NFF owes Rohr 3 Months..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF owes Rohr 3 Months..

Post by Purity »

desperate effort to source money to pay the Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr his salary arrears.

The development came barely a day after Cameroon’s Belgian coach Hugo Broos threatened to quit his role at the Indomitable Lions over management and funding problems in the team, who won the Africa Cup of Nations for the fifth-time in Gabon on February 5.

Cameroon, who are the hosts of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, face Nigeria in a Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying double-header on August 28 and September 2.

The PUNCH exclusively reported in January that the NFF was in dire financial straits — and was battling to secure a regular source of income for Rohr’s $4,700- a-month salary from the beginning of this year.

It was learnt on Thursday that the German manager’s employers had yet to pay him his January and February salaries.

But SCORENigeria claimed on Thursday that Rohr was being owed three months’ salary by the NFF.

“Rohr has not been paid for three months now. The NFF say they are broke,” the outlet quoted an unnamed source as saying.

To avoid the embarrassment of failing to pay Rohr, it was learnt that the NFF was discussing with three companies to take over the payment of the former Burkina Faso coach’s salary.

The NFF is also said to be worried about how to pay the bonuses and allowances of the players during the Africa Cup of Nations and World Cup qualifiers.

But the NFF allegedly suspended contract talks with the firms due to the internal wrangling over the federation president Amaju Pinnick’s nomination for the CAF executive committee election and his involvement in electioneering.

Pinnick dethroned his fierce opponent Moucharafou Anjorin of Benin Republic in the March 16 CAF election in Addis Ababa to become the third Nigerian to become a member of the continental body’s executive after Oyo Orok Oyo and Amos Adamu.

Our correspondent learnt that the NFF had revived talks with a number of companies, including the three they had earlier approached for help, to raise money for Rohr’s salary.

Although the coach is said to be unhappy with the development, the prospect of helping Nigeria qualify for the World Cup and dishing out instructions from the dugout to the three-time African champions in Russia delights the 63-year-old former Niger coach.

However, spokesman for the NFF Ademola Olajire said he was not aware if Rohr is being owed by the federation.

“I am not aware if the NFF is owing the Eagles coach,” Olajire told The PUNCH on the telephone on Thursday.

“ If the coach is owed, I believe he would have come out to say that he is being owed. We should rather focus on the positives of the team rather than distract them with negativities such as this.

“The coach is building a young team of success-hungry players, that should be the focus of every Nigerian and not unsubstantiated rumours like whether the coach is being owed or not.”

http://punchng.com/crisis-looms-for-eag ... -pay-rohr/
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF owes Rohr 3 Months..

Post by Coach »

Assuming Nigerian sport receives government funding, where has that allocated to the Football federation gone? If true to its claim(unlikely), Rohr must take a portion of blame here, a culture continues for as long as t'is acceptable to the people. Who in their right mind, works for 1 month sans pay, let alone three? The first arrears should've triggered legal action, employment tribunals and resignation. Nigeria will never learn if people refuse to teach it the bitter lessons it so desperately deserves.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The last time i checked. The nff had deal with Capital oil to pay Rohr's salary.. Andy Uba is in Efcc custody .
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Is this news ...mscheeewwwww.. Real news is to hear that his salaries are being paid!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:Is this news ...mscheeewwwww.. Real news is to hear that his salaries are being paid!
Sad but :agree: with you.Our people every where in Africa are like this
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

About time we outsourced the running of the NFF to professionals and had a mass clear out. Any serious organisation has a budget with plans on how it will fund activities..To be struggling to pay match bonuses is just a damn shame and here we our courting overseas players to switch allegiance.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The issue of nonpayment of salaries in our country is widespread as I saw when I visited home this February/March. Anywhere I turned to, salaries are not being paid to workers. In some cases, employers would terminate employees instead of paying and would call-in Police Officers to arrest anyone who dares to ask for payment of salaries owed to him/her
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Odas wrote:The issue of nonpayment of salaries in our country is widespread as I saw when I visited home this February/March. Anywhere I turned to, salaries are not being paid to workers. In some cases, employers would terminate employees instead of paying and would call-in Police Officers to arrest anyone who dares to ask for payment of salaries owed to him/her
really unfair for business that do that. obviously such businesses closes down in due course.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

walesvilla wrote:
Odas wrote:The issue of nonpayment of salaries in our country is widespread as I saw when I visited home this February/March. Anywhere I turned to, salaries are not being paid to workers. In some cases, employers would terminate employees instead of paying and would call-in Police Officers to arrest anyone who dares to ask for payment of salaries owed to him/her
really unfair for business that do that. obviously such businesses closes down in due course.
Not n Nigeria bro! Owing salary is normal to n Nigeria. As of March this yr the FGN owed 3 months salary to the federal workforce except for police and military,they're the only ones paid on time in Nigeria. It sounds funny but the fact that ROHR is owed 3mths is really not a big deal. The NFF staff is probably owed more.
OCCUPY NFF!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Purity wrote:The last time i checked. The nff had deal with Capital oil to pay Rohr's salary.. Andy Uba is in Efcc custody .
:mrgreen:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

platinum wrote:
Purity wrote:The last time i checked. The nff had deal with Capital oil to pay Rohr's salary.. Andy Uba is in Efcc custody .
:mrgreen:

O Pari! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

With all the money being thrown around on useless personal jamborees by NFF officials?
Who wants to bail out these NFF clueless officials who pay themselves but not those doing the real work?
Meanwhile 'Egg head' is having a picnic in London.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

$4,700 a month? No, that can't be right.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Coach wrote:Assuming Nigerian sport receives government funding, where has that allocated to the Football federation gone? If true to its claim(unlikely), Rohr must take a portion of blame here, a culture continues for as long as t'is acceptable to the people. Who in their right mind, works for 1 month sans pay, let alone three? The first arrears should've triggered legal action, employment tribunals and resignation. Nigeria will never learn if people refuse to teach it the bitter lessons it so desperately deserves.
Coach, the way it works is that your employer, dressed in expansive smiles, announces grand intentions at the beginning. The conscientious employee, deep in the trenches, grits his teeth upon noticing his account not refreshed at the end of the month. By which time, of course, it is now Month 2 or 3.

And then, confronted with the fact by a now distracted, disappointed and angry employee, the scoundrel smiles even bigger (the halitosis now an accompanying bother), and says: "Really? We never pay you? Abeg let me check with the bank!"

By the time you see him again, it is at least Month 4, and you are hearing how hard he has been working to borrow money for you or to find someone to "take over the payments". Nigeria, learn? You are kidding!
Last edited by Polly on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I laf :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The man no care, don't pay him, NFA go hear from the football court and body in Europe. This no be naija coach.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

He should resign if he is unhappy that his salary is not paid as at when due! Nonsense.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Eeee don start.

<
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:Is this news ...mscheeewwwww.. Real news is to hear that his salaries are being paid!
:lol: I'll be shocked to hear he's been paid till December. They may have signed a frivolous payment arrangement with Andy Uba's company who's now in EFCC wahala.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:$4,700 a month? No, that can't be right.

That raised eyebrows too. It cant be that low. They are missing a zero
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Meanwhile your Naija embassy staff are owed upwards of 5-6 months.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bushboy wrote:$4,700 a month? No, that can't be right.
No! I don't believe $4,700 a month as salary for Rohr is correct either.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

more like $47,000 / mo