Chelsea Aina Considers Representing Nigeria, meets Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oglex30
Egg
Egg
Chelsea Aina Considers Representing Nigeria, meets Rohr

Post by oglex30 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Chelsea wonderkid Ola Aina is seriously considering playing for the Nigerian national team ahead of his country of birth, England, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.

The London Borough of Southwark-born player visited the Super Eagles Crowne Plaza Hotel camp on Thursday evening and held high-level talks with manager Gernot Rohr over the possibility of representing Nigeria.

At this stage, Aina has not given Rohr a definite answer but his dad, who accompanied him, has assured the coach his son’s international future lies with the Super Eagles and not the Three Lions.

The 20-year-old right fullback has represented England at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 level, but has not been called up to England youth teams in the last one year or so.

Arsenal attacking midfielder Alex Iwobi and Chelsea star Victor Moses represented the Young Lions before switching their allegiance to Nigeria, and Aina might follow suit soon.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22473
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Chelsea Aina Considers Representing Nigeria, meets Rohr

Post by Mr Shows »

... Wake me up when he takes a picture in the GWG...Dude is a time waster
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

asabatex wrote::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
For the first time this report stated he is "Southwark born" as opposed to the usual "Nigerian born Brit" which is confusing!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

His dad is smart. The boy simply isn't good enough for England and his SE window of opportunity could be slammed shut in about 6 months.Rohr is also starting to benefit from some of the scouting work he put in earlier.

ROHR would have called Nura Abdulahi, one of the finest RB prospects in the world, but for the insistence of Roma's coach that he be allowed more time to gain his fitness back. Both are about the same age but Nura is considered blue chip talent while Aina has been demoted back to the youth team at Chelsea after getting a couple games from Conte.

When Nura regains full fitness Aina is no competition for him, Nura will own that RB spot 15mins into his first SE game.

I more exited about Aina as competition for Echiejele than I am at the RB spot. He has and can play the LB spot well, he uses both feet very well.Goodluck to him!

Gotta root for the kid tho. Here he is with the dad.
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:His dad is smart. The boy simply isn't good enough for England and his SE window of opportunity could be slammed shut in about 6 months.Rohr is also starting to benefit from some of the scouting work he put in earlier.

ROHR would have called Nura Abdulahi, one of the finest RB prospects in the world, but for the insistence of Roma's coach that he be allowed more time to gain his fitness back. Both are about the same age but Nura is considered blue chip talent while Aina has been demoted back to the youth team at Chelsea after getting a couple games from Conte.

When Nura regains full fitness Aina is no competition for him, Nura will own that RB spot 15mins into his first SE game.

I more exited about Aina as competition for Echiejele than I am at the RB spot. He has and can play the LB spot well, he uses both feet very well.Goodluck to him!

KPOM!
[/video]
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:His dad is smart. The boy simply isn't good enough for England and his SE window of opportunity could be slammed shut in about 6 months.Rohr is also starting to benefit from some of the scouting work he put in earlier.

[/video]
KPOM!
I am happy
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Aina's dad actually coached John Terry back in the day.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I feel sorry for you people.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I wont believe it until he wears the green white green. This was how Aogo and Owoyelwa whatever the f his name is were leading Nigeria on until they suddenly started playing for Germany.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:I wont believe it until he wears the green white green. This was how Aogo and Owoyelwa whatever the f his name is were leading Nigeria on until they suddenly started playing for Germany.
Plus the report is from allnigeriasoccer.con
Salt, anyone?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

[/video]
You're worse than those who run our football. You see everything from England's perspective. If England don't want them then it means they are not good enough so they are not good enough for Nigeria.
Please stop that mentality. England prefer white boy, first and foremost. They are also overwhelmed by number of Nigerians coming through. They are ok to have a few in the junior teams but the senior must maintain a semblance of the British identity.
England is not also the definitive authority in talent spotting. They do get it wrong.
Lastly, not good enough for England doesn't mean not good enough for Nigeria. Our need might be different from England's.
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It's not as simple as not good enough for England, not good enough for Nigeria.

If that were the case they wouldn't be bitter about Victor Moses, Iwobi etc.

A player can be more than good enough for England, BUT at a particular point in time they may have a lot of options in that position OR they may be unwilling to take a risk on that player.

How good a player is, is not a given! Tammy Abraham can look promising now and in 3 years he might be stagnant and useless. You might say that Aina is overrated now, but in 3 years he might be a gem.

England do not have a crystal ball to see into the future. The best that they can do is take an educated guess. And they can be wrong in their estimation.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote:It's not as simple as not good enough for England, not good enough for Nigeria.

If that were the case they wouldn't be bitter about Victor Moses, Iwobi etc.

A player can be more than good enough for England, BUT at a particular point in time they may have a lot of options in that position OR they may be unwilling to take a risk on that player.

How good a player is, is not a given! Tammy Abraham can look promising now and in 3 years he might be stagnant and useless. You might say that Aina is overrated now, but in 3 years he might be a gem.

England do not have a crystal ball to see into the future. The best that they can do is take an educated guess. And they can be wrong in their estimation.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:I wont believe it until he wears the green white green. This was how Aogo and Owoyelwa whatever the f his name is were leading Nigeria on until they suddenly started playing for Germany.
Plus the report is from allnigeriasoccer.con
Salt, anyone?
Because it's a story we want to hear we have ignored the fact it's from ANS.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Aina has been called up and is in camp.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ro ... er-eagles/
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He hasn't been playing for Chelski tho
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

oglex30 wrote:Aina has been called up and is in camp.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ro ... er-eagles/

The writer got second hand news that he (Aina) and his dad met with Rohr and decided to garnish the story and add Maggi to make the story taste juicy.. :blush:

Like I said, wake me up when he actually puts on the GWG...nonsense :boo:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

He is a very talented player from what I have seen of him. Great get for us if he finally chooses to wear the Green White and Green. Very good idea to have him train with the squad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Aina called up for what ?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Aina called up for what ?

Called up to train with the team.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Mr Shows wrote:... Wake me up when he takes a picture in the GWG...Dude is a time waster
Mr Shows, the picture in the attached thread might interest you...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279248
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Obong wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:... Wake me up when he takes a picture in the GWG...Dude is a time waster
Mr Shows, the picture in the attached thread might interest you...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279248
This doesn't confirm the dude's commitment. He is just dipping his toe in the water and keeping his options open. If the originally scheduled B.Faso game was still on I'm pretty sure the guy would have remained in the stands...