Leo Messi banned for four games by FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Leo Messi banned for four games by FIFA

Post by YUJAM »

For insulting the ref in the match vs Chile

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=201 ... 77817.html

This may be a serious blow to Argentina's WC hopes
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Leo Messi banned for four games by FIFA

Post by metalalloy »

Yikes! 4 games for insults? But good! hopefully Argentina no go qualify especially if we make it :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ouch no Messi no Argentina :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The abused wife, Nigeria, is hoping and praying that the abusive husband, Argentina, does not make it to the big dance :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Scipio Africanus wrote:The abused wife, Nigeria, is hoping and praying that the abusive husband, Argentina, does not make it to the big dance :mrgreen:
I hope they make it. Something has got to give, an abusive husband can only beat his wife so many times, bifor somebody calls the cops or someone intervenes.

but then again we beat Kenya so many times and nobody called the cops. :blushing:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tbite wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:The abused wife, Nigeria, is hoping and praying that the abusive husband, Argentina, does not make it to the big dance :mrgreen:
I hope they make it. Something has got to give, an abusive husband can only beat his wife so many times, bifor somebody calls the cops or someone intervenes.

but then again we beat Kenya so many times and nobody called the cops. :blushing:
Abeg no. 4 defeats in 4 WC matches against those buggers. Nigeria seem to be incapable of learning and adjusting. You need organization, cool heads and discipline to beat Argentina. We usually have at most 2 out of 3 of those qualities

Having typed all that, Argentina should still qualify easily.

Wha choo looking at?!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The key here is how to stem the resilience of the Argentines when they play us. One goal difference is all they have needed and we are paralyzed as to whether to attack or defend. When we play them toe to toe it's an avalanche of goals on both sides. When we bunker we lose by the odd goal. Mental strength is need to stay in the game in the defensive phase and kill them off when we have them on the ropes.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

He's being punished for the AFA's crimes. The NFF is bad but right now the Argentine fed is way worse. Their players pay their own way, pay for security, pay for everything.
Last edited by platinum on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Only 4 games? After he insult and wish the ref death?
He should be ban for 4 years his crime is more than Saurez bit.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That seem excessive. There is no way his crime of yarning crap at the ref/linesman should carry this much punishment.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:Only 4 games? After he insult and wish the ref death?
He should be ban for 4 years his crime is more than Saurez bit.
Where did you get this info?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tbite wrote:

Abeg no. 4 defeats in 4 WC matches against those buggers. Nigeria seem to be incapable of learning and adjusting. You need organization, cool heads and discipline to beat Argentina. We usually have at most 2 out of 3 of those qualities

It's not going to be easy. Messi supplies them with most of thier goals pplus Chile, Colombia Ecuador and Uruguay are breathing down their necks. I won't be surprised if they sneak in via the playoffs
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

But Nigeria will have to qualify first nah? :D
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bamenda boy wrote:But Nigeria will have to qualify first nah? :D
We will after we are done with you in Aug and Sept. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

bret- hart wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tbite wrote:

It's not going to be easy. Messi supplies them with most of thier goals pplus Chile, Colombia Ecuador and Uruguay are breathing down their necks. I won't be surprised if they sneak in via the playoffs
Hm, maybe you have a point. It is currently Bolivia 1 Argentina 0 at half time in their WC qualifier.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Argentina don chop anoda wan :lol: :lol:

2-0 to Bolivia! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I don't know what Messi could have said to get a 4 match ban! Even if he insulted the ref mom, father, son, daughter, uncle, nephew, cousin, niece and all his in-laws! One match ban should have been enough!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Undertaker wrote:I don't know what Messi could have said to get a 4 match ban! Even if he insulted the ref mom, father, son, daughter, uncle, nephew, cousin, niece and all his in-laws! One match ban should have been enough!
@Undertaker really?When Messi pick gun and kill someone you will still defend the guy.smh
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:Yikes! 4 games for insults? But good! hopefully Argentina no go qualify especially if we make it :curse:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:

Kai, see response, REAL response :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:But Nigeria will have to qualify first nah? :D
We will after we are done with you in Aug and Sept. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Bamenda boy", na wetin you dey fin for dis thred? Well, dat tin wen you want, you don see-am naw. Oya, make you ansa.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Has Lionel Messi played his last WC game?

He's no doubt a great player and equally a clean player, having not been known with cheating that the Luis Suarezs of this world live on.

But on this one, Messi goofed big time. He probably thought he was in Barca's shirt in La Liga or playing a UEFA tourney where Barca's misdeeds are glossed over.

Now he has to sit out a 4-game ban, the first of which ended in a 2-0 loss to Bolivia, throwing serious spanner into Argentina WC's qualification plans, hence, the question whether he has played his last WC game in 2014.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

awww poor Swede

Thought he was in his UEFAlona domain..oh well, isn't there an appeal process?

I wanna see The Swede in Russia..winning fuckall :D .

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: