Kelechi Iheanacho Offers Best Chance Of Surpassing Yekini

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

themainman
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Iheanacho Offers Best Chance Of Surpassing Yekini

Post by themainman »

"And believe me I don't want to jinx it too.

The Goalfather's record stands at 37 goals in 58 appearances. An impressive goal ratio of 0.64. So impressive that of all the Nigerian players to hit double figures for the Super Eagles with any amount of appearances, none comes close to the ratio.

Such was the reliability of the Goalfather, that even though he was not the most clinical and to be fair quite wasteful, you expected him to get you a goal"

Link- http://www.wolexis.com/2017/03/kelechi- ... ce-of.html

I saw this and thought to share. Quite a nice analysis to it
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Offers Best Chance Of Surpassing Yekin

Post by Odas »

themainman wrote:"And believe me I don't want to jinx it too.

The Goalfather's record stands at 37 goals in 58 appearances. An impressive goal ratio of 0.64. So impressive that of all the Nigerian players to hit double figures for the Super Eagles with any amount of appearances, none comes close to the ratio.

Such was the reliability of the Goalfather, that even though he was not the most clinical and to be fair quite wasteful, you expected him to get you a goal"

Link- http://www.wolexis.com/2017/03/kelechi- ... ce-of.html

I saw this and thought to share. Quite a nice analysis to it
Ok, but what has "Kelechi Iheanacho" have to do with this? To sensationalize?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I don't envisage Kelechi reaching stardom to the level of Yekeni. He apparently devoid of hunger . He is not regularly playing at Manchester city but in a recent interview he claims he loves the team that definitely indicates he is satisfied with his situation in the team. Surely he lacks the zeal to be the best. With such complacent attitudes I don't see coming close to Yekeni's record.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

??
Yekini broke into the SE in '84/85 and did not become "Yekini" until '90/92. Prior to '90, he was very wasteful. Nacho only broke in last year and is ahead of Yekini at this stage of his career.

bully12 wrote:I don't envisage Kelechi reaching stardom to the level of Yekeni. He apparently devoid of hunger . He is not regularly playing at Manchester city but in a recent interview he claims he loves the team that definitely indicates he is satisfied with his situation in the team. Surely he lacks the zeal to be the best. With such complacent attitudes I don't see coming close to Yekeni's record.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Can we get Lookman from Everton? He hasn't played senior national team ball yet.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Some folks are truly bereft of common sense...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Olayemi14 wrote:??
Yekini broke into the SE in '84/85 and did not become "Yekini" until '90/92. Prior to '90, he was very wasteful. Nacho only broke in last year and is ahead of Yekini at this stage of his career.

bully12 wrote:I don't envisage Kelechi reaching stardom to the level of Yekeni. He apparently devoid of hunger . He is not regularly playing at Manchester city but in a recent interview he claims he loves the team that definitely indicates he is satisfied with his situation in the team. Surely he lacks the zeal to be the best. With such complacent attitudes I don't see coming close to Yekeni's record.
KPOM, Yekini broke into the national team in 83/84.
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I think he can but he will have to leave city first for that to happen. They are holding him back.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Tbite wrote:I think he can but he will have to leave city first for that to happen. They are holding him back.
succinctly and exactly what I'm saying. But if he develops Mikel's phlegmatic and copacetic attitude to whatever is dished out to him in Manchester city he is heading nowhere . He must have some hunger in him , quit to accept limitations impose on him , be willing to move on to other teams that will give enough chance to compete . I was disappointed when he said recently he is very happy with Manchester city. I hope we don't have another Mikel in making