Rohr's Decision on Musa and Captainship....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr's Decision on Musa and Captainship....

Post by Schillachi »

It's the coach's prerogative to decide who he wants to make the team captain. Period!
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Schillachi wrote:It's the coach's prerogative to decide who he wants to make the team captain. Period!

I agree. However, I also agree with the opponents who say that the manner in which the change is made is important. Whether or not the ex-captain remains part of the team, you want to do it with dignity, as other players have eyes and ears and can perceive how their colleague is treated.

My only confusion here is that we are told Musa was humiliated. However, the information provided here has not told us how he was humiliated.

Let me also say that we have to recognize that there is a huge difference between:

1. Musa was humiliated; AND

2. Musa felt humiliated.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
Schillachi wrote:It's the coach's prerogative to decide who he wants to make the team captain. Period!

I agree. However, I also agree with the opponents who say that the manner in which the change is made is important. Whether or not the ex-captain remains part of the team, you want to do it with dignity, as other players have eyes and ears and can perceive how their colleague is treated.

My only confusion here is that we are told Musa was humiliated. However, the information provided here has not told us how he was humiliated.

Let me also say that we have to recognize that there is a huge difference between:

2. Musa felt humiliated.
The difference in what you state (highlighted) is quite perfunctory. Humiliation is an emotion and the only person who determines its presence is the receiver and, thus, if Musa feels humiliated then he was. That is all that needs to be established.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

No one has disputed this. It isn't the issue at all. Rather, the issue is on the application of such a prerogative as it pertains to effective management of people.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EII, nna, please stop peddling this non-story.

Thank you.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:EII, nna, please stop peddling this non-story.

Thank you.
I am not the source of the story. Read the story to find the source but it is certainly of interest to many Nigerians on CE, Twitter, and elsewhere as already demonstrated.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:EII, nna, please stop peddling this non-story.

Thank you.
I am not the source of the story. Read the story to find the source but it is certainly of interest to many Nigerians on CE, Twitter, and elsewhere as already demonstrated.
EII, nna, if Nigeria was playing Burkina Faso this topic would be on Page 3. You're fuelling this story nna, biko please. Let am go. 8-)
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

2. Musa felt humiliated.
The difference in what you state (highlighted) is quite perfunctory. Humiliation is an emotion and the only person who determines its presence is the receiver and, thus, if Musa feels humiliated then he was. That is all that needs to be established.
You have a point, but not entirely accurate, since many people have different sensitivities. For instance rohit could have called Musa aside and explained to him that he doesn't see him as captain. Rohr could have take every precaution in the book, and even treated Musa like a lovely king. However, even with all that, if Musa is a very sensitive person, he could still feel that just the exchange of captaincy at all, even one done with the greatest and highest level of dignity, is still humiliation. Don't forget that no one likes to be demoted, no matter how dignified the demotion was done.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

The YeyeMan wrote:Much ado about nothing. Not sure why Colin is getting excited over this. Musa would be a poor choice of captain IMO. His skills lie elsewhere.
Smart
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

oloye wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Much ado about nothing. Not sure why Colin is getting excited over this. Musa would be a poor choice of captain IMO. His skills lie elsewhere.
Sometimes you guys have a oenchant for delibrately trying to reduce the important aspect of a message to nothing just because the person at the receiving end does not fall into certain criteria. The issue here is should Musa ,(i dont care what anyone thinks of his ability), the captain of the national, a player who makes no fuss about service, one who serves his country selflessly and dilligently, does he deserve to be humiliated.

If he raises a storm , people will call him names, je chooses to suffer in silence and his plight is picked up by another, we are being told it is much about nothing.

Sometimes cannot help bit wonder why we see things this way. A popular musician sang..Oun ti o da ko da( what is bad is bad). Is it right for him to be treated the way he was treated...that is the main issue.

The coach can always change his captain, no one was born with it, but it is never right to humiliate anyone, especially when such serves the nation dilligently as Musa.

He may not be a Finidi or Okocha, bit he has served the nation, scored crucial goals for nation. He did not make himself the captain nor did he become one through the side door, he was called to duty at a time no one was willing....thr simple matter Colins raised is...Musa does not deserve to be shabilly treated.

Now whether he deserves further invitation, whether he is headless chicken or not is immaterial.
I totally agree. He has always been fully committed to the SE. He should have been treated better.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:I wonder why Obong Itatex and 1Naija havent shown up to weep and wail on this thread! When it was their towns man who was at the receiving end, they were doing "jaskelebe!" But now its a northern native, so wetin concern them. When I said these two, especially Obong, only show up to push south south agenda, una think sey I dey joke. smh..
They have no obligation to show up. There is nothing wrong with a player being your favourite because he is from the same place as you. Some of my favourite SE players grew up in Aba like me.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

aruako1 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Sometimes you guys have a oenchant for delibrately trying to reduce the important aspect of a message to nothing just because the person at the receiving end does not fall into certain criteria. The issue here is should Musa ,(i dont care what anyone thinks of his ability), the captain of the national, a player who makes no fuss about service, one who serves his country selflessly and dilligently, does he deserve to be humiliated.

If he raises a storm , people will call him names, je chooses to suffer in silence and his plight is picked up by another, we are being told it is much about nothing.

Sometimes cannot help bit wonder why we see things this way. A popular musician sang..Oun ti o da ko da( what is bad is bad). Is it right for him to be treated the way he was treated...that is the main issue.

The coach can always change his captain, no one was born with it, but it is never right to humiliate anyone, especially when such serves the nation dilligently as Musa.

He may not be a Finidi or Okocha, bit he has served the nation, scored crucial goals for nation. He did not make himself the captain nor did he become one through the side door, he was called to duty at a time no one was willing....thr simple matter Colins raised is...Musa does not deserve to be shabilly treated.

Now whether he deserves further invitation, whether he is headless chicken or not is immaterial.
I totally agree. He has always been fully committed to the SE. He should have been treated better.
I don't think he was treated badly tbh.
yes o
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

They could have handled it better.

But Onazi is a natural leader... a good choice.

Just hope Rohr realizes the precedent he has set... Because I won't want to see a Mikel or any carpenter be given preferential treatment.

And for those who say how do you handle it better... just don't start him in the same game you are taking the captainship from him. That's a start...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

danfo driver wrote:

2. Musa felt humiliated.
In Nigeria you cannot stop on that two alone
3. Those who are humiliated on Musas behalf, taking Panadol for another mans headache
4. Those who feel Musa should be humiliated for whatever reason
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:And for those who say how do you handle it better... just don't start him in the same game you are taking the captainship from him. That's a start...
Let me just make sure I am getting this right...
Musa would feel much better if he was stripped of the captaincy - and benched?!

Why stop there then...
Why not drop him from the SE squad entirely?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:They could have handled it better.

But Onazi is a natural leader... a good choice.

Just hope Rohr realizes the precedent he has set... Because I won't want to see a Mikel or any carpenter be given preferential treatment.

And for those who say how do you handle it better... just don't start him in the same game you are taking the captainship from him. That's a start...
But we don't know it was handled poorly. It's KoC's that is saying it was handled poorly and that Musa was humiliated. Musa never said so, that's not to say he probably didn't feel so. Nobody claimed to feel humiliated when he (Musa) was selected as Captain.

Every coach has picked or attempted to pick his captain so it's within Rohr's right to do so. And there was no was he would have changed captain without someone feeling slighted. Even Keshi (RIP) tried it with the great Yobo until the entire Nigeria revolted and he had to beg him back. The result was Yobo delivering an ANC title to Nigerians.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

oloye wrote:

Sometimes, I find it difficult to understand some of us here in this forum. It sometime sound as if some of us just want to contribute like a caller who called into a radio programme asking the presenter again what is the topic under discussion again? I am with KoC and Oloye here.... We all know Musa, is another version of Garba Lawal, very dedicated and hardworking. He is not like a certain Oliseh who run away from crucial assignment or an Okocha who chooses what game to play or not..... He is a kind of Kano who can fly in today and not mind his health or complain of jet lag but can still seat at he side line ever ready to be played even if he came during 1st half. This is a very dedicated young man who always answer the call of his country. He never contested for this captain band or campaign for it. He was given because he doesn't want the issue of who will take it to be over flogged. Like Isaac, he humbly carried the sticks of sacrifice not questioning his father what ram will be used for the sacrifice. This is bad and the coach should be told to his face, it can cause some disharmony in the team and lead to division among the players.

A coach have the right to choose and change his captain but must do it honorably not like a military dictator. There is nothing wrong using Musa in that friendly as a captain and calling him to a private meeting thereafter to tell him about his future decision on selecting another person to take over from him if Mikel is not available. Meanwhile, democratically, is like asking the Speaker or a member of the upper chamber to act for the president who is away on leave while the Vice President is alive very healthy. I think the whole country will raise dust. Let us call a spade a spade and be bold enough to speak the truth at all time. Rohr did not do well at all.... he is consider a father, and he must behave like a good father who must not deliberately set fire in his own house. Let him privately apologise to Musa.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Vindave wrote:
oloye wrote:

Sometimes, I find it difficult to understand some of us here in this forum. It sometime sound as if some of us just want to contribute like a caller who called into a radio programme asking the presenter again what is the topic under discussion again? I am with KoC and Oloye here.... We all know Musa, is another version of Garba Lawal, very dedicated and hardworking. He is not like a certain Oliseh who run away from crucial assignment or an Okocha who chooses what game to play or not..... He is a kind of Kano who can fly in today and not mind his health or complain of jet lag but can still seat at he side line ever ready to be played even if he came during 1st half. This is a very dedicated young man who always answer the call of his country. He never contested for this captain band or campaign for it. He was given because he doesn't want the issue of who will take it to be over flogged. Like Isaac, he humbly carried the sticks of sacrifice not questioning his father what ram will be used for the sacrifice. This is bad and the coach should be told to his face, it can cause some disharmony in the team and lead to division among the players.

A coach have the right to choose and change his captain but must do it honorably not like a military dictator. There is nothing wrong using Musa in that friendly as a captain and calling him to a private meeting thereafter to tell him about his future decision on selecting another person to take over from him if Mikel is not available. Meanwhile, democratically, is like asking the Speaker or a member of the upper chamber to act for the president who is away on leave while the Vice President is alive very healthy. I think the whole country will raise dust. Let us call a spade a spade and be bold enough to speak the truth at all time. Rohr did not do well at all.... he is consider a father, and he must behave like a good father who must not deliberately set fire in his own house. Let him privately apologise to Musa.

Some people call the radio station and start talking off point and get hung up on. Is the topic Musa's dedication or work ethics?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Cellular wrote:And for those who say how do you handle it better... just don't start him in the same game you are taking the captainship from him. That's a start...

Why stop there then...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Why stop there then...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol:

Why not rescind his passport? Cellular!
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I'm not sure about who has more caps or seniority between Onazi and Musa? Or who is the more senior player? If Musa is more senior than Onazi, then I understand the feeling of humiliation. But if not, sorry I don't get it especially in light of what was reported by KOC. The obvious sticking point (apart from my question above) is we don't know what discussions if any that where shared between Rohr and Musa.

Besides the point, indirectly, this might help Musa find his feet. This young man was on fire before Oliseh saddled him with a captaincy arm band that clearly was too heavy for him to wear. Ever since the, his career has steadily been going downhill for club and country. Leadership is not for everyone and if you ask me, he doesn't need the distraction at this point of his career. Some folks are born leaders and ready to be a skipper at 19 or 20; many when they are 28 pushing 30 while some never develop leadership skills even at 40. Its OK. You must not be a skipper to be instrumental to your team's success. If you're the quiet type, you can lead quietly in your own way without being a captain but a captain is a public role. You cannot be a quiet chap and be a captain. You need to be able to ginger your boys. You have to understand how to command the respect of referees without getting yourself flipped out of the game. Can you stand in front of the media and face the heat? Etc. Etc. Haters aside, Musa before being given the arm band was one of our best players. Period. But the young man was never a captain material. Maybe he will get there. Maybe not. So the sooner he gets back to his football the better it will be for him and our SEs. He really needs to let it go and concentrate on his career. And by the way, I'm not blaming Coach Rohr either because none of us including KOC, with all due respect, is privy to what actually went down. Cheers ya'll.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Vindave wrote:
oloye wrote:

I think your comment that I highlighted i very very poor. In your haste to disrespect Oliseh, you forgot how he ran onto the pitch with MALARIA to help Nigeria qualify for the next round in the 2000 AFCON. Sadly, the truth does not fit your agenda. big big shame on you. When you have represented Nigeria with malaria, you can open your mouth and disrespect oliseh.
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

I think Echiejiele is the most senior in the national team.
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy