Ahmed Musa Arrested!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Ahmed Musa Arrested!

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:I really feel for Musa. From the very little I know of him, he's a nice humble chap (I chatted with him while playing online poker against him some years back). As I mentioned previously in another thread (on the captainship matter) he needs to clear him mind and focus on his career. Regardless of the charges being dropped, the fact that this came to light does show that the man has too many unnecessary distractions in his life. He's in a super high pressure situation at Leicester City so he needs to die down the distractions and get back to being the good football player that brought him to this point in his career. Good luck Brother Musa.
I'm glad he is out but his card is marked. Another problem, I hope he is clear and innocent because if he is not, he will not be granted a visa into the USA because he is regarded as a violent offender.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffiman wrote:I'm glad he is out but his card is marked. Another problem, I hope he is clear and innocent because if he is not, he will not be granted a visa into the USA because he is regarded as a violent offender.
He'll be given the red carpet treatment in Russia though so it's all good.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote:I really feel for Musa. From the very little I know of him, he's a nice humble chap (I chatted with him while playing online poker against him some years back).
True, he's a nice, humble guy - he bought me a drink when I bumped into him at a strip club.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:I really feel for Musa. From the very little I know of him, he's a nice humble chap (I chatted with him while playing online poker against him some years back).
True, he's a nice, humble guy - he bought me a drink when I bumped into him at a strip club.
You are correct, very correct guy-We met at a Suya Joint(karuwa) :P in GRA Kano some few years ago
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I'm glad he is out but his card is marked. Another problem, I hope he is clear and innocent because if he is not, he will not be granted a visa into the USA because he is regarded as a violent offender.
He'll be given the red carpet treatment in Russia though so it's all good.
You dey kraze oh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Akure4Life,

Believe it or not, cases such as yours, are pretty common.

Men are typically more reluctant to admit that they are being abused. They tend to shrug off physical attacks like eg, wife slapping them or throwing stuffs at them.

The system is biased towards protecting women especially white women. I have defended my fair share of innocent men.

Case in point, heavily pregnant wife called the police and claimed that during an argument, her husband (my client) tried to push her through their second floor window. The police arrived and saw broken window glass in the inside of their bedroom. So you would think my client was toast!

Except that while the window glass was inside the apartment the window screen (aka mosquito net) was still intact inside the window. The CE engineers will explain that if somebody push you towards a window, and you use your hands against the window to break your fall, then both the window glass and the mosquito net will pop outside, not inside the apartment.

Never mind the fact that when the police arrived, they found the husband with a swollen right eye which he said resulted from his wife hitting him with the telephone (land line).

Husband story was different. They were arguing over money. Wife got mad, hit husband with the phone. Before husband could call police, wife called police and claimed husband attempted to kill her by trying to push her through the window.

True life story from the trenches.

We rejected all settlement offers and pushed for trial.

Case got dropped at the eve of trial after I pointed out the window glass lie to the prosecutor.

Not bad for an obioma like me.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Babylon system. May God shield Ahmed Musa and all of us from the pressures hat can lead to incidents such as this
Some men YUJAM do not need any 'pressure' to beat their women. For them, - and they are many - women are 'kept in check' that way and it has nothing to do with pressure.

A friend was telling me just recently how on the one hand he 'regretted' beating his wife a few months ago but in the same breath said 'she made me do it'. :shock:

Women can provoke a man beyond reason but the wise and mature thing is to walk away. Women too need to recognize that you cannot continue to poke (ie provoke) a man and expect him to lie down and just accept it. He either walks away (which they hate) or he reacts violently.
They just don't get it.

The natural response of the male to provocation is physical. Walking away takes a lot of self-control. Women have the additional option of crying and letting out their frustrations that way. Men don't have that option as we are 'deprogrammed' from crying from a very young age.

Still, too many men think beating a woman can be justified and I bet you there are many reading this right now that don't know what the hell we are talking about.
Spot on, Prince

My ex wife hit me for 5 good years. The only time i hit her back after 5 years of phycical abuse, she called the police

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Babylon system. May God shield Ahmed Musa and all of us from the pressures hat can lead to incidents such as this
Some men YUJAM do not need any 'pressure' to beat their women. For them, - and they are many - women are 'kept in check' that way and it has nothing to do with pressure.

A friend was telling me just recently how on the one hand he 'regretted' beating his wife a few months ago but in the same breath said 'she made me do it'. :shock:

Women can provoke a man beyond reason but the wise and mature thing is to walk away. Women too need to recognize that you cannot continue to poke (ie provoke) a man and expect him to lie down and just accept it. He either walks away (which they hate) or he reacts violently.
They just don't get it.

The natural response of the male to provocation is physical. Walking away takes a lot of self-control. Women have the additional option of crying and letting out their frustrations that way. Men don't have that option as we are 'deprogrammed' from crying from a very young age.

Still, too many men think beating a woman can be justified and I bet you there are many reading this right now that don't know what the hell we are talking about.
Spot on, Prince

My ex wife hit me for 5 good years. The only time i hit her back after 5 years of phycical abuse, she called the police
You can't compare hitting your wife to her hitting you though. You are in control when she hits you and can physically restrain her at any time... she's not in control when you hit her.

Funny how people are blaming babylon and some are asking for the wife to be shipped back... victim blaming

This is truly a repulsively stupid post! So stupid that idiocy has never seen such imbecility in writing. :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Your marriage could be in trouble if you resort to this during arguments
It can happen during the most mundane of conversations: You and your spouse are discussing the laundry or your kids’ upcoming school projects, and suddenly they say something that suggests you’re not doing your fair share.

Bring on the righteous indignation and defensiveness! You feel like they’re pointing fingers and perceive it as an attack. Unfortunately, that knee-jerk reaction is a bigger problem than you might expect. According to renowned researcher John Gottman, defensiveness is one of the greatest predictors of divorce there is.

For 40 years, the psychology professor and his team at the Gottman Institute have studied couples’ interactions to determine the key predictors of divorce — or as Gottman calls them, “the four horsemen of the apocalypse.” These communication sins are surprisingly common in most marriages: criticism, contempt, defensiveness and stonewalling, the term for emotionally withdrawing from your partner.

Gottman describes defensiveness as any attempt to defend oneself from perceived attack. That’s an easy mode to slip into, though; how do you curb the defensiveness before it becomes a bigger issue than it needs to be in your relationship? Below, marriage experts share their best advice for addressing it.

1. Don’t raise your voice.

“When you feel defensive, you have an instinctual urge to raise your voice. This comes from thousands of years of evolution. When you raise your voice it makes the other person feel more fearful and puts you in a dominant position. But you don’t want to make your partner feel ill at ease so instead of raising your voice, try to deliberately lower it. This will make you less defensive and make your partner less defensive, too. And you’ll be surprised how much better your conversations will go.” ? Aaron Anderson, a marriage and family therapist in Denver, Colorado

2. Ask yourself: Why am I getting defensive?

“Oftentimes when we’re defensive, we’re reacting to a wound we have received previously in life. It’s not uncommon for things we are defensive about as adults to relate to dynamics from family of origin. The paradox of intimate adult relationships is that we tend to choose partners who will evoke some of those very same frustrations and pains. It’s the work of an individual to understand where the need to become defensive originates from and address those underlying hurts and needs. It might not actually be your partner who is such a threat. Tuning into your own internal vulnerabilities is the first step to addressing, and preventing, the need for defensiveness.” ? Liz Higgins, a marriage and family therapist in Dallas, Texas

3. Instead of planning your next counterargument, actively listen to what your partner is saying.

“When someone is ranting and raving, it’s easy to plan your mental counter attack, but when you do that you are no longer listening to them and the message they’re trying to get across might get lost. Try to postpone your agenda and listen for points that make sense to you. Then let them know what makes sense. “ ? Danielle Kepler, a couples counselor in Chicago, Illinois

4. Stay on topic. Don’t bring up other things you’re annoyed about in your marriage.

“Remember what you’re arguing about. When people become defensive they have a tendency to lose sight of the problem at hand and bring up all kinds of other problems in an attempt to put the other person down and win the argument. When you do this to your partner you’ll find yourselves arguing in circles. Stay focused on the problem at hand and resist the urge to bring up other things, no matter how related you may think they are.” ? Anderson

5. Take responsibility for your part in the argument.

“I find that couples in my practice who are defensive really want their good intentions to be understood. As a result, when their partner expresses a need, they are quick to explain the reason they fell short, denying any responsibility and minimizing the problem. Sometimes they even feel like a victim and express that no matter what they do, it will never be good enough. This makes their partner feel unimportant and dismissed, causing resentment to build up. Instead, I ask couples to repeat their partner’s concern, acknowledge how they could feel this way, take responsibility for any part and respond to their request. ? Kari Carroll, a marriage and family therapist in Portland, Oregon

6. Hold the “but.”

“Using the word ‘but’ in an important conversation is one of the biggest communication no-nos. Every day I hear clients say something like ‘what you’re saying makes sense but...’ followed by reasons why their partner is wrong or doesn’t make sense. When you do this to your partner, you’re completely negating any validation you gave. You’re also demonstrating that your concern is more about what you want to say and less about what your partner is saying. If you are about to say ‘but’ just stop. Say ‘what you’re saying makes sense’’ and end the sentence.” ? Elizabeth Earnshaw, a marriage and family therapist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

7. Don’t intellectualize.

“I often find that people get stuck talking logic. They’ll say ‘I disagree with that one part of what you said’ or ‘You didn’t use that word correctly.’ Intellectualizing like that is a mistake. The happiest couples look for ways to honor and respect some part of their partner’s request and get to yes.” ? Carroll
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/get ... 4ce0874d05
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
We need to unpack this quote.

1. First of all, was he married then?
My guess is yes, since I assume it is from his time in England, ur domicile.

2. If as above he was indeed married then as he is now, then, how do you reconcile this with the first part of your statement- 'nice, humble guy'?
To whom is he nice and humble?

3. First he was playing online poker. Then he was bumping into a bra at a strip club. Then he was chatting to Her Majesty's finest; all the while being "nice and humble"....

This thread is truly hilarious :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They just don't get it.

Spot on, Prince

You can't compare hitting your wife to her hitting you though. You are in control when she hits you and can physically restrain her at any time... she's not in control when you hit her.

Funny how people are blaming babylon and some are asking for the wife to be shipped back... victim blaming
The more I read these posts the more I see we have too many WRONG people in this forum. Chief Niyi, what are you saying? I am lost. The last time I checked, the LAW says for everyone to KEEP THEIR HANDS TO THEMSELVES - man or woman. Thus, if you don't want to be hit, don't hit anyone.
Last edited by Odas on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They just don't get it.

Spot on, Prince

This is truly a repulsively stupid post! So stupid that idiocy has never seen such imbecility in writing. :roll:
Sad isn't it? :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na real wa for you ooo! Why you dey look for trouble wey trouble no dey? Dis kin question na trouble dey sleep, yang come wake am.
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

2. If as above he was indeed married then as he is now, then, how do you reconcile this with the first part of your statement- 'nice, humble guy'?

3. First he was playing online poker. Then he was bumping into a bra at a strip club. Then he was chatting to Her Majesty's finest; all the while being "nice and humble"....

Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Couple still together or did he do the right thing and ask for divorce?
Cmoke wrote:Akure4Life,

Men are typically more reluctant to admit that they are being abused. They tend to shrug off physical attacks like eg, wife slapping them or throwing stuffs at them.

The system is biased towards protecting women especially white women. I have defended my fair share of innocent men.

Case in point, heavily pregnant wife called the police and claimed that during an argument, her husband (my client) tried to push her through their second floor window. The police arrived and saw broken window glass in the inside of their bedroom. So you would think my client was toast!

Except that while the window glass was inside the apartment the window screen (aka mosquito net) was still intact inside the window. The CE engineers will explain that if somebody push you towards a window, and you use your hands against the window to break your fall, then both the window glass and the mosquito net will pop outside, not inside the apartment.

Never mind the fact that when the police arrived, they found the husband with a swollen right eye which he said resulted from his wife hitting him with the telephone (land line).

Husband story was different. They were arguing over money. Wife got mad, hit husband with the phone. Before husband could call police, wife called police and claimed husband attempted to kill her by trying to push her through the window.

Case got dropped at the eve of trial after I pointed out the window glass lie to the prosecutor.

Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They just don't get it.

Spot on, Prince

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Believe it or not, the answer go shock you!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

balo wrote:Couple still together or did he do the right thing and ask for divorce?

Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They just don't get it.

Spot on, Prince

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

bully12 wrote:If the lady is from Nigeria the best thing to ship her back, then concentrate more on his career. I'm sure the lady is one the distractions he is confronting right now. I don't really think he needs extra burden in addition to the one he is going through at Leicester . When the season is over he can bring her back to resolve whatever issue they have have.
What?? Ship like a "thing" huh? Beating a woman comes from the same breath as the statement above. Like you have the right and ownership to not ONLY dictate but "ship" her back. You are the authority as to where is she at a given time based on your level and definition of comfort and utility. This right here.. is why many African men go to jail or get tarnished for lack awareness BUT also for lack of respect for women.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

LOL. As a Yoruba man, we nor dey come back from court and remain friends.

Cmoke wrote:Believe it or not, the answer go shock you!

balo wrote:Couple still together or did he do the right thing and ask for divorce?

Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They just don't get it.

Spot on, Prince

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Are you saying he is not humble or he did not buy me a drink?

I've met him twice and he was humble and polite both times. The second time was in London and I literally bumped into him. I tripped on the road and held onto this dude to break my fall. To my utter surprise it was our Ahmed. He was with Okazaki and was very polite and even apologised after I'd knocked into him! I asked them where they were headed that night and Musa just smiled as he walked into the brothel we were standing outside. He is a very humble, very nice man!

This story might not be true.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Are you saying he is not humble or he did not buy me a drink?

I've met him twice and he was humble and polite both times. The second time was in London and I literally bumped into him. I tripped on the road and held onto this dude to break my fall. To my utter surprise it was our Ahmed. He was with Okazaki and was very polite and even apologised after I'd knocked into him! I asked them where they were headed that night and Musa just smiled as he walked into the brothel we were standing outside. He is a very humble, very nice man!

This story might not be true.
Bro I am just seeking clarification...

And, btw what part of the story "might not be true"?

First u 'bumped into him'. Then u 'literally bumped into him'. Then u 'tripped into him'? Which one exactly is it?

He is a nice, polite and humble married man. And he just smiled and walked into a brothel! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And u were standing outside the brothel. Now if u were standing how did you manage to trip on the road and break your fall with Musa?

How long did all this take? And was that sufficient time to reach the conclusion that he is a nice, polite and humble married man while going into a brothel?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Pray not to jam addictive toto.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
balo wrote:LOL. As a Yoruba man, we nor dey come back from court and remain friends.

Cmoke wrote:Believe it or not, the answer go shock you!

Akure4Life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They just don't get it.

Spot on, Prince

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:I really feel for Musa. From the very little I know of him, he's a nice humble chap (I chatted with him while playing online poker against him some years back). As I mentioned previously in another thread (on the captainship matter) he needs to clear him mind and focus on his career. Regardless of the charges being dropped, the fact that this came to light does show that the man has too many unnecessary distractions in his life. He's in a super high pressure situation at Leicester City so he needs to die down the distractions and get back to being the good football player that brought him to this point in his career. Good luck Brother Musa.

Bro, if you know so little of him, as you say, how are you able to determine that he is a 'nice, humble chap', all from playing online poker with him?

Those are some serious cognition skills you have there...

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, the Musa-YeyeMan footage was shown on MOTD last week, as presumed, Ahmed was offside at the time.

@Cmoke re: Billy black eye...in which world. His eye is closed for business and she's in the warmth of the house to recieve the police. He should've volunteered his other eye to be closed too.