Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ola Aina Trains with Super Eagles

Post by smartbrother »

Good addition to the SE
Hopefully Tomori follows suit
from what I've seen of aina he is behind shehu is the competition for starting Rightback
Does anyone know if he Can play anywhere else in defence?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

He's played at left back during one of Chelsea's game and did really well.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Which one of these RBs will win the starting spot and who will back him up?

Ebuehi
Omeruo ?
Shehu
Mohamed
Aina
Nura Abdulahi

I think Omeruo will eventual have something to say about the Balogun- Ekong partnership so let's leave him out for now.

Assuming all are healthy and playing regularly I think Nura is the one that best fits what ROHR is looking for in a RB. He's super quick,good on the ball defense and positionally aware,he's the modern RB of them all. A Cafu type RB. Aina and Ebuehi both can play LB and DM, a big plus with Rohr. One of them will end up backing up Echiejele at LB since Madu doesn't seem to interested in performing for club or country.

For shehu and Mohammed to be a factor assuming we qualify for the wc they'll have to move to better teams. May the best man win.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Which one of these RBs will win the starting spot and who will back him up?

Ebuehi
Omeruo ?
Shehu
Mohamed
Aina
Nura Abdulahi

I think Omeruo will eventual have something to say about the Balogun- Ekong partnership so let's leave him out for now.

Assuming all are healthy and playing regularly I think Nura is the one that best fits what ROHR is looking for in a RB. He's super quick,good on the ball defense and positionally aware,he's the modern RB of them all. A Cafu type RB. Aina and Ebuehi both can play LB and DM, a big plus with Rohr. One of them will end up backing up Echiejele at LB since Madu doesn't seem to interested in performing for club or country.

For shehu and Mohammed to be a factor assuming we qualify for the wc they'll have to move to better teams. May the best man win.

You have not factored in Odubajo. When healthy he is our best RB. The rest of them (bar Shehu) are developing players while Odubajo is already at the level required to make a difference. Let's pray he makes a complete recovery from his injury and hasn't lost his zeal to play for Nigeria.

If we are looking long term, however (i.e - beyond the 2018 World Cup) then in my opinion I believe that Nura Abdullahi and Ola Aina have the most upside. Whether they make the most of their talents is as always the question.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Which one of these RBs will win the starting spot and who will back him up?

Ebuehi
Omeruo ?
Shehu
Mohamed
Aina
Nura Abdulahi

You have not factored in Odubajo. When healthy he is our best RB. The rest of them (bar Shehu) are developing players while Odubajo is already at the level required to make a difference. Let's pray he makes a complete recovery from his injury and hasn't lost his zeal to play for Nigeria.

If we are looking long term, however (i.e - beyond the 2018 World Cup) then in my opinion I believe that Nura Abdullahi and Ola Aina have the most upside. Whether they make the most of their talents is as always the question.
Odubajo has supposedly recovered but I haven't seen him listed for any games so far. So you believe shehu is that high up the list? Interesting.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Another of our children don join us. It feels like yesterday when I first saw these kids play.

BTW! These boys are very close. Ola and Alex are very good friends. Chuba is also part of this group.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mystic wrote:

Ebuehi
Omeruo ?
Shehu
Mohamed
Aina
Nura Abdulahi

Odubajo has supposedly recovered but I haven't seen him listed for any games so far. So you believe shehu is that high up the list? Interesting.

Odubajo isn't far enough into his recovery to be able to step on the pitch but will hopefully see some minutes before the end of the season. Regarding the Super Eagles, I don't think he'll be available for selection for a while. My guess is that Rohr will want to sort through his current options for now while keeping an eye on Odubajo's progress through the preseason and early part of the next season, all things being equal. However, there could be a rush to cap him if the current options flop.

As for Shehu Abdullahi he is a very good player who's value to the Super Eagles lies in his ability to play multiple positions at the level required by an international. At any of the positions that he plays (DM, CM, RB, LB, CB) no one will say that he's the best Nigerian player at that position, but when building a squad Shehu is the type of player that is often critical to building a winning side.

This is why he has been consistently considered under Rohr. But as talented options continue to emerge, he will have to fight to keep his place (which is as it should be).
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If the English ever get their act together about these dual nationals, we'd be done on that front.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

deanotito wrote:If the English ever get their act together about these dual nationals, we'd be done on that front.

What of if Nigeria gets her act together. Then what?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Waffiman wrote:Another of our children don join us. It feels like yesterday when I first saw these kids play.

BTW! These boys are very close. Ola and Alex are very good friends. Chuba is also part of this group.
lol online, Alex is always trying to market Chuba..saying he is the real gem and all that.

I wonder how much Chuba pays Alex. :taunt: :taunt:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mikel made this happen
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Waffiman wrote:Another of our children don join us. It feels like yesterday when I first saw these kids play.

What about Tammy Abraham?
Of all these guys he is the one playing more regularly. He will probably go to the U21 championships this season so Naija should make their move abeg. He is good enough to play already in my opinion.
YNWA
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:
deanotito wrote:If the English ever get their act together about these dual nationals, we'd be done on that front.

What of if Nigeria gets her act together. Then what?
You are a Nigerian :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

oyek wrote:
Kai, is it possible to go back to Eguland camp after wearing gwg? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

They are beginning to take notice.... 8-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 52976.html
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:They are beginning to take notice.... 8-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 52976.html
Kai, pinnick an d his big stomach wants to take every one of those players, Le should let them have lukman and get Tammy instead.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

heavyd wrote:

What about Tammy Abraham?
Of all these guys he is the one playing more regularly. He will probably go to the U21 championships this season so Naija should make their move abeg. He is good enough to play already in my opinion.
He is the one I'm more keen on. Currently I don't think we have any player that has equal talent and skill with him in all categories. Hence he is a must , we should include in the team by all means necessary.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:with all this hype I pray you guys don't get disappointed with his play when he finally joins SE
Which one is 'you guys'?
Are you no longer one of us? :shock:
Damunk, Chief Jette1 is still one of us, but has - emotionally - prepared himself in advance for any disappointment by the SEs
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Well done NFF for these developments. They cant be faulted for not trying anymore. :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
osita wrote:
bushboy wrote:How about Ademola Lookman? He should be in the mix as well.
Let's take it easy, we are capping too many English talents and forgetting our talents at home.

We need very quality talents not hey yous. The most quality we have iwobi disappointed in the last match in midfield field, and when etebo came in things changed also success created problems with kayode.

These were our Niger talents let's not forget the ones back home.
They are not just "English talents" but full blooded Nigerians who are as Nigerian as you and I, as long as they choose Nigeria at heart,they have as much right to be capped if they are good..simple. All this home based vs foreign born/based rubbish has to stop please, if the player is good then he should be given a chance to prove his quality, could care less if he was born in Uzbekistan, as long as you got Naija blood in you, then I'm fine.
Osita, is expressing the views of those who are analysing the composition of the national team today. The truth is that there is an over emphasis on 2nd generation Naija abroad esp in UK, regardless of whether they play for their club's senior or not (I believe this is from Pinnick, who doesnt believe in Naija based players).

EnuguII, raised the issue of non home based players in camp, the response was the league was not in season. Now the league is in season, what is the excuse?
This project started under Maigari's NFF when Siasia was SE coach. The likes of Iwobi, Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Sidney Sam, Thiago ilori etc were all involved and some of them were flown to Abuja to experience life in Nigeria. The project stalled under Keshi as he was not interested in it. Pinnick just revived it.
I am happy