Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote:
fabio wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
osita wrote:
bushboy wrote:How about Ademola Lookman? He should be in the mix as well.
Let's take it easy, we are capping too many English talents and forgetting our talents at home.

We need very quality talents not hey yous. The most quality we have iwobi disappointed in the last match in midfield field, and when etebo came in things changed also success created problems with kayode.

These were our Niger talents let's not forget the ones back home.
They are not just "English talents" but full blooded Nigerians who are as Nigerian as you and I, as long as they choose Nigeria at heart,they have as much right to be capped if they are good..simple. All this home based vs foreign born/based rubbish has to stop please, if the player is good then he should be given a chance to prove his quality, could care less if he was born in Uzbekistan, as long as you got Naija blood in you, then I'm fine.
Osita, is expressing the views of those who are analysing the composition of the national team today. The truth is that there is an over emphasis on 2nd generation Naija abroad esp in UK, regardless of whether they play for their club's senior or not (I believe this is from Pinnick, who doesnt believe in Naija based players).

EnuguII, raised the issue of non home based players in camp, the response was the league was not in season. Now the league is in season, what is the excuse?
This project started under Maigari's NFF when Siasia was SE coach. The likes of Iwobi, Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Sidney Sam, Thiago ilori etc were all involved and some of them were flown to Abuja to experience life in Nigeria. The project stalled under Keshi as he was not interested in it. Pinnick just revived it.

To be fair Keshi did bring in Leon Balogun and Troost Ekong. Also Victor Moses was a key part of his teams. Keshi also wooed Sidney Sam but that didn't work out. Of course there was Shola Ameobi, Bright Dike, Stephen Ukoh and Hope Akpan. Aluko was also capped under Keshi and he expressed an interest in Samuel Ameobi before he was fired.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:
fabio wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
osita wrote:
Let's take it easy, we are capping too many English talents and forgetting our talents at home.

We need very quality talents not hey yous. The most quality we have iwobi disappointed in the last match in midfield field, and when etebo came in things changed also success created problems with kayode.

They are not just "English talents" but full blooded Nigerians who are as Nigerian as you and I, as long as they choose Nigeria at heart,they have as much right to be capped if they are good..simple. All this home based vs foreign born/based rubbish has to stop please, if the player is good then he should be given a chance to prove his quality, could care less if he was born in Uzbekistan, as long as you got Naija blood in you, then I'm fine.
Osita, is expressing the views of those who are analysing the composition of the national team today. The truth is that there is an over emphasis on 2nd generation Naija abroad esp in UK, regardless of whether they play for their club's senior or not (I believe this is from Pinnick, who doesnt believe in Naija based players).

EnuguII, raised the issue of non home based players in camp, the response was the league was not in season. Now the league is in season, what is the excuse?
This project started under Maigari's NFF when Siasia was SE coach. The likes of Iwobi, Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Sidney Sam, Thiago ilori etc were all involved and some of them were flown to Abuja to experience life in Nigeria. The project stalled under Keshi as he was not interested in it. Pinnick just revived it.

Kai of course Keshi was not interested because there was no money to be made, so he went after junks.

He nearly destroyed SE we failed to qualify for 2 consecutive ANCS because of him. Now we can look forward to a great SE that can actually make a serious challenge at the WC. :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mikel made this happen
Oooh, nooo! This yeyeman don carry his biasness come here again?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:
Dammy wrote: This project started under Maigari's NFF when Siasia was SE coach. The likes of Iwobi, Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Sidney Sam, Thiago ilori etc were all involved and some of them were flown to Abuja to experience life in Nigeria. The project stalled under Keshi as he was not interested in it. Pinnick just revived it.
To be fair Keshi did bring in Leon Balogun and Troost Ekong. Also Victor Moses was a key part of his teams. Keshi also wooed Sidney Sam but that didn't work out. Of course there was Shola Ameobi, Bright Dike, Stephen Ukoh and Hope Akpan. Aluko was also capped under Keshi and he expressed an interest in Samuel Ameobi before he was fired.
Was going to point that out, but then DAMMY's personally-avowed intent is to 'destroy' Keshi (apparently even in death)... :rotf:

Keshi also did cap UK-born Hope Akpan, Swiss-born Steve Ukoh and the likes of Shola Amoebi (albeit on his last legs). Nonetheless, this phenomena has never been a "project" (except perhaps in the way that many Nigerians deem any fire-brigade haphazard undertaking as a "project"), as Nigeria has always considered (formally and informally, successfully and unsuccessfully) such players for the national - going back as far back as Ade Coker of West Ham in the 1970s - John and Justin Fashana, John Salako, Reuben Agboola, John Salako, John Chidozie, Emeka Nwajiobi, Efan Ekoku, d#$% and Kelvin Etuhu, etc. The ONLY significant difference these days is that we now have lots and lots more of such players to consider - not because of Pinnick but because of the immigration patterns of the last couple of decades, .
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
deanotito wrote:If the English ever get their act together about these dual nationals, we'd be done on that front.
What of if Nigeria gets her act together. Then what?
You are a Nigerian :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Com! Danfo Driver, wetin dey do you - eh?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:Kai of course Keshi was not interested because there was no money to be made, so he went after junks.

He nearly destroyed SE we failed to qualify for 2 consecutive ANCS because of him. Now we can look forward to a great SE that can actually make a serious challenge at the WC.
Yep, Keshi "destroyed" the SE by WINNING the ANC...
If only someone else will similarly "destroy" the present SE. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:
Dammy wrote: This project started under Maigari's NFF when Siasia was SE coach. The likes of Iwobi, Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Sidney Sam, Thiago ilori etc were all involved and some of them were flown to Abuja to experience life in Nigeria. The project stalled under Keshi as he was not interested in it. Pinnick just revived it.
Was going to point that out, but then DAMMY's personally-avowed intent is to 'destroy' Keshi (apparently even in death)... :rotf:

Keshi also did cap UK-born Hope Akpan, Swiss-born Steve Ukoh and the likes of Shola Amoebi (albeit on his last legs). Nonetheless, this phenomena has never been a "project" (except perhaps in the way that many Nigerians deem any fire-brigade haphazard undertaking as a "project"), as Nigeria has always considered (formally and informally, successfully and unsuccessfully) such players for the national - going back as far back as Ade Coker of West Ham in the 1970s - John and Justin Fashana, John Salako, Reuben Agboola, John Salako, John Chidozie, Emeka Nwajiobi, Efan Ekoku, d#$% and Kelvin Etuhu, etc. The ONLY significant difference these days is that we now have lots and lots more of such players to consider - not because of Pinnick but because of the immigration patterns of the last couple of decades, .
Maybe it has nothing to do with Keshi, but everything to do with "white coach", to paraphrase Yak?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:

Maybe it has nothing to do with Keshi, but everything to do with "white coach", to paraphrase Yak?
I suspect this "recruitment drive" is more Pinnick's brainchild than Rohr's....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:I suspect this "recruitment drive" is more Pinnick's brainchild than Rohr's....
The jury's still out on Pinnick's brain... :lol:

However, the "recruitment drive" is no one single person's child. As I noted above, Nigeria has always "recruited" as far back as one can recall - the sole difference being that we have SCORES more of such players to "recruit" these days. Furthermore, the reality is that if the football authorities ignore such players, the press (and even the public) will weigh in - such as the reporter who raised the issue of Ola Aina with Rohr at last Thursday's post-match press conference.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:I suspect this "recruitment drive" is more Pinnick's brainchild than Rohr's....

However, the "recruitment drive" is no one single person's child. As I noted above, Nigeria has always "recruited" as far back as one can recall - the sole difference between that we have SCORES more of such players to "recruit" these days. Furthermore, the reality is if the football authorities ignore such players, the press (and even the public) will weigh in - such as the reporter who raised the issue of Ola Aina with Rohr at last Thursday's post-match press conference.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:

However, the "recruitment drive" is no one single person's child. As I noted above, Nigeria has always "recruited" as far back as one can recall - the sole difference between that we have SCORES more of such players to "recruit" these days. Furthermore, the reality is if the football authorities ignore such players, the press (and even the public) will weigh in - such as the reporter who raised the issue of Ola Aina with Rohr at last Thursday's post-match press conference.
Agreed on Pinnick....

Yes, brain child was not the most apt word to use though it's fair to say he's been keen to pursue young foreign born players.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Jokers.

This is what the premier league obsession has brought about.

Well, I see how this strategy has worked out for the Algerian national team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Donzman wrote:Jokers.

Yes.

They were the best AFrican team in Brazil 2014 taking the world champions to extra time in the second round.

The strategy is a good one. This doesn't mean that the domestic leagues cannot be also strengthened simultaneously.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

vancity eagle wrote:

Yes.

They were the best AFrican team in Brazil 2014 taking the world champions to extra time in the second round.

The strategy is a good one. This doesn't mean that the domestic leagues cannot be also strengthened simultaneously.
I don't think the English youth system can be compared with the French.
France has produced top talents over an over again while the English are stuck with a strong league with a lot of money spent that is kept alive by foreign players.
These English talents are not really the best developed on the continent.

I have always been a fan of recruitment in order to get the best legs for Nigeria but not at this ratio.
We should concentrate on the best players in certain positions we lack depth and not try to persuade every Tom and d#$%.

At the moment actually only Tammy Abraham is really needed.
Ola Aina and Ovie Ejaria should first get playing time for their clubs.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

DAgrin wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Yes.

possible.

France has produced top talents over an over again while the English are stuck with a strong league with a lot of money spent that is kept alive by foreign players.

I have always been a fan of recruitment in order to get the best legs for Nigeria but not at this ratio.
We should concentrate on the best players in certain positions we lack depth and not try to persuade every Tom and d#$%.

kPOM TO 1 MILLIONTH POWER . We don't need all these boys because they are not better than what we have . The only player we need now is Tammy Abraham . I don't think we have any talent out there that matches his. We definitely need a prolific scorer right now SE is devoid of one . Kelechi's saga with Mancity has surely robbed him of that skill thus we need someone who can exhibit the skill for SE to arise above mediocre level . Nobody out there of Nigeria origin that fits into this description better than Tammy Abraham. Hence he should be recruited by all means
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bully12 wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Yes.

possible.

kPOM TO 1 MILLIONTH POWER . We don't need all these boys because they are not better than what we have . The only player we need now is Tammy Abraham . I don't think we have any talent out there that matches his. We definitely need a prolific scorer right now SE is devoid of one . Kelechi's saga with Mancity has surely robbed him of that skill thus we need someone who can exhibit the skill for SE to arise above mediocre level . Nobody out there of Nigeria origin that fits into this description better than Tammy Abraham. Hence he should be recruited by all means
You must live in England, prolly at Bristol city too. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

I laugh when some clowns here act like we are Germany,France and Brazil etc that churn out so much world class players that we can afford to discard any player that wants to represent us...if the likes of Ejaria, Lookman, and other foreign born contigents wwnt to represent Nigeria, then by all means they are welcome!! I qant Nigeria to have a rich embarrassment of options that no player will feel too big for the SE, and we also make the world cup attendance in full style...not the rubbish we took to Brazil 2014. I'm glad the likes of Aina, Akpom, Ebere Eze and other upcoming English born talente are part of the team...I want a Nigerian team with youthful exuberance , pace, energy, and depth.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:

Gotti, you are still going on about this in 2017! I am only contributing what I know to the forum. The drive to get Nigerian born kids especially those in the UK started under Maigari with Siasia holding camps in London for the players to attend (There was a thread on this). I am also aware that some of these boys were flown to Abuja and taken to the National Stadium to get the Nigerian feel. The project stalled under Keshi because he preferred to look inwards i.e. local league. So where am I now hounding Keshi in death? Please keep your emotions out of the debate. Whether you believe it or not, there was a blueprint and Pinnick just keyed into it.
I am happy
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

osita wrote:
fabio wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
osita wrote:

my point, Pinnick is driving this strategy on nigerian football and we don't know where this will end, Very soon we will be picking average players in england for u16 and u20 and you wonder why england it's self has not don so well in youth cups.

i think pinnick may dis troy our football with this stupid altitude that any thing foreign is better than in nigeria, and we can see that we need home grown players to qualify f from african group stages.
Let's be honest, most things foreign made are better than what we have in Nigeria. What's annoying is that we seem not to have any long term plans on how to rectify this situation.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I'm not trying to denigrate the dead or Keshi . Of all the foreign born players Keshii invited is any of them worth the salt? I don't have any incontrovertible fact to my claim I believe there was some kind of pecuniary inducements that prompted their invitations. There is not iota doubt about it some irreparable damage was inflicted on SE during Keshi's era.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have made this argument about our over reliance on English based players in so many different ways and in so many different threads.

So I won't rehash my old arguments, or even approach it the same way as the arguments above me.

Lets even forget about allegiances and generations and whether the player is homebased or foreign based. Let us think of it this way. A National team is a construct is it not? Something we build, develop hone etc? At the epicentre of sports is strategy, tactics and planning is it not?

Well is it not also true that WE (Nigerians) have less of an input into how some of our players in Europe have developed compared to their colleagues in Nigeria? Therefore if we are over-reliant on certain players, we ALSO have less of an input into our football strategy!

At the very basic level of footballing, you just see footballers as either good or bad...but Europeans do not! They develop SPECIFIC types of footballers. They know the types of footballers that they want, either small and agile players, tall and physical players, they know exactly how they want them to develop and play right from the womb! This argument goes beyond the academies and what not, but it also covers the fact that none of our best players REMAIN in the Nigerian system.

European countries also have foreign input, but they have more precision regarding how their football develops. It is not a question of whether THIS is a problem or THAT is the problem, this is fine..but we just have to be mindful that we will never ever be a lasting football power unless we are actively dictating the game. There is a balance.

and more importantly that we are actively dictating the game in a rational manner! England might have all the resources and capacities, but they are squandering their power and authority. Mind you, OUR footballers are anchored to their system in many ways! Be careful!

If you did not read through all of that or understand the angle, a different way of looking at it is "I do not want a situation whereby decisions made in England determine the state of Nigerian football; If the EPL takes a downturn, we take a downturn, if their academies are competitive we benefit, if they are not, we go wanting. We cannot remove ourselves from other systems, but we should play a major role in our fate, and that should not begin at the managerial level."
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I am delighted with Rohr and all that he has been doing, and all the others involved. :clap:

I encourage them to sustain their efforts and get adequate talents for Nigeria, wherever they may be. I am also delighted with the new talents such as Ola Aina that we have attracted. It is a satisfactory peripheral strategy.

I only hope that the NFF, NPFL, LMC, Private Academies, Stakeholders and everybody else involved are also aware of our other responsibilities, which are far more important than this current strategy.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT