Pochettino on Okocha Jayjay.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pochettino on Okocha Jayjay.

Post by kajifu »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:“I always say to him, ‘Mousa, when I write my book, you will be one of my genius players that I have been lucky enough to meet,’” Pochettino said. “One was Maradona; also Ronaldinho, Okocha and Iván de la Peña – he was a genius, too – and then Mousa. We always tell Mousa that if we had taken him at 18 or 19, he would have become one of the best players in the world.” :thumbs:
Is Okocha now called "Mousa"? I thought his other name was ""Muhammet Yavuz".

Anyway, people loved entertainers. Was Okocha a footballer? :?

No sir. He was a genius!!!

Kanu pulls a move, and 2-3 moves later, you begin to decipher the first move....GENIUS. Examples....I remember Kanu heighting someone (Tottenham or Chelsea), and before we could admire the beauty of the move, ball was in the net.

JJ pulls a move...a minute later, everyone is still clapping, BUT one of 2 things are more likely to happen.
1. Birds get threatened by an ICBM, or
2. Opposition gets the ball, some boring player named Laudrup figures that JJ's moves have confused and pulled an Oliseh out of position, so heights a Taribo, and another more boring player called Sand puts the ball in the Nigerian net. *** This is an example, and perhaps not the exact sequence of events*** Game ends, and people spend the next 20 years talking about those spectacular moves JJ pulled in that match.

JJ was a supremely gifted player, and did a lot of Naija, in spite of his shenanigans, but genius he was NOT.
Did you see the Free-Kick from 35 yards v Algeria in a WCQualifier?
Score was 0-1, crowd was getting nervous. Our WC debut dreams were disintegrating as SEagles toiled in the Lagos heat for 19 minutes after Algeria opened scoring...(1981 again?)
Free-Kick. Up stepped JJ Okocha. 35 yards out. Boom. Algeria keeper went the wrong way, ball rested in the net. (the best set-piece I ever witnessed at sports-city; and I saw many)

What about Feb 2004?
2004 AFCON QF: Cameroun again? Scores 0-1...SEagles struggling... Free-Kick...20yards out...JJ Okocha...boom.
Kameni is rooted to the spot. Ball rests in the net. 1-1.

2 examples of genius.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: please what about the 2000 final in Lagos game 1-2 Cameroon looking to end the game in 90 minutes OUT OF NO WHERE JAY JAY TIE THE GAME TO FORCED EXTRA TIME.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:“I always say to him, ‘Mousa, when I write my book, you will be one of my genius players that I have been lucky enough to meet,’” Pochettino said. “One was Maradona; also Ronaldinho, Okocha and Iván de la Peña – he was a genius, too – and then Mousa. We always tell Mousa that if we had taken him at 18 or 19, he would have become one of the best players in the world.” :thumbs:

Kanu pulls a move, and 2-3 moves later, you begin to decipher the first move....GENIUS. Examples....I remember Kanu heighting someone (Tottenham or Chelsea), and before we could admire the beauty of the move, ball was in the net.

JJ pulls a move...a minute later, everyone is still clapping, BUT one of 2 things are more likely to happen.
2. Opposition gets the ball, some boring player named Laudrup figures that JJ's moves have confused and pulled an Oliseh out of position, so heights a Taribo, and another more boring player called Sand puts the ball in the Nigerian net. *** This is an example, and perhaps not the exact sequence of events*** Game ends, and people spend the next 20 years talking about those spectacular moves JJ pulled in that match.

JJ was a supremely gifted player, and did a lot of Naija, in spite of his shenanigans, but genius he was NOT.
You wrote about Kanu and you used club match, but when writing about Okocha you used the match against Denmark. The irony is, Kanu played in that game against Denmark and your "genius" was as horrible as anything I've ever seen in NIgerian football. You conveniently forgot a sublime pass Okocha gave to Kanu in that game that he huffed and puffed his way and still couldn't find the wide open net. Nice try, sir.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

kajifu wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Score was 0-1, crowd was getting nervous. Our WC debut dreams were disintegrating as SEagles toiled in the Lagos heat for 19 minutes after Algeria opened scoring...(1981 again?)
Free-Kick. Up stepped JJ Okocha. 35 yards out. Boom. Algeria keeper went the wrong way, ball rested in the net. (the best set-piece I ever witnessed at sports-city; and I saw many)

What about Feb 2004?
2004 AFCON QF: Cameroun again? Scores 0-1...SEagles struggling... Free-Kick...20yards out...JJ Okocha...boom.

2 examples of genius.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: please what about the 2000 final in Lagos game 1-2 Cameroon looking to end the game in 90 minutes OUT OF NO WHERE JAY JAY TIE THE GAME TO FORCED EXTRA TIME.
See, the funny thing is, we can remember almost everything Jayjay did in gwg. There are many pictures of Jayjay in our heads. Jayjay bled GWG. He put the team on his back. The man was a genius. On this thread alone I've counted about ten things jayjay did in GWG. Years later we are still talking about him. Oh Jayjay!! I love you pass ma mama!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When will Okocha stop writing these self aggrandizing quotes about himself?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Jay jay - ultimate Oga Sir. A blessing to Nigeria.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

1naija wrote:When will Okocha stop writing these self aggrandizing quotes about himself?

don't mind him....3 WCs, zero goals, zero assists. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

What about Feb 2004?

2 examples of genius.
Ok, you have convinced me. It takes a genius based in the UK to get lost in London and miss a Naija match :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

What about Feb 2004?

2 examples of genius.
Na wow for you o! I am not surprised that you guys from Cameroon are applauding JJ. God save una say I no get liver re-watch that game, but I could have sworn that he squandered some critical chances in that game. One of your Cam compatriots actually said he thought JJ played for them in that match :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

What about Feb 2004?

2 examples of genius.
Na wow for you o! I am not surprised that you guys from Cameroon are applauding JJ. God save una say I no get liver re-watch that game, but I could have sworn that he squandered some critical chances in that game. One of your Cam compatriots actually said he thought JJ played for them in that match :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
This guy, the match is on youtube, he didn't squander any such chances, he scored his ICBM and created chances that others fluffed. He then scored his PK. What else do you want from the bobo?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:When will Okocha stop writing these self aggrandizing quotes about himself?

don't mind him....3 WCs, zero goals, zero assists. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
But you prefer the one that went to 3 WCs, zero goal, zero impact. 5 ANCs, zero goal. Even the assist that cld have gone to Okocha, he fluffed it. The one that's scared to play penalty, cldn't play free kicks or any deadball in whatever form.
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Having had the privilege of watching Jay Jay Okocha countless times, especially in the flesh and witnessing and experiencing the awe and respect with which he was accorded by his peers world wide... i have to say no matter what we say here on this forum he is considered one of the greats of the game. Along with his buddy...Kanu Nwankwo.

I can still remember vividly the respect that both Kanu and Jay Jay garnered not only amongst African footballers of the time like George Weah, Eto o Fils, Mboma, Vivien Foe (RIP), Rigobert Song, Etame Mayer Lauren, Geremi etc but also amongst world stars like Ronaldo -Original, Rivaldo, Luis Figo, Ruis Costa, Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, Zola, Zidane, Bebeto, Romario ec.

I was fortunate enough to do a bit of work with both geniuses back then.... and boy was Nigerian football represented by these two fantasia players at a legendary high. I do find it amusing when i see people arguing about who was the genius of the two... let me just quote a young CIV star back in the noughties.... "Nigeria are lucky to have Kanu and Jay Jay.... one is a Wizard and the other a Magician"

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

No difference between Shriners and folks that voted for Buhari. :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

You guys are pathetic; truth is - Okocha was talented enough for every smart Nigerian to have cashed in, then again the shortsightedness is concomitant & plagues even the simplest of things - things like marketing crude which common rogues & rag tag armies do efficiently from no front office.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EagleGunner wrote:Having had the privilege of watching Jay Jay Okocha countless times, especially in the flesh and witnessing and experiencing the awe and respect with which he was accorded by his peers world wide... i have to say no matter what we say here on this forum he is considered one of the greats of the game. Along with his buddy...Kanu Nwankwo.

I can still remember vividly the respect that both Kanu and Jay Jay garnered not only amongst African footballers of the time like George Weah, Eto o Fils, Mboma, Vivien Foe (RIP), Rigobert Song, Etame Mayer Lauren, Geremi etc but also amongst world stars like Ronaldo -Original, Rivaldo, Luis Figo, Ruis Costa, Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, Zola, Zidane, Bebeto, Romario ec.

I was fortunate enough to do a bit of work with both geniuses back then.... and boy was Nigerian football represented by these two fantasia players at a legendary high. I do find it amusing when i see people arguing about who was the genius of the two... let me just quote a young CIV star back in the noughties.... "Nigeria are lucky to have Kanu and Jay Jay.... one is a Wizard and the other a Magician"
What is this? This is the type of tales by the moonlight you tell to people like yemibrassiere and Princess who had no cable or TV in the late 90s to early 2000s to know the reality was quite the opposite. Please edit this before some teenager stumble over it and think that's how it really was.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
EagleGunner wrote:Having had the privilege of watching Jay Jay Okocha countless times, especially in the flesh and witnessing and experiencing the awe and respect with which he was accorded by his peers world wide... i have to say no matter what we say here on this forum he is considered one of the greats of the game. Along with his buddy...Kanu Nwankwo.

What is this? This is the type of tales by the moonlight you tell to people like yemibrassiere and Princess who had no cable or TV in the late 90s to early 2000s to know the reality was quite the opposite. Please edit this before some teenager stumble over it and think that's how it really was.
:lol: Yeye man.. where your pink pinafor?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:

Unku, you no see say bobo indict imsef? He tok say pesin call one a 'Wizard' di oda a 'Magician'? TMWMP is a circus act... who later in his career decided to learn how to play football with odas. There's only one King... even sef, I will choose the consummate pro, Finidi George over that ball juggler who keeps flashing his teeth and never learned how to summersault properly...

To think pesin even wan credit am with awa Olympic gold? Chei! Just like dat time another pesin score and TMWMP commot jersey to display his t-shirt way im write sontin for Aunty Nkechi. :D :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

People who don't like Jay Jay Okocha don't like football.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The YeyeMan wrote:People who don't like Jay Jay Okocha don't like football.
Murds, isn't there a feature you can add to the site that deletes nonsense limited space wasting posts before they are posted?

Thanks in advance as you implement this important feature.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
Murds, isn't there a feature you can add to the site that deletes nonsense limited space wasting posts before they are posting.

There is such a feature but many argued it should not be used because most of your posts would have been deleted a long time ago :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:
Murds, isn't there a feature you can add to the site that deletes nonsense limited space wasting posts before they are posting.

There is such a feature but many argued it should not be used because most of your posts would have been deleted a long time ago :sneaky:
Murds, see what I'm talking about? If we had this feature the above wasted space would have been saved.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:

Pa Jimoh, that feature was removed because you complained that Pa J is an Aba product and you are the original.

How many times can we deal with your complaint about being accidentally deleted on purpose?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chei, "each on his own", origins unknown
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

It seems to me Jay Jay is accepted more as a good footballer now he is retired than when he was active. If he was that good during his playing days how come none of the elite teams came for him. Now his name rings a bell every time popular footballers are mentioned. It doesn't make any sense to me