Arsenal 2 v 2 City (Sane, Walcott, Aguero, Mustaffi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 2 v 2 City (Sane, Walcott, Aguero, Mustaffi)

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
tolahs wrote:I've heard of those Middle East teams - Saddam's Iraq for example where losing & coming home meant caning on the soles of the feet - we played with such nerves, one has to wonder where the fear comes from.
All it takes for that fear to creep in is a string of losses

Yup! Look at United yesterday... you could see fear in their game once the game started. It was like "Oh! No! not another small team at Old Trafford again." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Both teams were useless
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:WOW! See what happened at the Emirates.

B-b-b-baby, , no you aint seen nothing yet! A good punch-up has been promised and will be delivered.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I am going to be a huuuuuuuuge City fan come Wednesday :D.
Nah I dont care about City. I want Chelsea to spank them.
What are you about willis :evil:? Why won't you want City to win? I seriously doubt you want Spurs to win the league :sneaky:.
:???: Spurs can win the league. Chelsea should beat City.
I'll take all the help we can get including City further holding Chelsea from adding more points to their tally. City can't catch Spurs so long as we keep winning our matches.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

There it is, good money gone, celebrating a point at home. 18 adrift. Pathetic.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Without Kos, Beloved won 1-nil.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I'll be interested to see what a proper poll of Arsenal fans says about where they stand wrt AW...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
What are you about willis :evil:? Why won't you want City to win? I seriously doubt you want Spurs to win the league :sneaky:.
I'll take all the help we can get including City further holding Chelsea from adding more points to their tally. City can't catch Spurs so long as we keep winning our matches.
Don't mind C2, he thinks there's half the season left. Chelsea wind and it becomes more difficult. As it stands we also need to win all our games. Definitely it's Chelsea's to lose. It's in their own hands
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Rethinking this game, I think Pep made a mistake bringing Yaya on.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:Rethinking this game, I think Pep made a mistake bringing Yaya on.
If you see the rubbish Sterling was playing , then you will understand why he had to go that route
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Player Ratings

1. Ospina: 7.0: should have done better on the second goal but other than that was calm and immense .... very good performance :clap:

2. Monreal: 7.5: Found a lot of room roaming down the flank and held his own in his battles Sterling and Navas. Final ball still not good enough though.

3. Bellerin: 7.0: an early game mix up caught him out of position against one of the hottest and fastest prospects in football, but after the goal very little was seen from Sane after that. Needs to work on defensive positioning and final ball.

4. Mustafi: 8.0: dropped a clanged early in the game but made up for it with a great header to save a point. Showed a lot of leadership in the absence of KOS, with some last ditch tackles. One of the best Performances he has had in an Arsenal jersey.

5. KOS : 6.0: Hurt and yanked at halftime. Looked leggy throughout the game. Needs to get back to his best ASAP.

6. Xhaka:3.0: absolutely shocking and was lucky not to have been sent off for another rash and potential second booking .... too slow, too stupid and too overrated to play at the top level. Waste of money.

7. Le Coq: 3.0: Too small, too slow and another mental midget who was lucky not have seen red. Needs to be shipped out asap ...

8. Sanchez: 6.5: lost the ball far too many times earlier on in the game but grew into the contest .... clearly doesn't want to be at the Emirates any more.

9. Ozil: 3.0: an absolute shocker and a stinker. Please don't offer this loser another contract and bin him for free. Absolutely worthless player and waste of space :curse:

10. Welbeck: 5.0: huffed and puffed but not ready to lead the line in this kinda game .... still match rusty and misses playing with Lucas :sneaky:

11. Walcott: 6.0: Theo is who he is ..... nothing more to add.

Giroud: 2.0: shockingly slow and cumbersome ...like a crippled donkey at the Kentucky derby. But then again with no service from the flank why even bother with him on the field

Iwobi: 6.0: had a great chance to be a hero but fluffed it. But showed some great touches moving forward. He is definitely not a wing player
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Don't mind C2, he thinks there's half the season left. Chelsea wind and it becomes more difficult. As it stands we also need to win all our games. Definitely it's Chelsea's to lose. It's in their own hands

See these palm wine rappers and cocoyam farmers dey infiltrate an Arsenal game thread .... kaii world don spoil :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

My Son, 7.0...comical. Leroy Amandianeze Sane had him sweeping the compound more often than not. Positionally inept, already in Mayfair.

Minus the pointless Champions League qualification, who can be attracted beyond the bog standard? A few bargain buys from Ligue 1 and a couple of cast offs from the Man Us and Chelseas.

A draw does nothing for no one. Almost as bad as a defeat.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

See these palm wine rappers and cocoyam farmers dey infiltrate an Arsenal game thread .... kaii world don spoil :curse:
Like you dey Sta out of REALLY HOTSPURS own abi? Take anoda keg of palmy jo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Eh Palm wine Tapper, as your masters we can invade whenever we want :taunt: :taunt: but these days wey our biatches and vasssals dey congregate in our midst with confido get as e be :curse: no worry sha normal service will soon be resumed :woot:

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

oloye wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Toure should have gone for it instead of trying to deliver the final pass.
He has been rubbish so far..he is playing like some who has been told he wont be offered a new contract
Arsene should offer Toure a contract, he is much better than the rubbish in arsenal midfield
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:Eh Palm wine Tapper, as your masters we can invade whenever we want :taunt: :taunt: but these days wey our biatches and vasssals dey congregate in our midst with confido get as e be :curse: no worry sha normal service will soon be resumed :woot:
Stop disturbing my rolling on the floor moment watching mugoons suffer and fight each other on the terraces like useless cvnts :rotf:
Until your so called normal service is resumed make I :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Eh Palm wine Tapper, as your masters we can invade whenever we want :taunt: :taunt: but these days wey our biatches and vasssals dey congregate in our midst with confido get as e be :curse: no worry sha normal service will soon be resumed :woot:
Stop disturbing my rolling on the floor moment watching mugoons suffer and fight each other on the terraces like useless cvnts :rotf:
Until your so called normal service is resumed make I :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I need to talk to my babalawo About you ... keep talking something dey await you on top of that palm tree ... don't say you weren't warned :curse:

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

I need to talk to my babalawo About you ... keep talking something dey await you on top of that palm tree ... don't say you weren't warned :curse:
I employ technology to tap palmy, We don't climb trees anymore. The union won't allow it :tic:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...phew, no more cries for Wenger head until....calamity happens, again :lol: :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
My view is simple. I dont care about the other teams' games. I want Spurs to win all of theirs. Forget the formulas. We are up against a big mental block, recent history and we want to make the last season at WHL memorable. We are unbeaten at home this year in the league. To keep that record, we have to beat Watford, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Man Utd! Then we can give the old lady a solid send off.

On the league, we have a very tough run-in over our last six games. But before then we need to win Swansea (a), Watford (h) and Bournemouth (h) then we can retake a look at the season. I want us to break our points record set under AVB. I want us to prove that we have given our best shot.

My view is consistent. This is a marathon not a sprint. It is a 38 game season not a 28 game season. It is about squad management, talent and drive. It is about focus, mental strength and desire. IMHO we dont have the squad strength (injuries are now pouring in) but at least we will make sure we give a good fight.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
My view is simple. I dont care about the other teams' games. I want Spurs to win all of theirs. Forget the formulas. We are up against a big mental block, recent history and we want to make the last season at WHL memorable. We are unbeaten at home this year in the league. To keep that record, we have to beat Watford, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Man Utd! Then we can give the old lady a solid send off.

On the league, we have a very tough run-in over our last six games. But before then we need to win Swansea (a), Watford (h) and Bournemouth (h) then we can retake a look at the season. I want us to break our points record set under AVB. I want us to prove that we have given our best shot.

My view is consistent. This is a marathon not a sprint. It is a 38 game season not a 28 game season. It is about squad management, talent and drive. It is about focus, mental strength and desire. IMHO we dont have the squad strength (injuries are now pouring in) but at least we will make sure we give a good fight.
A good fight is a given and Poch stresses on this. The team need to fight and be ready to exploit any lapses from Chelsea. Same ad last year just a different blues. It's theirs to lose, so every help we can get coin but we ourselves must be in a position to exploit it. If we both win all our games then you're e know what will happen so we need the likes of Man City to take points off Chelsea. It prolongs the season a bit more
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Iwobi should have chipped for an open Giroud to nod in late on.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu