Selective Justice: FIFA Investigates Taylor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Selective Justice: FIFA Investigates Taylor

Post by Cristao II »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39443484

Fifa has opened proceedings against Wales full-back Neil Taylor after his leg-breaking challenge on Republic of Ireland's Seamus Coleman.

The Everton defender, 28, was taken off on a stretcher after the tackle which saw Taylor sent off during last Friday's World Cup qualifier in Dublin.

Coleman was taken to hospital and required surgery on a double break.

Taylor, 28, will be suspended for the qualifier in Serbia in June, but could have his one-game ban extended by Fifa.

Wales captain Ashley Williams recently revealed that Taylor wanted to visit Coleman in hospital, and sent him a text message from the Aviva Stadium.

"Neil was gutted. He was sitting on the floor virtually in tears," he told the Everton website.

"Even people who don't know Seamus like I do were gutted.

"He asked me to check if it would be OK to go to see Seamus in hospital. He got his number off me and sent him a text straight away.

"When I found out it was a broken leg it made me feel sick inside because it's someone who I like so much and is one of my mates."

Taylor began his professional career at Wrexham before moving to Swansea in 2010, helping the club win promotion to the Premier League in 2011.

The left-back moved to Championship club Aston Villa in January.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Selective Justice: FIFA Investigates Taylor

Post by Cristao II »

FIFA will be opening a can of worms if they do this. Nigeria should request for review into Matuidi on Onazi. I know Taylor is a dirty tackler. I still remember his boot on face tackle on Kyle Walker in 2016.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Only an EPL fan could possibly have a problem with this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Cristao II wrote:FIFA will be opening a can of worms if they do this. Nigeria should request for review into Matuidi on Onazi. I know Taylor is a dirty tackler. I still remember his boot on face tackle on Kyle Walker in 2016.
Nigeria for some reason kept quiet after Odenwinge was wrongfully called offside,Mikel was slapped by Guirod and Muituidi tried to end Onazi's career so nothing will happen!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Cristao II wrote:FIFA will be opening a can of worms if they do this. Nigeria should request for review into Matuidi on Onazi. I know Taylor is a dirty tackler. I still remember his boot on face tackle on Kyle Walker in 2016.
Nigeria for some reason kept quiet after Odenwinge was wrongfully called offside,Mikel was slapped by Guirod and Muituidi tried to end Onazi's career so nothing will happen!

As soon as that imbecile Matuidi stamped on Onazi, Osaze, Mikel and Emenike should have surrounded the ref and demanded a redcard. We need to learn gamesmanship if we are to go far at Worldcups. We cant be the nice guys anymore.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bret- hart wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

As soon as that imbecile Matuidi stamped on Onazi, Osaze, Mikel and Emenike should have surrounded the ref and demanded a redcard. We need to learn gamesmanship if we are to go far at Worldcups. We cant be the nice guys anymore.
He was no imbecile Onazi was playing like a trogan and as soon as he stamped him out Nigeria folded, you're right but I blame our own players for not seeming to react to anything that happened in that game but that tackle warranted some kind of passionate reaction towards the biased ref and Matuidi!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The only reason they are investigating this is because they will be footing the salary of the injured player.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho