[TBL] Sunderland (0-3) United [Ibra, Mkhi, Rashford]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [TBL] Sunderland (0-1) United [Ibra]

Post by mcal »

bepanda wrote:Rooney still at United? Not even on the bench? How about that little Spanish guy? Valencia? By the way, is this FA Cup or beer cup? Why isn't the regular GK playing?
...you learn to conserve, you never play all your hands. A season is a marathon not a sprint :biggrin:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Sunderland (0-2) United [Ibra, Mkhi]

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:Finally

Oloye's boy scores.

And it was a nice goal too
:clap: :clap: That is my boy!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:WHere is Oloye? Did you see Rashford in the 1 v 1 again? I guess its Mourinho who told him not to be scoring 1 v 1s?
hmmm Dr Oloye will show up after Sunderland score 2 goals
Una house no dey head. I was in church, some of us have Sunday duties to attend to you know.....
That said how many goals has Ibra missed too including penalties yet he never has to worry about being dropped from the team....that helps the confidence of players more than anything.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Sunderland (0-3) United [Ibra, Mkhi, Rashford]

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:WHere is Oloye? Did you see Rashford in the 1 v 1 again? I guess its Mourinho who told him not to be scoring 1 v 1s?
hmmm Dr Oloye will show up after Sunderland score 2 goals
Una house no dey head. I was in church, some of us have Sunday duties to attend to you know.....
That said how many goals has Ibra missed too including penalties yet he never has to worry about being dropped from the team....that helps the confidence of players more than anything.

When you have 28 goals this season, and you are 35 and pretty much came to the league to retire, then you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to worry about.

When your boy can score 10 goals, we can talk :rotf: :rotf: :blush:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:Nice of Ibra to get hardworking Rashford a goal with that assist. He needs it :thumb:

And instead of being grateful, Olowe dey tok :biggrin:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

danfo driver wrote:By the way, United fans, this is the problem with your team. Mentally weak and no killer instinct. You are playing against 10 men and time to pile on and score 12 goals to boost your goal difference and look at your players twerking around the whole place.
Kai ruthless CE :lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Winning 2-0 against a team bottom of the league, down to 10 men, and with no confidence = a good time to bring on and give minutes to the youngsters on the bench (Timboo and Tuanzebe). Instead Jose brought on 27 experience Dutch international and former Dutch player of the year Daley Blind. Not exactly as if Sunderland were piling on the pressure. For goodness' sake Jose, the kids could have done with the experience of a 20 minute run-out in a no-pressure situation.