Pochettino on Okocha Jayjay.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
Pochettino on Okocha Jayjay.

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

“I always say to him, ‘Mousa, when I write my book, you will be one of my genius players that I have been lucky enough to meet,’” Pochettino said. “One was Maradona; also Ronaldinho, Okocha and Iván de la Peña – he was a genius, too – and then Mousa. We always tell Mousa that if we had taken him at 18 or 19, he would have become one of the best players in the world.” :thumbs:
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pochettino on Okocha Jayjay.

Post by pajimoh »

You're too fast :tic: Was just about to post this. Where are the haters now? 1Naira :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

They played together at PSG :thumb:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:“I always say to him, ‘Mousa, when I write my book, you will be one of my genius players that I have been lucky enough to meet,’” Pochettino said. “One was Maradona; also Ronaldinho, Okocha and Iván de la Peña – he was a genius, too – and then Mousa. We always tell Mousa that if we had taken him at 18 or 19, he would have become one of the best players in the world.” :thumbs:
Is Okocha now called "Mousa"? I thought his other name was ""Muhammet Yavuz".

Anyway, people loved entertainers. Was Okocha a footballer? :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
Dembele.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bushboy wrote:^^^
Dembele.
You have mo idea about Dembele. He is super talented but seems to me to be too relaxed. Could have achieved more.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/tot ... midfielder
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:“I always say to him, ‘Mousa, when I write my book, you will be one of my genius players that I have been lucky enough to meet,’” Pochettino said. “One was Maradona; also Ronaldinho, Okocha and Iván de la Peña – he was a genius, too – and then Mousa. We always tell Mousa that if we had taken him at 18 or 19, he would have become one of the best players in the world.” :thumbs:

No sir. He was a genius!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
bushboy wrote:^^^
Dembele.
You have mo idea about Dembele. He is super talented but seems to me to be too relaxed. Could have achieved more.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/tot ... midfielder
:clap:

I always find him very relaxed but he is super talented

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Real recognize real!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Everyone and they mama knows JJ was a genius and gets mad respect from everyone in the football world...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:You're too fast :tic: Was just about to post this. Where are the haters now? 1Naira :sneaky:
You mean say "1Naija" don becom "1Naira?" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:

Oga Cellular, the man (JJ) bin good, but na wetin him give us?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I saw this article this morning. Poch knows his stuff.

JayJay Okocha, so good they named him twice.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...JJ Okocha is so good people from all corners know him. Yeah, I have ran into people, when I introduce myself as from Nigeria, they scream "Okocha" or "JJ".
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:

AFCON
World Cup finals
Olympic gold medal
We finally beat Cameroon and Ghana in my lifetime.

Any odas question?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Now I see why Pochettino is so successful and in frame for the Barca job. He's a shriner and a mentee of Sir Alex Ferguson. Totally my kinda guy. :D
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Dembele is a player for me that if he were at Real Madrid, he would blend in very easily. He is one of the best midfielders I have watched. People gripe about his lack of goals. What I like is his control and the platform he provides for the likes of Erikson, Alli and Lamela to perform.

I am always amazed at his strength and agility. It is hard to find that combination in a player. He also smiles a fair bit as well. Puts him IMHO in the class of players I love watching play the game - Ronaldinho, Davids, Dembele, Okocha
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

felarey wrote:Now I see why Pochettino is so successful and in frame for the Barca job. He's a shriner and a mentee of Sir Alex Ferguson. Totally my kinda guy. :D
You mistake respect for shrining.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

kolinzo wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:

AFCON
World Cup finals
Olympic gold medal
We finally beat Cameroon and Ghana in my lifetime.

Any odas question?
Add: more positive PR to Nigeria (then, now, & in the future) than all the billions lavished on national image laundering in our history...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Kanu pulls a move, and 2-3 moves later, you begin to decipher the first move....GENIUS. Examples....I remember Kanu heighting someone (Tottenham or Chelsea), and before we could admire the beauty of the move, ball was in the net.

JJ pulls a move...a minute later, everyone is still clapping, BUT one of 2 things are more likely to happen.
1. Birds get threatened by an ICBM, or
2. Opposition gets the ball, some boring player named Laudrup figures that JJ's moves have confused and pulled an Oliseh out of position, so heights a Taribo, and another more boring player called Sand puts the ball in the Nigerian net. *** This is an example, and perhaps not the exact sequence of events*** Game ends, and people spend the next 20 years talking about those spectacular moves JJ pulled in that match.

JJ was a supremely gifted player, and did a lot of Naija, in spite of his shenanigans, but genius he was NOT.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Kanu pulls a move, and 2-3 moves later, you begin to decipher the first move....GENIUS. Examples....I remember Kanu heighting someone (Tottenham or Chelsea), and before we could admire the beauty of the move, ball was in the net.

JJ pulls a move...a minute later, everyone is still clapping, BUT one of 2 things are more likely to happen.
1. Birds get threatened by an ICBM, or
2. Opposition gets the ball, some boring player named Laudrup figures that JJ's moves have confused and pulled an Oliseh out of position, so heights a Taribo, and another more boring player called Sand puts the ball in the Nigerian net. *** This is an example, and perhaps not the exact sequence of events*** Game ends, and people spend the next 20 years talking about those spectacular moves JJ pulled in that match.

JJ was a supremely gifted player, and did a lot of Naija, in spite of his shenanigans, but genius he was NOT.
Did you see the Free-Kick from 35 yards v Algeria in a WCQualifier?
Score was 0-1, crowd was getting nervous. Our WC debut dreams were disintegrating as SEagles toiled in the Lagos heat for 19 minutes after Algeria opened scoring...(1981 again?)
Free-Kick. Up stepped JJ Okocha. 35 yards out. Boom. Algeria keeper went the wrong way, ball rested in the net. (the best set-piece I ever witnessed at sports-city; and I saw many)

What about Feb 2004?
2004 AFCON QF: Cameroun again? Scores 0-1...SEagles struggling... Free-Kick...20yards out...JJ Okocha...boom.
Kameni is rooted to the spot. Ball rests in the net. 1-1.

2 examples of genius.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly