Isaac Success : I Want To Emulate Samuel Eto’o

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Isaac Success : I Want To Emulate Samuel Eto’o

Post by chief nfachairman »

http://www.soccerassembly.com/isaac-suc ... muel-etoo/

Watford FC of England forward Isaac success has named the players he would most like to emulate on the field of play

The 21 year old was speaking to the BBC Africa in an exclusive interview on what it means playing for the Super Eagles shortly after his National team debut

“It was a dream come true for me and I thank God for being here representing my country” The youngster who was a 2nd half substitute for Arsenal Alex Iwobi told BBC Africas Stanley Kweda

“I’m happy now I’m fit I’m ready I am very sharp now. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to play again”

The youngster was asked which players he tries to emulate when he steps onto the field and he mentioned the Cameroonian icon to whom he has often been compared and more surprisingly Evertons Belgian Romelu Lukaku

“Yeah those are the players I would like to emulate because I think they’ve everything and ive got everything to.” Success said

“It’s just for me to work extra hard to get to that point”

Isaac hasn’t had a totally stellar season with Watford so far as he has been niggled with Injuries but has showed flashes of brilliance the few times he has come on and was again outstanding in Nigeria’s draw with Senegal at the hive.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Isaac Success : I Want To Emulate Samuel Eto’o

Post by 1naija »

Damn! Our boy wants to run like a monkey and and live like a white man? Nooooooooo!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

1naija wrote:Damn! Our boy wants to run like a monkey and and live like a white man? Nooooooooo!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tell you
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:Damn! Our boy wants to run like a monkey and and live like a white man? Nooooooooo!
You'd rather run like a white man and live like a monkey :tic: :sneaky: :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I can see him being a Lukaku. Definitely. But I don't know why coaches keep sticking him on the wings. He is a striker. He should be playing in Troy Denney and Kelechi Iheanacho's position.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Seen him play as a striker, and he's far more effective, coming in from the wings. This is no longer youth football guys, let go...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
TobyWard
Egg
Egg

Post by TobyWard »

okidoki wrote:Seen him play as a striker, and he's far more effective, coming in from the wings. This is no longer youth football guys, let go...
Overall good point :thumb:

Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth. Bradley Whitford
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

He also needs to learn not to hold the ball too long.
If he adopts the pass first mentality, his game will be at par with Suarez.
Dancing with the ball and holding it for too long is an invitation to injury.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
You'd rather run like a white man and live like a monkey :tic: :sneaky: :arrow:
Just like you prefer living and running like a monkey?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote:I can see him being a Lukaku. Definitely. But I don't know why coaches keep sticking him on the wings. He is a striker. He should be playing in Troy Denney and Kelechi Iheanacho's position.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are joking? Lukaku doesnt have 1/10th the technical ability that Success has.

Please success, dont listen to this man. You have the right idea..Eto'o is a much better route, as your ability and playing style already mirrors samuel's. The only thing you lack and need to work on is the deadly finishing of Eto'o
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
bushboy wrote:I can see him being a Lukaku. Definitely. But I don't know why coaches keep sticking him on the wings. He is a striker. He should be playing in Troy Denney and Kelechi Iheanacho's position.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are joking? Lukaku doesnt have 1/10th the technical ability that Success has.

Please success, dont listen to this man. You have the right idea..Eto'o is a much better route, as your ability and playing style already mirrors samuel's. The only thing you lack and need to work on is the deadly finishing of Eto'o
Thank you how an average player like Lukaku who really on speed and power no technical ability yet anyone will want Success down grade to be like him.SMH
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Given the right conditions and barring major injury Success has all the attributes and features to be as successfully as Eto. But the big question is does he have the work habits, discipline and mental fortitude? Does he have hunger to be the best he can be . Is he ready to push himself above and beyond? Does he have the hunger to be the best player and never complacent with little accomplishment. If he is ready to answer all these questions in affirmative he can positively have a sterling career like Eto . But he develops the common disease that afflicts all Nigerian players he is going to be no Eto but Ogbueze . The Almighty has endowed him with the features of being a great footballer but the the ball is in his court.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:Given the right conditions and barring major injury Success has all the attributes and features to be as successfully as Eto. But the big question is does he have the work habits, discipline and mental fortitude? Does he have hunger to be the best he can be . Is he ready to push himself above and beyond? Does he have the hunger to be the best player and never complacent with little accomplishment. If he is ready to answer all these questions in affirmative he can positively have a sterling career like Eto . But he develops the common disease that afflicts all Nigerian players he is going to be no Eto but Ogbueze . The Almighty has endowed him with the features of being a great footballer but the the ball is in his court.
I'm not even focused that far down the road, let him just stay healthy in the short term so he can develop his career. He's a lot further behind where Eto'o was at the same age. He just needs to focus on getting his career moving in an upward trajectory. The EPL should be a good show case, he needs to start pushing for a starting spot.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Thank you how an average player like Lukaku who really on speed and power no technical ability yet anyone will want Success down grade to be like him.SMH
Lol!! See Nigerians and delusions of grandeur. Nobody on this website is a bigger fan of Isaac than me! But it doesn't make me delusional. Issac will be blessed if he reaches the level that Lukaku is at. At age 20, Lukaku had already accomplished a LOT more than Isaac. And his lack "of technical ability" has him sitting atop the EPL scoring charts and big teams clamoring for him. Yet, some mugus think it's beneath Issac to aspire for that. Lol..CE!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

^^I think people are just thrilled with Isaac's flashiness, speed and dribbling skills.

He and Lukaku are not even playing the same position. He is the far lesser predator (goal instinct) in the 18yard box than Lukaku.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Robotnik wrote:^^I think people are just thrilled with Isaac's flashiness, speed and dribbling skills.

He and Lukaku are not even playing the same position. He is the far lesser predator (goal instinct) in the 18yard box than Lukaku.
It's obvious Isaac still sees himself as a striker if he mentions Etoo and Lukaku as his idols.
Who will be next?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bushboy wrote:
Robotnik wrote:^^I think people are just thrilled with Isaac's flashiness, speed and dribbling skills.

It's obvious Isaac still sees himself as a striker if he mentions Etoo and Lukaku as his idols.
Is he really a striker? He missed another one on one with the goalkeeper today against Sunderland.
I am happy
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

He really needs playing time at Watford..
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Dammy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Is he really a striker? He missed another one on one with the goalkeeper today against Sunderland.
He did not miss. The goalkeeper made a save with his legs. Huge difference.
Who will be next?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bushboy wrote:
Dammy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Ok o.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
bushboy wrote:
Dammy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Ok o.
So he didn't miss, so that means he scored? Oh wow so why is no one talking about this one???? These folk must all be haters!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!