Nigeria vs Senegal The Video of full match!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Senegal The Video of full match!!!

Post by ohenhen1 »

The ref head no dey house. That should be a red card to the Senegalese goalkeeper. FIFA rules are clear. He has no other choice but to give a red card.

Senegal team is a tease, great offensive talent, but they lack the spine or mental toughness to be a good team that can win trophies in Africa.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Barnett stadium looks like a nice place to hold a game. Close to the action.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

We played pretty good once we got Musa, Iwobi and Simon out. Iwobi especially was horrendous in this game. Simon was not so bad, but Success was an upgrade

Keeper...I understand better why Rohr tried to convince Enyeama out of retirement. If Ikeme gets injured in a major tournament, na God we go beg.

Like I've been tweeting at watford, I will tweet at Nigeria. Success has no business starting on the bench. The boy is legit. If we start a game with Success on the left and Victor Moses on the right (or vice versa), we will scare the pants off any team. He's the most technically gifted of all our wing choices (including Moses). Wasting our minutes with people that cannot control a ball without using a 50 sq foot area (Moooose, you hear me?) is ridiculous.

I watched the first 70 minutes thinking truly that Mikel was indispensable. However, when we got Musa out of the game, I realized that it wasn't so much that Mikel was indispensable as it was that we didn't have quality up front to take advantage of decent (but not great) midfield play.

Anyway, back to another matter, what the heck happened to Iwobi? That performance ranks as one of the worst I've seen any attacking player produce in the green jersey.

Nigeria came ready to play but lacked the quality to execute. Senegal seemed like they were not interested and simply fed off Nigeria's mistakes - which were PLENTY- for about 60 minutes. With a first half lineup that looked more like the ending lineup, Nigeria would have taken advantage of senegal's lethargy and easily won. We still however have a fullback problem
Last edited by deanotito on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Iwobi is having a good game so far. I don't understand the comments on the game thread.

I think our best lineup against Cameroon is

Ikeme
Aina, Ekong, Balogun, Echiejiele

Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi

Iheanacho, Ideye, V Moses

Key substitute Success for Ideye Brown.
Success over Ideye anyday(lets even hope Ideye gets called up) only Mikel is the key player among the China based players right now...I'll like Ebuehi to be groomed into that RB role cause Echejilie doesn't cut it anymore.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ideye Brown has experience and brings intangibles to the team you don't get from Issac Success.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

deanotito wrote:We played pretty good once we got Musa, Iwobi and Simon out. Iwobi especially was horrendous in this game. Simon was not so bad, but Success was an upgrade

Keeper...I understand better why Rohr tried to convince Enyeama out of retirement. If Ikeme gets injured in a major tournament, na God we go beg.

Like I've been tweeting at watford, I will tweet at Nigeria. Success has no business starting on the bench. The boy is legit. If we start a game with Success on the left and Victor Moses on the right (or vice versa), we will scare the pants off any team. He's the most technically gifted of all our wing choices (including Moses). Wasting our minutes with people that cannot control a ball without using a 50 sq foot area (Moooose, you hear me?) is ridiculous.

I watched the first 70 minutes thinking truly that Mikel was indispensable. However, when we got Musa out of the game, I realized that it wasn't so much that Mikel was indispensable as it was that we didn't have quality up front to take advantage of decent (but not great) midfield play.

Anyway, back to another matter, what the heck happened to Iwobi? That performance ranks as one of the worst I've seen any attacking player produce in the green jersey.

Nigeria came ready to play but lacked the quality to execute. Senegal seemed like they were not interested and simply fed off Nigeria's mistakes - which were PLENTY- for about 60 minutes. With a first half lineup that looked more like the ending lineup, Nigeria would have taken advantage of senegal's lethargy and easily won. We still however have a fullback problem
You do know it is a friendly with only one or two days of training right. Iwobi was not the only one misplacing passes. He didn't play great, but wasn't horrendous. Every one has a bad game. He wasn't the only one misplacing passes.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Only on cybereagles do you see people making substitutions in a match that will be played several months away! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So, if Ideye is having an amazing game and has scored 1 goal and Nigeria still wants to score more, the coach shoudl say "oya, Ideye, time done reach. its the 60th minute and it has been decided months ago that success will come in for you." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

kai!! football fans. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:Only on cybereagles do you see people making substitutions in a match that will be played several months away! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So, if Ideye is having an amazing game and has scored 1 goal and Nigeria still wants to score more, the coach shoudl say "oya, Ideye, time done reach. its the 60th minute and it has been decided months ago that success will come in for you." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

kai!! football fans. :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:We played pretty good once we got Musa, Iwobi and Simon out. Iwobi especially was horrendous in this game. Simon was not so bad, but Success was an upgrade

You do know it is a friendly with only one or two days of training right. Iwobi was not the only one misplacing passes. He didn't play great, but wasn't horrendous. Every one has a bad game. He wasn't the only one misplacing passes.

Oh please....You think its today we started watching friendlies, or are you trying to say in all friendlies, all players play like Iwobi did??? Iwobi had a horrendous game....I could wake up from my bed and have a similar game, and if that's the standard of international friendlies, then we shouldn't be playing them. I can't seem to recall a single positive thing Iwobi did...First half impact was negligible, 2nd half, he was what we used to call "short 1".

Iwobi's performance was especially (badly) noteworthy because he was supposed to be the playmaker. His primary assignment was to make good forward passes. And on that front, he oscillated between non-existent and bad.

I've been a big Iwobi fan since the first time I saw him play for arsenal, but this season, he's off....way off.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Oh please....You think its today we started watching friendlies, or are you trying to say in all friendlies, all players play like Iwobi did??? Iwobi had a horrendous game....I could wake up from my bed and have a similar game, and if that's the standard of international friendlies, then we shouldn't be playing them. I can't seem to recall a single positive thing Iwobi did...First half impact was negligible, 2nd half, he was what we used to call "short 1".

Iwobi's performance was especially (badly) noteworthy because he was supposed to be the playmaker. His primary assignment was to make good forward passes. And on that front, he oscillated between non-existent and bad.

I've been a big Iwobi fan since the first time I saw him play for arsenal, but this season, he's off....way off.
He had a horrible 5-10 minute stretch right before he was subbed where he lost the ball repeatedly, apart from that, he wasn't that much worse than anyone else on the team with regards to misplaced passes. he also had one turnover in the middle that led to a dangerous counter but so did Omeruo in the opening minute of the game. In fact, he had two passes to iheanacho which on a decent day should have been assists.

Again, his performance, while not of his best is not as horrible as some people on in this thread make it out to be.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

He had a horrible 5-10 minute stretch right before he was subbed where he lost the ball repeatedly, apart from that, he wasn't that much worse than anyone else on the team with regards to misplaced passes. he also had one turnover in the middle that led to a dangerous counter but so did Omeruo in the opening minute of the game. In fact, he had two passes to iheanacho which on a decent day should have been assists.

Again, his performance, while not of his best is not as horrible as some people on in this thread make it out to be.
I beg to differ. Iwobi was either absent or horrible. And again, we shouldn't be comparing him to Omeruo. Iwobi's primary job as playmaker was to make good forward passes. Omeruo's primary job was to defend. No player should be making errant passes, but its quite alarming (and horrendous) when your playmaker makes several of them. If Iheanacho came back to the midfield and started making bad passes, we all would say he should go back to his natural position and wait for service. What do we tell the playmaker?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Guess we should cut Iwobi some slack. His club form has dipped and he carried this into the Senegal game. First off, Senegal played a high pressing game and didn't allow our boys time on the ball. Iwobi's game is based on quick movement and passing and there wasn't much movement around him and the T.Lions were pretty physical breaking up a lot of our play.

He just needs to take a break and work his way back into form. For now I think Rohr will fancy Etebo in his position against Cameroon.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Mr Shows wrote:Guess we should cut Iwobi some slack. His club form has dipped and he carried this into the Senegal game. First off, Senegal played a high pressing game and didn't allow our boys time on the ball. Iwobi's game is based on quick movement and passing and there wasn't much movement around him and the T.Lions were pretty physical breaking up a lot of our play.

He just needs to take a break and work his way back into form. For now I think Rohr will fancy Etebo in his position against Cameroon.
I agree with this. I like Iwobi, and he has a lot of talent... but something has gone really wrong. I hope his coach and maybe his uncle can help him fix this. We need Iwobi to be good.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
I beg to differ. Iwobi was either absent or horrible. And again, we shouldn't be comparing him to Omeruo. Iwobi's primary job as playmaker was to make good forward passes. Omeruo's primary job was to defend. No player should be making errant passes, but its quite alarming (and horrendous) when your playmaker makes several of them. If Iheanacho came back to the midfield and started making bad passes, we all would say he should go back to his natural position and wait for service. What do we tell the playmaker?

A playmaker relies on others to be successful for the most part. I highlighted two potential assists above which Iheanacho failed to convert. If he scored those goals, Iwobi's performance wouldn't be judged as harshly. By no means am I arguing that he had a good game, but it is not as dire as has been repeated in this thread. I agree that he was sloppy, but the entire team as a whole was sloppy with several errant passes from the goal keeper to the forwards. I can't think of anyone who didn't have a misplaced pass in the game. Iwobi's was highlighted because he had a series of errant passes in a row which was pointed out several times by the commentator. I thought he was actually above average in the first half. He regressed in the second half and was subbed.

9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

A playmaker relies on others to be successful for the most part. I highlighted two potential assists above which Iheanacho failed to convert. If he scored those goals, Iwobi's performance wouldn't be judged as harshly. By no means am I arguing that he had a good game, but it is not as dire as has been repeated in this thread. I agree that he was sloppy, but the entire team as a whole was sloppy with several errant passes from the goal keeper to the forwards. I can't think of anyone who didn't have a misplaced pass in the game. Iwobi's was highlighted because he had a series of errant passes in a row which was pointed out several times by the commentator. I thought he was actually above average in the first half. He regressed in the second half and was subbed.

With players like Simon , Ahmed Musa and a misfiring kele, any am will look bad, iwobi imo is still very much needed in the first 11 because of his football brain
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

Success and Moses as our two wingers will trouble any defence in the world. Any defence.

Regarding iwobi , he needs intelligent players around him for him to shine. His best game for us was against Zambia, in a midfield comprising of Mikel and Kelechi. In this game he did not play with cerebral midfielders. Onazi Musa and Simon Moses aren't the most intelligent footballers in our squad. Kelechi was pushed up top. Iwobi will come good.

However, iwobi shouldn't start against Cameroon. Midfield should be Ndidi Mikel etebor
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

sholaJay wrote:Success and Moses as our two wingers will trouble any defence in the world. Any defence.

Regarding iwobi , he needs intelligent players around him for him to shine. His best game for us was against Zambia, in a midfield comprising of Mikel and Kelechi. In this game he did not play with cerebral midfielders. Onazi Musa and Simon Moses aren't the most intelligent footballers in our squad. Kelechi was pushed up top. Iwobi will come good.

However, iwobi shouldn't start against Cameroon. Midfield should be Ndidi Mikel etebor
Iwobi played with the same guys vs Algeria and didn't perform that well. Its not the players around him, its him, he has having a dip in form at the moment and he needs to shake it off...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
sholaJay wrote:Success and Moses as our two wingers will trouble any defence in the world. Any defence.

Iwobi played with the same guys vs Algeria and didn't perform that well. Its not the players around him, its him, he has having a dip in form at the moment and he needs to shake it off...
Shut your mouth, Maceo! Shut up!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did Nigeria really gain anything from this game? I think it was a waste of time. Whatever we gained from this game we could gained by playing an NPFL gra gra team like Rangers. I don't support playing African teams outside of Africa.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

1naija wrote:Did Nigeria really gain anything from this game? I think it was a waste of time. Whatever we gained from this game we could gained by playing an NPFL gra gra team like Rangers. I don't support playing African teams outside of Africa.
We played a physical and pressing African side in very cold weather. We may not have executed as we would have liked, but we were tested.

Cameroon is the type of team, that it won't come down to just technical ability and tactics, you will need to be able to hang with them. Onazi, Iwobi, Balogun and the others that may have been in cruise control will now have a taste.

We have shown that we can create chances under pressure and even with many changes made to the team. We have also reinforced that certain positions need to be tinkered.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tbite wrote:
1naija wrote:Did Nigeria really gain anything from this game? I think it was a waste of time. Whatever we gained from this game we could gained by playing an NPFL gra gra team like Rangers. I don't support playing African teams outside of Africa.
We played a physical and pressing African side in very cold weather. We may not have executed as we would have liked, but we were tested.

Cameroon is the type of team, that it won't come down to just technical ability and tactics, you will need to be able to hang with them. Onazi, Iwobi, Balogun and the others that may have been in cruise control will now have a taste.

We have shown that we can create chances under pressure and even with many changes made to the team. We have also reinforced that certain positions need to be tinkered.

So after watching this game you are now satifisfied that we will match up with Cameroons physical tactics? I don't think so. I think we will beat Cameroon not because we can outmussle them but because we have technically superior team. We could have asked Rangers to be physical with the players and they would have easily done so.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

BTW, were Guinea more physical than Cameroon in their frirndly? The times we've beaten Cameroon, we were more technical. And I can't remember any of their victory against us that was because they were more physical. Our players are professionals and should be able to adapt to any style of play by their opponents.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sometimes I read stuff on CE and I just resent this place. We cant have taxi drivers discussing football, honestly.

This one wants us to play enugu rangers because they can be physical with our players rather than Senegal 9ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS ON THE CONTINENT, who have top players playing to good teams? wow! Can you guys even believe that? Someone actually thinks that the sole reason to play a team is because you want to see how we react to a physical team? Do you even understand the importance of seeing how your players react to pressure (mental pressure)? Do you understand that Senegal is also quite a very good team with the ball and tactically they press high up the pitch...so you are also seeing how your players can react to those situations? smh :oops: