USA, Canada & Mexico joint bid to host 2026 World Cup!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: USA, Canada & Mexico joint bid to host 2026 World Cup!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Purity wrote:They should added Jamaica or any carrebean nation and not Mexico.. Mexico has hosted two world cups 1970 and 1986.
copy paste , there is only one stadium in Jamaica .. smh ...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Purity wrote:They should added Jamaica or any carrebean nation and not Mexico.. Mexico has hosted two world cups 1970 and 1986.
Have you ever looked at a map?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kalani JR wrote:
Take it easy on the guy ,...
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kalani JR wrote:
But Cuba , Cayman , Jamaica ,Bahamas and co are just a few hundred miles or less from the Florida coastline...
So it's not too far fetched.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Even Mexico, Canada and USA is even too much IMO

Korea/Japan is ok..The Pan-European tournament (2020) is probably ok because Europe already has the greatest integration of transport of any continent and already has such a tradition.

but when when I see it in another continent, Canada to Mexico, you are asking so much of the fans.

Using true size (very roughly) and not mercator projection, we can see that even the Pan-European tournament is only slightly greater in coverage than the United States itself. St Petersburg in Russia is very close to the rest of Europe.

And like I said this is Europe we are talking about the continent of travels!

I don't know who will be comfortable travelling such distances in North America. I presume it will almost be exclusively air travel, and that can't be cheap.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

60 of the 80 matches to take place in the US (are there gonna be up to 80 games in the 48 team format...I thought I read that the number of games wouldn't change)

All matches from q-final up to be played in the US

4th of July planned for the final

Trump has endorsed but I hope there are games in Tijuana or San Diego even if there is a wall.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cito wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
But Cuba , Cayman , Jamaica ,Bahamas and co are just a few hundred miles or less from the Florida coastline...
So it's not too far fetched.
True, either way Caribbean nations aren't getting any games full stop. This bid doesn't even guarantee qualification for Canada and Mexico as of yet. To think that any Caribbean country has the infrastructure that Mexico has is ridiculous.