Nigeria vs Senegal The Video of full match!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Senegal The Video of full match!!!

Post by Tbite »

Iheanacho should have had a hattrick.

Had 4 great chances to score...took one of them via Pen.

I think the whole situation at City has messed up his game. There is no way that the Iheanacho of old would have scored just 1 goal. Those 4 chances were clear cut. He needs more game time at club level, it is beginning to affect him.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

And this is why i love CE.You have to take 90% of what you read on this site with a grain of salt. You have analysis based off of facebook live video, analysis from live match and analysis after a full video and yet divergent opinions abound. SOme people dey watch match and have no clue what they are watching :rotf: :rotf:

This was a great test to play a team that presses very high. We tried to spring the counter a couple of times, but the execution on the final ball was lacking. Poor crossing all around but im happy to see we actually seemed to have a game plan and Decent game for us, we were def not out played in the first half and had pretty good chances to score. Nacho had a poor game by his standards. Iwobi was not as bad as advertised, he delivered 2 balls to Nacho in he first half that Iheanacho really should have converted. He had a spell in the second half where he had a series of misplaced passes but put us in a couple of positions to get goals.
Last edited by metalalloy on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:And this is why i love CE.You have to take 90% of what you read on this site with a grain of salt. You have analysis based off of facebook live video, analysis from live match and analysis after a full video and yet divergent opinions abound. SOme people dey watch match and have no clue what they are watching :rotf: :rotf:
you dey mind them.. i stilldey wonder how dem watch ball..SE held their own with team G
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Robotnik wrote:After watching this again. First time watching in full: Nigeria was lucky to get the draw.

When Senegal upped the tempo Nigeria really struggled in the early stages of the second half and got their goal. The domination continued until we made subs. This was the most worrying part of the game.

Something with the team was off on the night. Ball movement was missing in the final third. So many misplaced passes. Iheanacho should have scored his chance in the first half.

With Mikel, Moses and Ikeme back we should be good.
I am convinced you didn't watch the match. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Cito wrote:
Robotnik wrote:After watching this again. First time watching in full: Nigeria was lucky to get the draw.

When Senegal upped the tempo Nigeria really struggled in the early stages of the second half and got their goal. The domination continued until we made subs. This was the most worrying part of the game.

Something with the team was off on the night. Ball movement was missing in the final third. So many misplaced passes. Iheanacho should have scored his chance in the first half.

Ha! I seems you may have watched the first half and switched off..lol
How did we score our goal. The Senegalese missed the ball in the center of the pitch and Kayode pounced on the mistake releasing Iheanacho to go against the Goalie. Senegal hit the post in the first minute of the game. They could have been 2-0 up minutes after their goal as a result of sloppy defending. During the first 15 mins and for much of the second half we were at their mercy. There was a late surge on our part after we were buoyed by the equalizer. Yes Iheancho had chances to put Nigeria ahead, but on the balance of play I think Senegal nicked it.
Surely Nigeria with our full squad can beat this team.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robotnik wrote:
Cito wrote:

How did we score our goal. The Senegalese missed the ball in the center of the pitch and Kayode pounced on the mistake releasing Iheanacho to go against the Goalie. Senegal hit the post in the first minute of the game. They could have been 2-0 up minutes after their goal as a result of sloppy defending. During the first 15 mins and for much of the second half we were at their mercy. There was a late surge on our part after we were buoyed by the equalizer. Yes Iheancho had chances to put Nigeria ahead, but on the balance of play I think Senegal nicked it.
How did Senegal score their goal? Wasn't it from a botched punch from the goal keeper and a follow up shot that deflected in off our player? This was after ihanacho's initial clearance didn't go far.

We had several very good chances to win this game. Senegal was "lucky" our forwards misfired on several occasions, and they had the good fortune of facing Akpeyi the flapster. This team was not out played by Senegal by any means.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robotnik wrote:
Cito wrote:

You can't be serious! Isn't that how many goals are scored???? The opponent making an error?? Na wow o
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Thanks for the post trae_z.

Notes:

- Akpeyi had a really rough start (no command of his area) and was poor into the second half
- Ekong and Balogun had really rough starts too (both terrible from passing out of the back, and terrible at receiving passes, just outright awful)
- lack of control early on and really for a good portion of the game (the only dominant span by either side was Senegal in the first 20 mins or so of the 2nd half), too many misplaced passes and no fulcrum or creator (onazi wasnt it, maybe there was no movement ahead of him in the attack phase so maybe that excuses that side. Defensively he dawdled on the ball way too often). Lack of control.
- what exactly happened to Onazi with the injury?
- For all this talk about Musa. He was one of few SE players who could actually control the ball in the 1st half and keep things simple while trying 1/2's and other things. Underrated quality. One of few SE games I've seen him do this. (His crossing is still rubbish, that's never going to change. You either have it or you don't, too late in the day for him I'd say)
- Kelechi isn't sharp right now (understandably) but he still gets in good positions and was always trying to work. He may be better suited with a proper #9 alongside/in front of him.

Second half was definitely jumpy, the Eagles were a lot worse than they'd been in the 1st 45. The passing from Nigeria all game was terrible. Crossing was bad, passing from deep was lost. Really a shaky display from the Eagles, Senegal clearly more advanced in their work than Nigeria.
The thing with this Nigerian team is this: This team really could be SCARY good. They played with little cohesion, dawdled on the ball, played like strangers, they made many defensive errors, they didn't control the game, YET they still carved several good chances for Kelechi and showed enough flashes to suggest that if it all comes together, some teams around the world are going to be in serious trouble.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

platinum wrote:Thanks for the post trae_z.

Notes:

- Akpeyi had a really rough start (no command of his area) and was poor into the second half
- Ekong and Balogun had really rough starts too (both terrible from passing out of the back, and terrible at receiving passes, just outright awful)
- lack of control early on and really for a good portion of the game (the only dominant span by either side was Senegal in the first 20 mins or so of the 2nd half), too many misplaced passes and no fulcrum or creator (onazi wasnt it, maybe there was no movement ahead of him in the attack phase so maybe that excuses that side. Defensively he dawdled on the ball way too often). Lack of control.
- For all this talk about Musa. He was one of few SE players who could actually control the ball in the 1st half and keep things simple while trying 1/2's and other things. Underrated quality. One of few SE games I've seen him do this. (His crossing is still rubbish, that's never going to change. You either have it or you don't, too late in the day for him I'd say)
- Kelechi isn't sharp right now (understandably) but he still gets in good positions and was always trying to work. He may be better suited with a proper #9 alongside/in front of him.

Second half was definitely jumpy, the Eagles were a lot worse than they'd been in the 1st 45. The passing from Nigeria all game was terrible. Crossing was bad, passing from deep was lost. Really a shaky display from the Eagles, Senegal clearly more advanced in their work than Nigeria.
The thing with this Nigerian team is this: This team really could be SCARY good. They played with little cohesion, dawdled on the ball, played like strangers, they made many defensive errors, they didn't control the game, YET they still carved several good chances for Kelechi and showed enough flashes to suggest that if it all comes together, some teams around the world are going to be in serious trouble.
Absolute rubbish jagbajantis analysis. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Notes:

Absolute rubbish jagbajantis analysis. :boo:
They could be Ifa-scary good?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Notes:

I think he got kneed in the the back

I agree, his crossing on the other hand... oh dear

We were a bit more composed in the first half. Senegal was always going to be more composed than us considering they just played a major tournament a few weeks back and we had a few new faces in our squad. I think it was a pretty decent outing for the most part

:agree:

sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Interesting. I guess we all have different views/perspectives of the game.

I finally watched the full game - excellent quality video. Thank-you to whoever put it up.

I have to say that overall I did not see what so many were excited about. It is good to see that they got a 1-1 tie as the result is what counts at the end of the day. However, the SE only had small pockets of time where they played well. They also had a handful of beautiful through balls behind the defence. Otherwise in general, Senegal were the better team by far. Success and Kayode were good but on the basis of this game, the jury is out as to whether Success is better than Ideye or other big target men. As for Musa, I am not sure what folks are complaining about. He had some bad crosses but he tracked back well and chased people down. IMHO he played better than Simon Moses who was on the opposite side.

I agree with the comments on Akpeyi - did not inspire confidence. Not sure if that's because of the howling wind or just a bad game or regular performance :)
Tbite wrote:Ndidi bossed.

Balogun and Troost need better awareness

Simon good so far

Iwobi absent

Musa useless

Iheanacho was in a great position but dragged the ball with his left foot....for the love of God Iheanacho, please use your right foot for once. The position was begging for a right foot...not far from the goal just had to curl it in. Even as far as one footed players go, Iheanacho is seriously one footed. Even in training I have not seen him use his right foot. I am beginning to think that his right foot is a prosthetic.

Echiejile had a good game so far, could track back earlier...but recovers nonetheless
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

sarkin doya wrote:Interesting. I guess we all have different views/perspectives of the game.

I finally watched the full game - excellent quality video. Thank-you to whoever put it up.

I have to say that overall I did not see what so many were excited about. It is good to see that they got a 1-1 tie as the result is what counts at the end of the day. However, the SE only had small pockets of time where they played well. They also had a handful of beautiful through balls behind the defence. Otherwise in general, Senegal were the better team by far. Success and Kayode were good but on the basis of this game, the jury is out as to whether Success is better than Ideye or other big target men. As for Musa, I am not sure what folks are complaining about. He had some bad crosses but he tracked back well and chased people down. IMHO he played better than Simon Moses who was on the opposite side.

I agree with the comments on Akpeyi - did not inspire confidence. Not sure if that's because of the howling wind or just a bad game or regular performance :)

Simon good so far

Iwobi absent

Musa useless

Iheanacho was in a great position but dragged the ball with his left foot....for the love of God Iheanacho, please use your right foot for once. The position was begging for a right foot...not far from the goal just had to curl it in. Even as far as one footed players go, Iheanacho is seriously one footed. Even in training I have not seen him use his right foot. I am beginning to think that his right foot is a prosthetic.

Echiejile had a good game so far, could track back earlier...but recovers nonetheless
Of course Senegal have Gueye, Mane, Koulibaly and an array of top stars, we had mostly small boys and debutants and we still created better scoring opportunities than them, Ihenacho alone would have had at least an hattrick if he was more clinical.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

mystic wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Glad I actually got to watch the game myself because most of the so called analysis on CE has been absolute rubbish so far. Including those posted even after watching the video on the link provided.

Imho, this was a scrappy game where neither of the teams really showed too much in terms of team cohesion or overall ability to sustain any kind of possession. No SE player really stood out much except for Ndidi and ogu, both were good at breaking up plays.

Akpeyi was terrible for the most part but we already knew that going in. The defense got better as the game went on, I didn't see any instance in which Senegal broke down our defense. It was mostly mf or keeper errors that got them in trouble. Echiejele and omeruo were mostly solid but were caught out of position a couple times.

The mf was destabilized after Onazi was taken out by the Senegalese.It took ogu and Ndidi a while to get a hold of things, this left several passing lanes open for Senegal and put the defense under pressure for a while. Iwobi turned the ball over a lot but this was never going to be a neat game for him. It was the scrappy play not the physicality that affected him the most. Etebo came in and steadied the mf. I'm now starting to appreciate Etebo.

I still don't think nacho can play as a lone striker, he needs someone to play off of. Success was good but I don't see what kayode did to deserve the praise. Musa and Simon worked hard. Overall, it was a good effort by SE but it wasn't pretty. We forget that is the first friendly game together, They also haven't played together for 4 months. The rebuilding of SE is going according to plan.

Well done ROHR. :thumb:

After watching the game I have to say that yours' is the most rational and on point review of the game. I will only disagree with you on Kayode who played well coming off the bench and made a case for himself to be invited for the Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa.

....and that Kayode did right virtually everything Musa did wrong. How Musa was constantly muscled off ball after ball was irritating. If not for Kayode's interception and pass, where was the goal going to come from
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chimex101 wrote:
sarkin doya wrote:Interesting. I guess we all have different views/perspectives of the game.

Simon good so far

Iwobi absent

Musa useless

Of course Senegal have Gueye, Mane, Koulibaly and an array of top stars, we had mostly small boys and debutants and we still created better scoring opportunities than them, Ihenacho alone would have had at least an hattrick if he was more clinical.

Ah ah who were our small boys? Only players missing were the China boys...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

maceo4 wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:

Simon good so far

Iwobi absent

Musa useless

Ah ah who were our small boys? Only players missing were the China boys...
Player for player Senegal have the type of players you will expect to thrash Nigeria...whom do we have? Only veteran players we had was Echejilie and Musa who are at best average players anyway...80% of the Senegalese players play in top leagues/clubs all over Europe, my reference to small boys was pretty much based on the disparity of pedigree between both teams...only Ihenacho, Iwobo, and Ndidi were our elite players in the absence of Mikel.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Robotnik wrote:
Cito wrote:

You are right. Nigeria also needs to organize themselves better, without the ball and this has always been their problem in the past. I have seen a lot of improvement in that department, but they can do better. Ndidi is formidable, Success is a handful and if you add Mikel and Victor Moses to the mix, the team will be insurmountable. The scary thing about the team is that 85% of them are very cerebral.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why the low turnout?

Are they afraid of immigration?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Watching the game now. Good friendly, exposed areas that need to be worked on. We desperately need a right back and a backup Goalkeeper. 15 minutes into the match, that is clear.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iwobi is having a good game so far. I don't understand the comments on the game thread.

I think our best lineup against Cameroon is

Ikeme
Aina, Ekong, Balogun, Echiejiele

Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi

Iheanacho, Ideye, V Moses

Key substitute Success for Ideye Brown.

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Thank you
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Akpeyi should be dropped. The goal was his fault. Flapping all game wow. We need a capable backup goalkeeper. Is Alampasu ready?

Why not give Emanuel Daniel another call up?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ndidi and Balogun best players on the pitch.