7 FANS DEAD OF ELECTROCUTION AT VIEWING CENTRE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
7 FANS DEAD OF ELECTROCUTION AT VIEWING CENTRE

Post by anointed »

Just read this on some guy's fb wall. It's really sad if true. It might be one of those social media's stunts but a precise location has been mentioned. I've asked the guy for his source.
High tension cable drops on a football viewing centre in Calabar, killing over 20 soccer fans who were watching Man United Vs Anderlecht Europa league return leg along Akpandem Street, Atimbo, Calabar
Last edited by anointed on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ANY CE IN CALABAR?

Post by anointed »

Another guy wrote on fb:
NEWS FROM CALABAR,CROSS-RIVER STATE#:>>>{Reports confirmed by the immediate past CSO of the University Of Calabar Teaching Hospital,Has It That,A High tension electric fell on hundreds of fans watching football match at Nyangasang..About 50People confirmed dead..@Capt Offiong}...........NB:>>>Na Wa!.Too Many Deaths In Nigeria..Lord Have Mercy...May The Souls Of The Departed Rest In Peace,Amen!!!.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I see it on Channels ticker...30 feared dead
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar

Channels Television.
Updated April 20, 2017

Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In CalabarOver 30 people are feared dead at a football viewing centre in Calabar, the Cross River State capital after being electrocuted by a high tension cable that reportedly fell on them.

The football fans are said to have assembled at the centre to watch a UEFA Europa League quarter-final match between Manchester United and Anderlecht on satellite television.

Channels Television correspondent in Calabar reported that the live electricity cable broke from its mooring and fell on the viewers.

There will be more details from the story as it unfolds.
http://www.channelstv.com/2017/04/20/ov ... n-calabar/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 30 FANS FEARED DEAD OF ELECTROCUTION AT VIEWING CENTRE

Post by anointed »

Even Supersport...make person no go watch match jeje again? Very sad and bad taste in the mouth.
30 fans killed in Calabar

by George Akpayen 21 April 2017, 00:33

Around 30 football fans are now feared dead in the south-southern Nigerian city of Calabar after a high tension cable reportedly fell, leading to their electrocution late on Thursday.

It is understood that the fans were gathered at a viewing centre in Atimbo area of Calabar to watch the Uefa Europa League game between Manchester United and RSC Anderlecht.

The high tension cable reportedly broke off from its anchor and fell on the viewing centre which housed the fans causing panic.

The exact figure of casualties are still cannot be ascertained but around 30 people are reported to have been killed in the incident.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... in_Calabar
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Tragic. May their souls RIP.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Shocking. Terrible tragedy. Why at that particular time? May thier souls rest in perfect peace
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Live wire presumably sellotaped to a ceiling, no insulation, just a few thousand volts jollying in the Nigeria night sky. Hopefully a full investigation is conducted and the accountable are charged to court. There must be compensatory payments to families in addition to the cover of funeral costs. A truly sad and tragic loss of life in the home where life means so little.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

30 Football fans electrocuted in Viewing center in Calabar
Tragedy struck all the way in Calabar, on thursday night, when at least 30 football fans were electrocuted while watching a football match.

The sad incident occurred when high tension cable broke off and fell on a viewing centre where they were gathered, leading to their electrocution.

According to multiple sources, the fans stormed the viewing center in Atimbo area of Calabar to watch the football match between Machester United and RSC Anderlecht of Belgim when the tragedy struck.

It is not yet certain the exact official figure of casualties from the accident, but sources on ground say no fewer than 30 people lost their lives.

The Cross River State Police Command is expected to make an official statement regarding the tragedy later today.

Manchester United reached the Europa League semifinals for the first time after beating Anderlecht 2-1 on Thursday.

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Sad. Very tragic. May their souls rest in peace.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »