Teams to name 'club-developed' player on matchdays from 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Teams to name 'club-developed' player on matchdays from 2018

Post by balo »

EFL teams must name 'club-developed' player on matchdays from 2018-19

English Football League clubs will have to name at least one "club-developed" player in their matchday squads from the start of the 2018-19 season.

A club-developed player is defined as one who has been registered to the club for at least a year before the end of his under-19 season.

The new rules were agreed following a meeting of all 72 EFL clubs.

"I am confident that this decision will have a positive and lasting impact," said EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey.

"It is imperative that we provide young players not only with a platform, but also with the belief that opportunities will be made available to progress from youth to senior football."

Teams have previously had to include six home-grown players, defined as those registered with a club in England or Wales for three seasons, or 36 months, before their 21st birthday.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Teams to name 'club-developed' player on matchdays from

Post by balo »

I guess they just have to be on the bench. Don't see much difference.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The point is that clubs are depending on buying foreign talent and not many guys from the academy making it all the way to the top. IMHO, this policy is good and will help the English NT in the long run.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Enugu II wrote:The point is that clubs are depending on buying foreign talent and not many guys from the academy making it all the way to the top. IMHO, this policy is good and will help the English NT in the long run.

I agree.