ONAZI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ONAZI

Post by jette1 »

any updates on the injury
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Sam Agunsoye
Egg
Egg
Re: ONAZI

Post by Sam Agunsoye »

He's back in training with his mate according to http://www.soccerassembly.com/onazi-ret ... ification/
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

That's great. Glory be to the Almighty .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why is it that Onazi is always the one per teams take out of SE mf. We all saw what happened v France at the wc after he was fresh sent Matuidi to take him out, same vs Senegal. The mf just seems to collapse without him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ndidi IMO will turn out to be a more impressive than Onazi!

He is the real deal.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Tbite wrote:Ndidi IMO will turn out to be a more impressive than Onazi!

He is the real deal.
still i love onazi, he is a warrior
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

osita wrote:

He is the real deal.
Yep. I have a certain level of comfort with Onazi's warrior spirit.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

osita wrote:

He is the real deal.
:agree: :agree: :agree:
He brings combative attitude. If he can improve on his passing, SE will benefit more.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

deanotito wrote:
osita wrote:

He is the real deal.
:agree:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Based on his brilliant and stern performance in 2013 AFCON heartily, I was expecting him at this point to be as good as Ngolo Kante, . Unfortunately, it seems his progress stalled after the tournament. I still like his fighting spirit but in other aspects of the game like passing and reading the game he is definitely lacking behind. If he can improve on those shortcomings he will be almost a complete player.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
deanotito wrote:
osita wrote:

He is the real deal.
:agree:
I continue to say that placing reliance in your midfield on Onazi's warrior spirit and memories of his sterling performance in 2013 and 2014 could cost us real big. Onazi's positioning, timing of tackles and passing have deteriorated since then, and he gives away more free kicks as a result. Same was displayed during the first 25 minutes of the Senegal game. Excusable only if we did not already have Ndidi and Etebo.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

bully12 wrote:Based on his brilliant and stern performance in 2013 AFCON heartily, I was expecting him at this point to be as good as Ngolo Kante, . Unfortunately, it seems his progress stalled after the tournament. I still like his fighting spirit but in other aspects of the game like passing and reading the game he is definitely lacking behind. If he can improve on those shortcomings he will be almost a complete player.
I think the reason why things didn't play out as we expected is that Onazi did not focus on the defensive mid position. In his clubs - Lazio & Trabzanspor - he's more of a box to box midfielder...in fact, sometimes a full blown attacking mid. If Onazi had focused on being a defensive mid, he could be one of the world's top 5. He naturally has what many players have to work really hard to get. Onazi's display at the World Cup was breathtaking. If he was able to transfer that to a decent club, he would be better than Kante.

Its his divided focus that has hurt his progress in my opinion. He doesn't have what it takes to be a great attacking mid....but he could have locked down the DM position if he (or his club coaches) allowed him to.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Not sure that happened vs Senegal. The SE were already under severe pressure by Senegal's high press when Onazi got injured.

I was pleasantly surprised with John Ogu's performance after he entered the game. He performed as well as Onazi did in the 25mins before he was injured.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why is it that Onazi is always the one per teams take out of SE mf. We all saw what happened v France at the wc after he was fresh sent Matuidi to take him out, same vs Senegal. The mf just seems to collapse without him.