the religiously intolerant Nigerians is that they think everybody must change their behaviour for them.

You cannot live life in a bubble. Muslims must accept that fact. You can eat Halal, you can do as you please in your own personal time and with your own personal resources, but when you are in shared space..you MUST accept that there are others with divergent beliefs.

Otherwise perhaps you are not fit to exist in a multicultural public space.

Muslims are not special individuals, we do not need to change anything to cater for them. An individual should be mature and intelligent enough to know how to listen to ideas and beliefs that he or she does not necessarily agree with. Any individual incapable of that is a very limited and primitive individual.

I always tell a story about my time in Ibadan. I was a kid in Ibadan, I lived among Christians and Muslims...these were the type of religious people with brains. So many religious people on both sides are morons. But fortunately the ones I lived with had brains. They understood that the world does not revolve around their beliefs. I had Alhajis on the right side, Christians on the left. Mosques and Churches neck and neck. There was this Muslim family, they had kids Riliwan and Taofeek. I would innocently bring my bible and preach to them, the kids would laugh and laugh. I remember when they would fast for Ramadan, I would accompany them but I wouldn't go out of my way not to eat in front of them.

We had Christmas in full blast, killed goats, loud music...they had their festivities in full blast, they killed their Rams. Everybody goes about their business. I take great issue with Muslims who think that the world belongs to them. These are fundamentalist morons and we must not bend to ANY of their demands.

I was going to make my concluding point a little more enthralling, but halfway through writing I was just so pissed off that I will leave it as it is.
Tbite,

The same issues above also apply to Christians. There are intolerant Christians as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics