Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Post by Otitokoro »

Tunji Banjo was also part of transplantsh
Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:
Dammy wrote: This project started under Maigari's NFF when Siasia was SE coach. The likes of Iwobi, Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Sidney Sam, Thiago ilori etc were all involved and some of them were flown to Abuja to experience life in Nigeria. The project stalled under Keshi as he was not interested in it. Pinnick just revived it.
To be fair Keshi did bring in Leon Balogun and Troost Ekong. Also Victor Moses was a key part of his teams. Keshi also wooed Sidney Sam but that didn't work out. Of course there was Shola Ameobi, Bright Dike, Stephen Ukoh and Hope Akpan. Aluko was also capped under Keshi and he expressed an interest in Samuel Ameobi before he was fired.
Was going to point that out, but then DAMMY's personally-avowed intent is to 'destroy' Keshi (apparently even in death)... :rotf:

Keshi also did cap UK-born Hope Akpan, Swiss-born Steve Ukoh and the likes of Shola Amoebi (albeit on his last legs). Nonetheless, this phenomena has never been a "project" (except perhaps in the way that many Nigerians deem any fire-brigade haphazard undertaking as a "project"), as Nigeria has always considered (formally and informally, successfully and unsuccessfully) such players for the national - going back as far back as Ade Coker of West Ham in the 1970s - John and Justin Fashana, John Salako, Reuben Agboola, John Salako, John Chidozie, Emeka Nwajiobi, Efan Ekoku, d#$% and Kelvin Etuhu, etc. The ONLY significant difference these days is that we now have lots and lots more of such players to consider - not because of Pinnick but because of the immigration patterns of the last couple of decades, .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive – List Of Five More England Youth Internationals On The Verge Of Switching To Nigeria
March 28, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/28/ex ... o-nigeria/

Following the successful capture of Chuba Akpom, Ola Aina, Ebere Eze and Josh Maja, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has set it’s sight on snaring more players from the English youth set up eligible for Nigeria at senior level.

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that five Anglo Nigerian players have been approached by the NFF, with discussions set to be at an advanced stage.

Millwall’s highly rated midfielder Fred Onyedinma has given his words to officials of the NFF about his commitment to the Super Eagles and only missed training with the team due to Club engagement as he played in his team 0-1 loss to Swindon on Saturday.

On loan Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham was not involved in the training session as the Bristol City man is yet to reach full fitness after returning from an injury that kept him out for close to a month.

Everton’s Ademola Lookman is yet to decide on his international future, but a staff of the NFF revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com that Lookman will most likely switch to Nigeria after the European U-21 tournament later in the year.

Also on the NFF list is Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Dominic Iorfa Jnr who met with coach Gernot Rohr during his visit to see Carl Ikeme, and gave his words to the German coach of the Nigerian team that he will team up with Nigeria in the summer.

20 year old Charlton Athletic midfielder Joe Aribo who moved to the League one side from Staines Town in 2015 has also had contact with the NFF, and Owngoalnigeria.com can report that he has made himself available if called up by the handlers of the Nigerian team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Here is what Rohr stated in response to rumblings about the reservation of SE spots for foreign developed players:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

^^Read between the lines
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Rohr needs to watch Stephen Odey, he's the real deal.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very interesting and positive development. Perhaps the cancellation of that BF game has a silver lining? Now if they can get Tammy Abraham to join up with them in the future. Whoosh...
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:Here is what Rohr stated in response to rumblings about the reservation of SE spots for foreign developed players:
Just a weak response...

They can go ahead and build there foreign based national team.... Not again players of Nigerian heritage playing for SE, just tired of blatant discrimination against Nigeria based players for Bristol city and Charlton Athletic last time it was Peckham town (a club that a struggled to beat a church football full of amateurs) player called.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Here is what Rohr stated in response to rumblings about the reservation of SE spots for foreign developed players:
Just a weak response...

They can go ahead and build there foreign based national team.... Not again players of Nigerian heritage playing for SE, just tired of blatant discrimination against Nigeria based players for Bristol city and Charlton Athletic last time it was Peckham town (a club that a struggled to beat a church football full of amateurs) player called.
Mr Fabio, Rohr's goal is to qualify for the wc and make it as far as possible. Right now there is nobody playing in the Npfl that can help the team better than the talents he's working with right now.

No, Odey is not better than IDEYE, Musa or even Samuel Kalu. Hell naw!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

fabio wrote:
Just a weak response...

I bet you can't even list 3 of the top home based players in the Nigerian league good enough for the SE right now.. I dare you! so much for been an advocate for home based players smh
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

@Emir, i bet you haven't seen Odey play. He is not only the leading goal scorer in the ongoing NPFL, he his very young and can be a part of the building process for the long run.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

I'm all for getting our best legs, from wherever we can get them but i also think a player like Stephen Odey should be in the mix.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Priorities should be:

Abraham
Odubajo
Iorfa Jr
Adarabioyo
Aina
Lookman
Ejaria

Abraham, Odubajo, Adarabioyo, and Iorfa Jr play in positions where Nigeria lacks depth.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
On loan Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham was not involved in the training session as the Bristol City man is yet to reach full fitness after returning from an injury that kept him out for close to a month.
Yet he was fit enough to feature for the England youth team?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This would be a huge get for Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oyek wrote:Rohr needs to watch Stephen Odey, he's the real deal.
The guy plays for Mountain of Fire and Miracles ministries for Christ sake!. Where did you see him play so spectacularly that he should feature for Nigeria? Again , I watched several top of the NPFL teams play against each other while I was in Nigeria and even commented on a couple of the games here. None of them stood out as exceptional to the extend we should drop everything and call him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote:
The guy plays for Mountain of Fire and Miracles ministries for Christ sake!. Where did you see him play so spectacularly that he should feature for Nigeria? Again , I watched several top of the NPFL teams play against each other while I was in Nigeria and even commented on a couple of the games here. None of them stood out as exceptional to the extend we should drop everything and call him.
BUT are the ones we are 'drooling' over actually better? That to me is the issue.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tammy Abraham is the real prize and the hardest to get. England won't let him go easy given his path to the England senior team is much more likely than Ola Aina who is by the way a very talented player.

Anyway, kudos to the powers that be for the progress made so far.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why are you people vexing over who the manager picks or converts to play for the SE... first off, una u20 failed to qualify for the worldcup, talkloess of the homebase winning chan..let Rohr handle his team ...haba
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

We have CHAN tournament, to come. Folks should simmer down. What everyone wants, is a deep pool to pick from.
The person saying if English soccer sinks, our soccer does as well. What have we hinged it on that collapsed, to the extent we have missed two ANC' s.
Get a huge pool, there should be competition for every position. I have my favorites like Kele, and Etebo, but if an Odey, Osimen, or Tammy will give him heat bring them on. I'm all for it.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

okidoki wrote:We have CHAN tournament, to come. Folks should simmer down. What everyone wants, is a deep pool to pick from.
The person saying if English soccer sinks, our soccer does as well. What have we hinged it on that collapsed, to the extent we have missed two ANC' s.
Get a huge pool, there should be competition for every position. I have my favorites like Kele, and Etebo, but if an Odey, Osimen, or Tammy will give him heat bring them on. I'm all for it.
Well said.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
fabio wrote:
Just a weak response...

Mr Fabio, Rohr's goal is to qualify for the wc and make it as far as possible. Right now there is nobody playing in the Npfl that can help the team better than the talents he's working with right now.

i beg to disagree, there are better players in NPL than these average english players we are picking up through this lazy man pinnick. am just wondering if the last NFF chairman had not developed the NFF u9 u12, u15, what would have happed to talents like kelechi, Success who is better than iwobi?

And we pick rejects like chuba and their likes? When last did England will a youth cup?

The only talents that we picked and rightly so was victor moses,Balogun the others seem more average and we have these players in nigeria if the coaches work harder.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

osita wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
fabio wrote:
Just a weak response...

i beg to disagree, there are better players in NPL than these average english players we are picking up through this lazy man pinnick. am just wondering if the last NFF chairman had not developed the NFF u9 u12, u15, what would have happed to talents like kelechi, Success who is better than iwobi?

And we pick rejects like chuba and their likes? When last did England will a youth cup?

The only talents that we picked and rightly so was victor moses,Balogun the others seem more average and we have these players in nigeria if the coaches work harder.
Nobody is saying the likes of Chuba Akpom are world class players, he like the rest of new foreign born kids just add to our pool of options ahead of the world cup SIMPLE!and the SE team is a team full of average players anyway, with the exception of Moses,Mikel and Ndid who are the closest that we have to world class...we don't particularly have any world class player...the likes of Nacho, Success, Etebo, Iwobi are just good players and nothing more...so the so called English rejects are very much welcome, they know they stand a better chance of winning something with Nigeria than England anyway, I commend the move NFF is making to reach out to these kids! We need a strong bench ahead of the world cup next year
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:
1naija wrote:
BUT are the ones we are 'drooling' over actually better? That to me is the issue.
Yes, they are better. If Odey was better he won't be at Mountain of Fire Ministries. What's next ? Drafting players from Prayer Warriors FC?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.