Cameroon team forgets player in Brussels

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Abaua1
Egg
Egg
Cameroon team forgets player in Brussels

Post by Abaua1 »

Cameroon national could miss Saturday's games against Chicago
6:16 PM ET
Bill Beacon, The Canadian Press

A mix-up that left defender Ambroise Oyongo stranded in Brussels for an extra day may cost the Montreal Impact a key starter for a game Saturday against the Chicago Fire.

The Cameroon national team neglected to get Oyongo a plane ticket to return to Montreal after their victory over Guinea in a friendly match Tuesday in the Belgian capital. He was supposed to return on Wednesday.

Impact coach Mauro Biello said Oyongo was due to arrive on Thursday.

"It's frustrating for me because he's stuck in Brussels when we want to prepare the team and we've already got key guys out of the lineup," said Biello, who will be missing midfielder Ignacio Piatti and defender Laurent Cimon in Chicago. "That's a key guy and now he hasn't been able to come in [to train].

'Here waiting, no one answering'

"It was difficult with what happened with the federation and these things sometimes play on the mindset of players. You hope things get solved and his mind is clear and he'll be back ready to help this team. I'll speak with him and see where he's at."

It is up to a country's soccer federation to get players to and from international matches. However Oyongo, the starting left back who helped Cameroon win the African Cup of Nations last month, was left behind without a return ticket to Montreal.

He told the Cameroonian website CamFoot.com "I'm here waiting and no one is answering.

"You give your heart, your soul, your life for your country but others don't acknowledge your value. But don't worry, we're born and raised in Cameroon. We won't abandon our country."

Oyongo's Impact teammates were not amused.

"If it was a few years ago maybe I would laugh about the situation but when I read that I was not happy because this kind of situation has been there since a lot of years," said defender Hassoun Camara. "He just won the African Cup and, when you see that a federation can treat a player like this, it's disappointing.

"I hope this is not going to happen next time and that he comes with the right mentality. We need him. It's tough when you're not treated the right way by your national federation."

© The Canadian Press, 2017

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/soccer/mls/i ... -1.4048656
Abaua1
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon team forgets player in Brussels

Post by Abaua1 »

How do you forget your own player? Nigerian and Cameroonian federations are taking the shaming of African football to a whole different level these days :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:. I hope he made it back to Canada.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Abaua1 wrote:How do you forget your own player? Nigerian and Cameroonian federations are taking the shaming of African football to a whole different level these days :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:. I hope he made it back to Canada.
Please leave Nigeria out of it. I wish hope and pray they forget to buy tickets for some of their players in August to come to Nigeria.
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

bully12 wrote:
Abaua1 wrote:How do you forget your own player? Nigerian and Cameroonian federations are taking the shaming of African football to a whole different level these days :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:. I hope he made it back to Canada.
Please leave Nigeria out of it. I wish hope and pray they forget to buy tickets for some of their players in August to come to Nigeria.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:. You think the NFF is better than Fecafoot? I have a finished wall to sell you on the US-Mexican border :mrgreen:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Abaua1 wrote:
bully12 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:. You think the NFF is better than Fecafoot? I have a finished wall to sell you on the US-Mexican border :mrgreen:
Mexico is already paying you for the wall. Thus that could not be a second buyer. I will not fall for your chicanery .
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bully12 wrote:
Abaua1 wrote:
bully12 wrote:

Mexico is already paying you for the wall. Thus that could not be a second buyer. I will not fall for your chicanery .
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Abaua1 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Chief, we already have so many walls - yes, so many walls - on the US/Mexican border, so ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

kajifu wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Abaua1 wrote:
bully12 wrote:

Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

Odas wrote:
Abaua1 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Chief, we already have so many walls - yes, so many walls - on the US/Mexican border, so ...