Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Post by Gotti »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Did he actually train with the team or just take pictures?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Small by small....................... :lol:
I am happy
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Dude should just make up his mind already, all this one leg in one leg out isn't necessary at this point.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure. However, he had been invited with some others (see below) to in a practice game with Super Eagles.
Chelsea Youngster Ola Aina To Train With Super Eagles
Posted By: soccerasson: March 26, 2017In: Rising StarsNo Comments Print Email
http://www.soccerassembly.com/chelsea-y ... er-eagles/

Chelsea of England youngster Ola Aina is set for a short training spell with the Super eagles of Nigeria as efforts intensify to convince the year old to feature for Nigeria

The Nigerian football federation confirmed this on its official website and revealed that asides Aina Sunderland teenage star Josh Maja and Queens Park Rangers Ebere Eze have also been invited to join the Nigeria squad for a training match on Monday for assessment by the technical crew.

Ola Aina had been in the stands with his family to cheer the super eagles on in their game against Senegal and spoke with the Nigerian gaffer shortly after

It is normal to have this situation, when we have very good player [like Ola Aina] who can pick two teams,” Rohr said. “We always leave the door open to young talent.”

The trio arrived at the Super eagles Crowne Plaza Hotel camp on Saturday night

The 20-year-old full-back was born in London and has played for England at Under-19 and U20 level and was part of the U21 squad in November 2015 Maja and Eze however are yet to feature for any of the England teams.

18 year old Josh Maja has been tipped as a star for the future and recently scored a brace for the Sunderland U23s
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

He will be a very good addition to the SE if capped.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

How about Ademola Lookman? He should be in the mix as well.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:

Chelsea of England youngster Ola Aina is set for a short training spell with the Super eagles of Nigeria as efforts intensify to convince the year old to feature for Nigeria

The Nigerian football federation confirmed this on its official website and revealed that asides Aina Sunderland teenage star Josh Maja and Queens Park Rangers Ebere Eze have also been invited to join the Nigeria squad for a training match on Monday for assessment by the technical crew.

Ola Aina had been in the stands with his family to cheer the super eagles on in their game against Senegal and spoke with the Nigerian gaffer shortly after

It is normal to have this situation, when we have very good player [like Ola Aina] who can pick two teams,” Rohr said. “We always leave the door open to young talent.”

The 20-year-old full-back was born in London and has played for England at Under-19 and U20 level and was part of the U21 squad in November 2015 Maja and Eze however are yet to feature for any of the England teams.

18 year old Josh Maja has been tipped as a star for the future and recently scored a brace for the Sunderland U23s
Does the highlight mean that a replacement training game has been successfully organized for tomorrow?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

with all this hype I pray you guys don't get disappointed with his play when he finally joins SE
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Does the highlight mean that a replacement training game has been successfully organized for tomorrow?

I believe that it will be an 11 a side match between the players in camp. Aina, Maja and Ebere (that were referenced in that article) were supposed to train with the team today ahead of tomorrow's scrimmage.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mystic wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I believe that it will be an 11 a side match between the players in camp. Aina, Maja and Ebere (that were referenced in that article) were supposed to train with the team today ahead of tomorrow's scrimmage.
Mr Mystic, when are you going to do another SE depth chart thread? It's been yrs since we got one from you. Now that we have a young upcoming team I think it's time we look at it again and nobody is better at it than you are.

Tainks mehn. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mystic wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Mr Mystic, when are you going to do another SE depth chart thread? It's been yrs since we got one from you. Now that we have a young upcoming team I think it's time we look at it again and nobody is better at it than you are.

Tainks mehn. :thumb:

I had promised Cellular to do one awhile back but I have unfortunately been sidetracked by other things.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This must be the youngest SE ever! with Aina's Dad, Iwobi's dad and Ebuehi's dad all joining the SE in camp. :lol:
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:with all this hype I pray you guys don't get disappointed with his play when he finally joins SE
Which one is 'you guys'?
Are you no longer one of us? :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bushboy wrote:How about Ademola Lookman? He should be in the mix as well.
Let's take it easy, we are capping too many English talents and forgetting our talents at home.

We need very quality talents not hey yous. The most quality we have iwobi disappointed in the last match in midfield field, and when etebo came in things changed also success created problems with kayode.

These were our Niger talents let's not forget the ones back home.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

osita wrote:
Let's take it easy, we are capping too many English talents and forgetting our talents at home.

We need very quality talents not hey yous. The most quality we have iwobi disappointed in the last match in midfield field, and when etebo came in things changed also success created problems with kayode.

They are not just "English talents" but full blooded Nigerians who are as Nigerian as you and I, as long as they choose Nigeria at heart,they have as much right to be capped if they are good..simple. All this home based vs foreign born/based rubbish has to stop please, if the player is good then he should be given a chance to prove his quality, could care less if he was born in Uzbekistan, as long as you got Naija blood in you, then I'm fine.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:with all this hype I pray you guys don't get disappointed with his play when he finally joins SE
Which one is 'you guys'?
Are you no longer one of us? :shock:
I'm not in your hype team; for all I care he is just another expendable player.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Chimex101 wrote:
osita wrote:

They are not just "English talents" but full blooded Nigerians who are as Nigerian as you and I, as long as they choose Nigeria at heart,they have as much right to be capped if they are good..simple. All this home based vs foreign born/based rubbish has to stop please, if the player is good then he should be given a chance to prove his quality, could care less if he was born in Uzbekistan, as long as you got Naija blood in you, then I'm fine.
Osita, is expressing the views of those who are analysing the composition of the national team today. The truth is that there is an over emphasis on 2nd generation Naija abroad esp in UK, regardless of whether they play for their club's senior or not (I believe this is from Pinnick, who doesnt believe in Naija based players).

EnuguII, raised the issue of non home based players in camp, the response was the league was not in season. Now the league is in season, what is the excuse?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
amoky
Egg
Egg

Post by amoky »

Gotti wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

He actually trained, when I noticed he was kind of different, I asked the backroom staff who advised that is Ola Aina. His dad literally came to me to tell me that is his son, to which I asked, is he switching to Nigeria and his answer in verbatim..Yes of course he added on speaking to me in Yoruba Ke she da da o... literally interpreted - "please treat him well"
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Why is this news? I don't like all these equivocations going on with him and his daddy. Either he is 100% committed to SE,this 50% is unacceptable
Last edited by bully12 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Lookman, for the last time, he does not want to play for us...he is only interested in the 3 lions oyibo team :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

fabio wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
osita wrote:

Osita, is expressing the views of those who are analysing the composition of the national team today. The truth is that there is an over emphasis on 2nd generation Naija abroad esp in UK, regardless of whether they play for their club's senior or not (I believe this is from Pinnick, who doesnt believe in Naija based players).

EnuguII, raised the issue of non home based players in camp, the response was the league was not in season. Now the league is in season, what is the excuse?
my point, Pinnick is driving this strategy on nigerian football and we don't know where this will end, Very soon we will be picking average players in england for u16 and u20 and you wonder why england it's self has not don so well in youth cups.

i think pinnick may dis troy our football with this stupid altitude that any thing foreign is better than in nigeria, and we can see that we need home grown players to qualify f from african group stages.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Positive thinking bro. It is good for the heart
yes o