UCL Wednesday - April 12

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL Wednesday - April 12

Post by kajifu »

Leicester go win second leg.
Bayern is an average team not great,Arsenal make them look good,we at the North End trustee fans of emirate knows KOS play 90 minutes bayern dont win and if santi was available Bayern stay home and we teach Ronaldo and his boys a lesson.
Now that we at emirate have force the club to give Wenger 5 more years and allow him to buy his choice of players.
Next year CL is beloved to win.To t hose who want Wenger out dont worry after 5 years you can get your wish and stick it where the sun does not shine.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Bayern lucky to have lost only 1-2.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:Bayern lucky to have lost only 1-2.
Neuer was immense.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

platinum wrote:
Neuer was immense.
Especially that one save looked unreal. Although he looked bad at the second goal.
Bayern just collapsed, they could have easily been slaughtered.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Neuer was immense.
Especially that one save looked unreal. Although he looked bad at the second goal.

They caught the Arsenal bug. That was how bad Arsenal looked versus them. The difference was Arsenal didn't have a Neuer to keep them in the tie. Throughly outplayed. Even at 11 v 11, Never was still pulling off ridiculous saves.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

platinum wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Neuer was immense.

They caught the Arsenal bug. That was how bad Arsenal looked versus them. The difference was Arsenal didn't have a Neuer to keep them in the tie. Throughly outplayed. Even at 11 v 11, Never was still pulling off ridiculous saves.
Yes, I cannot wait for the return leg, but yesterday's game was not a one-off for Bayern. in 2014 they lost 0-5 on aggregate against Madrid, in 2015 the tie against Barca was over after 90 minutes.
My feeling is/was that they have become "complacent", not sure if it the correct word to use, after after these games they always found excuses (to continue to hail Guardiola) instead of addressing some issues.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:
platinum wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Neuer was immense.

Yes, I cannot wait for the return leg, but yesterday's game was not a one-off for Bayern. in 2014 they lost 0-5 on aggregate against Madrid, in 2015 the tie against Barca was over after 90 minutes.
My feeling is/was that they have become "complacent", not sure if it the correct word to use, after after these games they always found excuses (to continue to hail Guardiola) instead of addressing some issues.

But Guardiola is gone and Ancelotti knows how to navigate and win in Europe...(*words of CE)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Bigpokey24[/color] wrote: looking like a long day for the foxes :lol:
Leicester is depending on the counter attack tactic to nick a goal. Jamie Vardy is perfect for that role and if he is given half a chance he will punish AM.
Have you ever watched Atleti play?
What has that got to do with anything? AM is pressing high and Leicester is allowing them to come at them.
IAG, Vardy had two passes all game, he completed neither one. Welcome to blanket nation, defense pass defense.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Bigpokey24[/color] wrote: looking like a long day for the foxes :lol:
Leicester is depending on the counter attack tactic to nick a goal. Jamie Vardy is perfect for that role and if he is given half a chance he will punish AM.
What has that got to do with anything? AM is pressing high and Leicester is allowing them to come at them.
IAG, Vardy had two passes all game, he completed neither one. Welcome to blanket nation, defense pass defense.
:biggrin:

I enjoyed where he said "Leicester is allowing them..." :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

platinum wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
platinum wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Neuer was immense.

But Guardiola is gone and Ancelotti knows how to navigate and win in Europe...(*words of CE)
It will take time for Ancelotti do undo the damage left behind by Pep Guardiola :taunt:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]platinum[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

So on top all the experience and player quality ATM has the only goal they could score was a dubious penalty? I mean seriously you guys ought to be ashamed. Yes Leicester invited them to attack but at the end of the day their defense was resolute. They were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty kick when Mahrez was tripped over in the 18 yard box. As I mentioned LC objective was not to ship a bagful of goals heading back home in order to give themselves a chance of turning the tide.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

So on top all the experience and player quality ATM has the only goal they could score was a dubious penalty? I mean seriously you guys ought to be ashamed. Yes Leicester invited them to attack but at the end of the day their defense was resolute. They were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty kick when Mahrez was tripped over in the 18 yard box. As I mentioned LC objective was not to ship a bagful of goals heading back home in order to give themselves a chance of turning the tide.
Funny thing is people praise Sevilla after first leg and we know how it end when both teams meet in second leg.ATM is the better team but they should thank their God that ref gave them fake PK and Leicester denied a legit PK.Only advantage ATM has is that Leicester will need to come out more and score two goals if they want to make last 4.All ATM need is score one and make it hard for Foxes to score 3.But I expect a more open and tougher end to end game next week.It was a good tactical game,they did better than Barca and Bayern did.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Uhmmm.. I dont know who you are calling "you guys?" I am not an Atleti fan and I couldnt give a damn who wins this game. Come to think of it, I'd much rather Leicester win because they have 2 Nigerians there and it will do Ndidi a great deal in his career to win a CL.

One thing I have noticed about CE (and forgive me for being blunt), is that not many members truly understand football. I read about football matches on here and I just smh. When you say "Leicester is allowing them..." I dont understand what match you saw. When Inter beat Barcelona in 2010, if you watched that game, you'd understand what "allowing them" meant. In that game, Inter gave the back back to Barca repeatedly because Inter was not interested in the ball. Their coach later confirmed that.

There is a difference between "allowing them," and simply not being able to get out of your half. Yesterday, it was the latter. Leicester could not get out of their half, and it wasnt by choice. They were pinned in! It was the same way you erroneously claimed that Atleti was pressing high and Leicester will hit them and score. What did i tell you?? I asked you if you had ever watched Atleti play. And you came out flapping your breast! Truth is that anyone who has ever seen Atleti play know that you cannot get behind them when they press high because the manner in which they position their defensive players mean that you will NEVER EVER EVER be able to get to the ball before them, in a counter attacking situation. They have done this for years!

Watching a game and analyzing the same game are two completely different things. Its absolutely more difficult to do the latter, and the latter, I enjoy more. So, this is not about "you guys" and your support for Leicester. This is about reading a game and analyzing the situation, as it is.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?