UNWHOLESOME GAME: Enugu Govt Deny Sacking Imama

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
UNWHOLESOME GAME: Enugu Govt Deny Sacking Imama

Post by Enugu II »

This is the beginning of a game, an unwholesome one. If you are not aware, this is what is happening:

1. Imama is in 'truth' sacked.

2. This claim by Ndukwe is designed to get around Imama's contract. A claim that he is not sacked but 'suspended."

3. It is designed to frustrate Imama. For sure, his time with the club is over and he will not get a penny and Rangers will claim that it never sacked Imama.

4. However, Imama should get a good lawyer. If Rangers are not willing to pay the severance fee, then they must pay the salary. That must be done.
Amapakabo ‘Regains’ Rangers’ Job
http://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/2017 ... ngers-job/

In a twist of fate, Enugu Rangers’ estranged coach, Imama Amapakabo, may have returned to his duty post as club owners, the Enugu State Government has denied ever sacking him. This is coming on Wednesday even as the coach had apparently surrendered to fate, if his twits on Monday are anything to consider. One of such read: “Purpose God sent me here completed. I thank you lord for your grace, enablement to accomplish your work. Next assignment loading. #Godleads.” Another read: “Purpose God sent me here completed. I thank you lord for your grace, enablement to accomplish your work. Next assignment loading. #Godleads” As if he had completely given up, he twitted: “I sleep on a couch for close to 2 years on a job a night out of a job and I sleep on my bed for the first time like a baby. Hmmm.”

But in a dramatic twist, the Enugu State Government on Wednesday debunked reports in the media suggesting that Amapakabo had been sacked. The Commissioner for Youths and Sports in the state, Charles Ndukwe, at the end of the State Executive Council meeting spoke to the contrary. He stated that Amapakabo was only suspended by the state government based on the club’s recent run of poor performance which was also evident in their home match, last Sunday, against Zesco United Football Club of Zambia. The match had ended 2 – 2 despite Rangers earlier taking a two-goal lead. Noting that a sack letter could not have been issued to the coach without the state government’s consent, the commissioner said, “the general manager has no right to sack a coach, and Enugu State government cannot take an abnormal action”.

He informed journalists that Mr. Chukwuma Agbo is presently the chief coach of the club, adding that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is interested in the welfare of the club and will do everything possible to restore its glory.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UNWHOLESOME GAME: Enugu Govt Deny Sacking Imama

Post by nemi2002 »

They will be relegated
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Imana should get a good lawyer... It would also be good to know if he used a good lawyer to sign his improved contract and the terms stated in it..
afc##
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

One thing i want people to note when they start singing the rubbish hymn to allow ex-sportsmen or footballers to run the game...they are mostly talking rubbish as it does not neccessarily in any way guarantee anything.

I want to believe that(i stand corrected on this) Charles Ndukwe is a former footballer, a former SE , he played in the ANC 2000, he was the chubby striker. He is now the commissioner of sports and Rangers are being called a poverty stricken club under him.

I dont know what he is trying to achieve on behalf of the club here , dont know if he is playing a game or simply trying to help a former colleague out, but things do not look right for a club that just did great in the previous season.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Would he not have a termination letter or email to prove; I think there is often this boogie man mentality amongst Nigerians. Fact it takes 2 to play games and if in fact the statements credited to the coach where he attributes low team moral to players being owed is true then he should have raised that alarm much earlier. We know the Enugu governor is hands-on with issues and he is a staunch supporter of Rangers. Point is there are lots of fumes to be sorted out before one can discern the truth in all these. But what use is the press if they are not controversial.
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

oloye wrote:I want to believe that(i stand corrected on this) Charles Ndukwe is a former footballer, a former SE , he played in the ANC 2000, he was the chubby striker. He is now the commissioner of sports and Rangers are being called a poverty stricken club under him.
You may be confusing him with Raphael Chukwu Ndukwe (or maybe it was Raphael Ndukwe Chukwu).
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Oloye, Charles Ndukwe the commissioner is a CIC Old Boy and not the ex SE.
http://www.naijiant.com/