Alex Iwobi Dropped From Arsenal 1st Team: Sent To U23s

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alex Iwobi Dropped From Arsenal 1st Team: Sent To U23s

Post by Tbite »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Mr Shows[/color] wrote: Iwobi has lost his mojo of late and frizzled out a bit. Wenger probably realises that he needs to take a step back and recharge his batteries. On current form he will not start against Cameroon.

That said, the boy will come good, he has a football IQ and the genes to boot, he'll eventually turn the corner.
The ides of english brought up players has gotten to our Iwobi. I was hoping he would escape it ,but alas no! For years we were hearing of Apom, Afobe, what about that ghananese midfielder that plays like a demon possesed player. Like all them brought up in that system...they have no gear 2 never mind 3. I cannot believe a player like Gibbs is rotting away on the bench at what age...and he calls himself an arsenal player.

Wenger and Arsenal is not helping these boys,they need a coach who will put a smouldering iron in fheir backside to push into the next level of their career. I am afraid if the naija blood in Iwobi does not rise to the top....i see a Wishere or Afobe scenario play itself out. And i was beginning to believe in him contrary to my distrust of anything english.
I was going to mention this. Iwobi and Dele burst on the scene almost simultaneous but see how each career's path has turned out. Iwobi came out stronger but is now fizzling out while Dele started low profile but has gained momentum and continues to rise. Many players' career Wenger and ARSEnal has been destroyed or almost have. Ox is one and even though he played yesterday he has yet to fulfill his potential. Put Iwobi under MoPo's coaching program then see Iwobi flourish.
Stop puffing your chest out, you will be lucky to keep Alli for one more season..then you will spend however many years saying "one of ours" when he whoops you guys at White Hart Lane. Yes Dele has done well for himself, so much so that he has now outgrown your club!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]The YeyeMan[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I was going to mention this. Iwobi and Dele burst on the scene almost simultaneous but see how each career's path has turned out. Iwobi came out stronger but is now fizzling out while Dele started low profile but has gained momentum and continues to rise.
#fakenews

You misyarn. They did not burst on the scene simultaneously. Dele had even scored his goal of the season contender vs Crystal Palace months before Iwobi made his Premier League full debut.
Stop been selective.

Iwobi was getting rave reviews long before making his debut for ARSEnal and had played for ARSEnal when Dele was still playing for MK Dons. They both made their full debut in the 2015/2016 season though Dele got to experience first team action ahead of Iwobi. The goal against Palace you referred to was scored on January 23, 2016 but Iwobi had made his debut long before then, precisely October 31, 2015. It can be argued Iwobi had a head start on Dele based on Iwobi having been in the ARSEnal setup all his career and experienced playing CL football but Dele has left him miles behind. It is not Iwobi's fault it is fault of who is coaching him.
Are you actually a Spurs fan?

If so you'll know that Dele made his debut in the opening game of last season versus Manchester United and his PL debut in September 2015. He's also made 63 PL appearances compared to Iwobi's 37.

As I said, Dele was settled in the Spurs team and scored that wonder goal months before Iwobi made his FULL DEBUT in the Premier League for Arsenal - in other words before Iwobi hadn't even STARTED his first Premier League game at that point. Your claims are off. They did not emerge at the same time.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Tbite[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Mr Shows[/color] wrote: Iwobi has lost his mojo of late and frizzled out a bit. Wenger probably realises that he needs to take a step back and recharge his batteries. On current form he will not start against Cameroon.

That said, the boy will come good, he has a football IQ and the genes to boot, he'll eventually turn the corner.
The ides of english brought up players has gotten to our Iwobi. I was hoping he would escape it ,but alas no! For years we were hearing of Apom, Afobe, what about that ghananese midfielder that plays like a demon possesed player. Like all them brought up in that system...they have no gear 2 never mind 3. I cannot believe a player like Gibbs is rotting away on the bench at what age...and he calls himself an arsenal player.

Wenger and Arsenal is not helping these boys,they need a coach who will put a smouldering iron in fheir backside to push into the next level of their career. I am afraid if the naija blood in Iwobi does not rise to the top....i see a Wishere or Afobe scenario play itself out. And i was beginning to believe in him contrary to my distrust of anything english.
I was going to mention this. Iwobi and Dele burst on the scene almost simultaneous but see how each career's path has turned out. Iwobi came out stronger but is now fizzling out while Dele started low profile but has gained momentum and continues to rise. Many players' career Wenger and ARSEnal has been destroyed or almost have. Ox is one and even though he played yesterday he has yet to fulfill his potential. Put Iwobi under MoPo's coaching program then see Iwobi flourish.
Stop puffing your chest out, you will be lucky to keep Alli for one more season..then you will spend however many years saying "one of ours" when he whoops you guys at White Hart Lane. Yes Dele has done well for himself, so much so that he has now outgrown your club!
I don't think I ever said he will remain with Spurs for the rest of his career. I fully expect one of RM or Barca to come calling with a world record fee :D. When he goes do you think it will adversely affect us? Take a look at recent episodes and see for yourself: Modric left and Spurs moved from always finishing 5th to getting top 4; Bale left and Spurs finished 3rd and on the verge of doing even better. The key is not to be too reliant on one player but to have a structure that can easily get players fit into it. There are many players in the pipeline who are auditioning to take Dele's place if and when he leaves :thumb:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I was going to mention this. Iwobi and Dele burst on the scene almost simultaneous but see how each career's path has turned out. Iwobi came out stronger but is now fizzling out while Dele started low profile but has gained momentum and continues to rise.
#fakenews

You misyarn. They did not burst on the scene simultaneously. Dele had even scored his goal of the season contender vs Crystal Palace months before Iwobi made his Premier League full debut.
Stop been selective.

Iwobi was getting rave reviews long before making his debut for ARSEnal and had played for ARSEnal when Dele was still playing for MK Dons. They both made their full debut in the 2015/2016 season though Dele got to experience first team action ahead of Iwobi. The goal against Palace you referred to was scored on January 23, 2016 but Iwobi had made his debut long before then, precisely October 31, 2015. It can be argued Iwobi had a head start on Dele based on Iwobi having been in the ARSEnal setup all his career and experienced playing CL football but Dele has left him miles behind. It is not Iwobi's fault it is fault of who is coaching him.

If so you'll know that Dele made his debut in the opening game of last season versus Manchester United and his PL debut in September 2015. He's also made 63 PL appearances compared to Iwobi's 37.

As I said, Dele was settled in the Spurs team and scored that wonder goal months before Iwobi made his FULL DEBUT in the Premier League for Arsenal - in other words before Iwobi hadn't even STARTED his first Premier League game at that point. Your claims are off. They did not emerge at the same time.
Dude, do you read or you just like arguing for the sake of it. I pointed out dates for you and you are hearing blowing hot air about when Iwobi got to play. Please go back and reread what I wrote and tell me which part you are disputing.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
#fakenews

Stop been selective.

Dude, do you read or you just like arguing for the sake of it. I pointed out dates for you and you are hearing blowing hot air about when Iwobi got to play. Please go back and reread what I wrote and tell me which part you are disputing.

You need to do more good luck charming and less arguing. You will soon be fired from this forum for dereliction of promised duties. Look at where Arsenal is now because of you.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I don't think I ever said he will remain with Spurs for the rest of his career. I fully expect one of RM or Barca to come calling with a world record fee :D. When he goes do you think it will adversely affect us? Take a look at recent episodes and see for yourself: Modric left and Spurs moved from always finishing 5th to getting top 4; Bale left and Spurs finished 3rd and on the verge of doing even better. The key is not to be too reliant on one player but to have a structure that can easily get players fit into it. There are many players in the pipeline who are auditioning to take Dele's place if and when he leaves :thumb:.
kaiii I'll give it too you, good response. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]platinum[/color] wrote: You need to do more good luck charming and less arguing. You will soon be fired from this forum for dereliction of promised duties. Look at where Arsenal is now because of you.
On the contrary I deserve a raise for helping put ARSEnal where it truly belongs :taunt: :thumbs:.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Its a Goal wrote:Dude, do you read or you just like arguing for the sake of it. I pointed out dates for you and you are hearing blowing hot air about when Iwobi got to play. Please go back and reread what I wrote and tell me which part you are disputing.
I dispute the part below.
Its a Goal wrote:Iwobi was getting rave reviews long before making his debut for ARSEnal and had played for ARSEnal when Dele was still playing for MK Dons. They both made their full debut in the 2015/2016 season though Dele got to experience first team action ahead of Iwobi. The goal against Palace you referred to was scored on January 23, 2016 but Iwobi had made his debut long before then, precisely October 31, 2015. It can be argued Iwobi had a head start on Dele based on Iwobi having been in the ARSEnal setup all his career and experienced playing CL football but Dele has left him miles behind. It is not Iwobi's fault it is fault of who is coaching him.
Why can't una just take your corrections instead of arguing when your position has been proven false? Dele was an established player before Iwobi, haba!
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Dude, do you read or you just like arguing for the sake of it. I pointed out dates for you and you are hearing blowing hot air about when Iwobi got to play. Please go back and reread what I wrote and tell me which part you are disputing.
Its a Goal wrote:Iwobi was getting rave reviews long before making his debut for ARSEnal and had played for ARSEnal when Dele was still playing for MK Dons. They both made their full debut in the 2015/2016 season though Dele got to experience first team action ahead of Iwobi. The goal against Palace you referred to was scored on January 23, 2016 but Iwobi had made his debut long before then, precisely October 31, 2015. It can be argued Iwobi had a head start on Dele based on Iwobi having been in the ARSEnal setup all his career and experienced playing CL football but Dele has left him miles behind. It is not Iwobi's fault it is fault of who is coaching him.
Why can't una just take your corrections instead of arguing when your position has been proven false? Dele was an established player before Iwobi, haba!
Alex Iwobi - debut 27 October 2015
Dele Alli - debut 8 August 2015

Dele started off as a sub and only won a first team place after some months. I believe this was the same as Iwobi. Both were viewed as players for the future. Currently Dele seems to have moved quickly off the starting block to make himself a key part of the team.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I highly doubt this trend will hold true next season.
5th-4th-3rd-2nd-1st?
Arsenal did the same where they went from 5th-4th-3rd-2nd-10th? They will potentially do one better by adding a zero to the 1st position this season :D . May be next season they will win it just like Chelsea went from 10th to potentially winning it.

...I kid! I kid!! :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cristao II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Alex Iwobi - debut 27 October 2015
Dele Alli - debut 8 August 2015

Dele started off as a sub and only won a first team place after some months. I believe this was the same as Iwobi. Both were viewed as players for the future. Currently Dele seems to have moved quickly off the starting block to make himself a key part of the team.
I'm talking about full Premier League debut - actual games that matter and not those Mickey Mouse cups were Wenger throws in teenagers and newborns.

Iwobi - 19th March, 2016 vs Everton
Dele - 13th September, 2015 vs Sunderland.

That's six whole months, dude. Bamidele has virtually a season's head start on Iwobi.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]The YeyeMan[/color] wrote: I'm talking about full Premier League debut - actual games that matter and not those Mickey Mouse cups were Wenger throws in teenagers and newborns.

Iwobi - 19th March, 2016 vs Everton
Dele - 13th September, 2015 vs Sunderland.

That's six whole months, dude. Bamidele has virtually a season's head start on Iwobi.
Getting first team action is based on merit not entitlement. Dele earned the right to bump other players ahead of him. Iwobi didn't do that. The fact is both of them got their full debut in the league in the same season but one has progressed the other hasn't. Is it down to the player or the coach? Personally I put it on the coach more than the player. If Iwobi was under MoPo I am confident he would be flourishing as much as Dele is experiencing now. Which players can you point out to that Wenger has improved significantly more than when they arrived?