Pep - In my case I had to ... change English football

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pep - In my case I had to ... change English football

Post by Cristao II »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39498073

Guardiola took over at Manchester City last summer having won three successive Bundesliga titles and two German Cups with Bayern Munich between 2013 and 2016.

Before that he led Barcelona to three straight La Liga titles, two Copa del Reys and the Champions League twice.

However, the 46 year old says he was always realistic about what he could achieve with City during this campaign.

"In my case I had to win the treble and change English football," he said.

"Expectations were quite high, that's why I'm going to fall short definitely. I cannot have success this season.

"In Barcelona we won the three titles in a row, we played all the competitions, we played the Champions League every three days and we were able to play almost immediately. Sometimes you need more time."
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pep - In my case I had to ... change English football

Post by Coach »

Puffy eyed, flat nosed, flaring nostrils gasping for air, Peperempe has an air of the Audley's about him. No less than expected, the ring has pushed him.abt it's enclosure, snappy rights tipping his head back, one-twos scoring on the inside. Credit to the Catalan, deep into it and still on his feet, many habe gone down before the bells he's heard. Bigger and better next season without doubt, as for this season, too many weight classes in one jump. #AlvarezKhan #GolovkinBrook.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:"Expectations were quite high, that's why I'm going to fall short definitely. I cannot have success this season.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inheritance Merchant coming up with excuses for a failed season.

Mugu, how's that GK coming along...whatshisface, the one who could play the ball on the ground but kept doing Mannequin Challenge whenever he faced a shot

Meanwhile in Germany, Bayern with a 13 point cushion

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Thought and still do think the Pellegrini ouster, just like the Heynckes ouster, was premature and ill-conceived. The idea that Pep could surpass the achievements of those guys was overly optimistic, and has done Pep no favors.

The most logical destination for Pep in the last couple of years was Chelsea & Man U. In the next couple of years, Arsenal would be open and create a unique opportunity too. He can't coach Madrid and wouldn't want to go back to Barca, so Spain pretty much closed up. French clubs are below his status to be honest.

Man City and Bayern were tall orders, and so far he is underperforming/underperformed his predecessors in both.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:"Expectations were quite high, that's why I'm going to fall short definitely. I cannot have success this season.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inheritance Merchant coming up with excuses for a failed season.

Mugu, how's that GK coming along...whatshisface, the one who could play the ball on the ground but kept doing Mannequin Challenge whenever he faced a shot

Meanwhile in Germany, Bayern with a 13 point cushion
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

deanotito wrote:Thought and still do think the Pellegrini ouster, just like the Heynckes ouster, was premature and ill-conceived. The idea that Pep could surpass the achievements of those guys was overly optimistic, and has done Pep no favors.

The most logical destination for Pep in the last couple of years was Chelsea & Man U. In the next couple of years, Arsenal would be open and create a unique opportunity too. He can't coach Madrid and wouldn't want to go back to Barca, so Spain pretty much closed up. French clubs are below his status to be honest.

Man City and Bayern were tall orders, and so far he is underperforming/underperformed his predecessors in both.
Arsene Wenger has begun his customary charge towards no.4, when it comes to that one, he takes no prisoners, he can go on a serious winning run.

There could be lots of blushes if Pep takes City to Europa.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

deanotito wrote:Thought and still do think the Pellegrini ouster, just like the Heynckes ouster, was premature and ill-conceived. The idea that Pep could surpass the achievements of those guys was overly optimistic, and has done Pep no favors.

Pellegrini wasn't ousted, he was there to do a job for 3 years and when his contract was up he left. Pep has only been in City for less than a season, next season will be a proper barometer to assess his Man City tenure properly, right now he has a bunch of aging players he'll have to get rid of. Footy fans are way to reactionary.

If he went to Chelsea or Man U he would have failed IMHO.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

Pellegrini wasn't ousted, he was there to do a job for 3 years and when his contract was up he left. Pep has only been in City for less than a season, next season will be a proper barometer to assess his Man City tenure properly, right now he has a bunch of aging players he'll have to get rid of. Footy fans are way to reactionary.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oh! I see. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The City that finished above Chelsea and United last season, and clearly had better players than both teams abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Excuses galore! Shameless people! Your master, came, he saw and he has been conquered :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

This one is proper rewriting of history. Pep was with City by the start of the season. Man City has the best squad in the EPL only challenged by Utd and Chelsea wrt depth.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

This one is proper rewriting of history. Pep was with City by the start of the season. Man City has the best squad in the EPL only challenged by Utd and Chelsea wrt depth.

Soon, they will tell us that Pep didnt actually coach the team until February 2017, He came in August and has been observing since. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

He has an aging squad that can't play the way he wants to play.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Stan, you try too hard.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Stan, you try too hard.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: