Pinnick biggest gamble according to him

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Pinnick biggest gamble according to him

Post by highbury »

Pinnick: Hiring Rohr, Opposing Hayatou In CAF Elections My Biggest Gambles
5 APR 2017 HEADLINES, TOP STORIES

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:

President of Nigeria Football Federation – NFF, Amaju Pinnick, has revealed that hiring a foreign coach for the Super Eagles and leading the fight to upstage Issa Hayatou as CAF president were two major gambles he has taken in his life as football administrator, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Pinnick told journalists in Abuja Tuesday that in the case of hiring a foreign coach, it was a gamble that would have backfired if the Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Tour had not justified the huge amount expended on him with excellent results.

"Hiring Gernot Rohr was a gamble we the NFF Executive Committee took to save our national team after local coaches failed to deliver. Rohr has given our football hope with his unbeaten run since he took charge, and it will be mission accomplished when we get a World Cup ticket," Pinnick told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"The other gamble we took was my spearheading the campaign to install a new leadership in CAF. It was a decision by a group who wanted a change from the old tradition of managing the game in Africa. I know the backlash could have been terrible if we had failed, but thank God we succeeded," Pinnick who also won a seat in CAF Executive Committee added.

He continued: "We are now in charge of affairs in CAF, and it can only rub off positively on Nigeria and Africa. Our loyalty to Ahmad Ahmad is 100 percent and by the end of the eight years, we would have taken African football to the next level."

Tags: Amaju Pinnick, CAF, Issa Hayatou

Is he mad? First of all, we don't know if his first gamble will succeed because we haven't qualified for the World Cup thus far. Did Keshi not win the AFCON in 2013? What is this Oyinbo yansh licker saying? The NFF chairman is a confirmed Oyinbo yansh licker.
His # 1 loyalty has to be to Nigeria, not Ahmad. The only thing I will give him is that he is our first NFF chairman that had the best command of the English Language. He is decent with words.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick biggest gamble according to him

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote:Pinnick: Hiring Rohr, Opposing Hayatou In CAF Elections My Biggest Gambles

President of Nigeria Football Federation – NFF, Amaju Pinnick, has revealed that hiring a foreign coach for the Super Eagles and leading the fight to upstage Issa Hayatou as CAF president were two major gambles he has taken in his life as football administrator, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Pinnick told journalists in Abuja Tuesday that in the case of hiring a foreign coach, it was a gamble that would have backfired if the Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Tour had not justified the huge amount expended on him with excellent results.

"Hiring Gernot Rohr was a gamble we the NFF Executive Committee took to save our national team after local coaches failed to deliver. Rohr has given our football hope with his unbeaten run since he took charge, and it will be mission accomplished when we get a World Cup ticket," Pinnick told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"The other gamble we took was my spearheading the campaign to install a new leadership in CAF. It was a decision by a group who wanted a change from the old tradition of managing the game in Africa. I know the backlash could have been terrible if we had failed, but thank God we succeeded," Pinnick who also won a seat in CAF Executive Committee added.

He continued: "We are now in charge of affairs in CAF, and it can only rub off positively on Nigeria and Africa. Our loyalty to Ahmad Ahmad is 100 percent and by the end of the eight years, we would have taken African football to the next level."

Is he mad? First of all, we don't know if his first gamble will succeed because we haven't qualified for the World Cup thus far. Did Keshi not win the AFCON in 2013? What is this Oyinbo yansh licker saying? The NFF chairman is a confirmed Oyinbo yansh licker.
His # 1 loyalty has to be to Nigeria, not Ahmad. The only thing I will give him is that he is our first NFF chairman that had the best command of the English Language. He is decent with words.

Counting the chickens before the eggs hatch!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Pinnick biggest gamble according to him

Post by highbury »

Enugu II wrote:
highbury wrote:Pinnick: Hiring Rohr, Opposing Hayatou In CAF Elections My Biggest Gambles

Counting the chickens before the eggs hatch!!

Dont mind Pinnick. Even his name tells you that the stain of the slave master is upon him. Look thru his articulation and you will see the real man. Na real Oyinbo yansh licker. Very soon most players in our national team with be foreign or mixed breed. The only local players might be the albino ones :biggrin: :biggrin: