Ross Barclay : Police investigate racist 'SUN' article

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Ross Barclay : Police investigate racist 'SUN' article

Post by tfco »

airwolex wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:i'm with G1 on this.

however, this 'suspension' get as e be.

He could be back any day now

But you, G1 and Sunset see Ross a WHITE MAN, but perhaps, some white people don't see him as such?
Chief O, the first time you saw Ross Barkley, you saw a black man, abi?
come on son..... the man is as white as apple pie, I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to the one drop rule at all. Ross Barkley is as black as Rachel Dolezal.

The Sun writer is a mischievous so & so, that is a given.... he is insulting his grandfather indirectly like oyibos usually do.....but don't think for one minute Ross cares about that at all
Liberals have high jacked this spat and making a mountain out of a molehill....
I say he knew exactly what he was doing and meant it as a racist abuse. Ross Barkley maybe white to you but perhaps some White people can spot his distant Black roots; I know I certainly did. Nevertheless, we all know what it means when a White man calls a Black-man (no matter how white looking he is) Monkey. Aragones knew what he was doing, Blokin knew what he was doing even Etoo knew what he was doing.
C'mon man

You knew RB had black in him when he first burst on the scene? If it wasn't for CE, i would never have guessed.

Aragonés own is different I think it was directed at Thierry Henry

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

tfco wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

But you, G1 and Sunset see Ross a WHITE MAN, but perhaps, some white people don't see him as such?
come on son..... the man is as white as apple pie, I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to the one drop rule at all. Ross Barkley is as black as Rachel Dolezal.

The Sun writer is a mischievous so & so, that is a given.... he is insulting his grandfather indirectly like oyibos usually do.....but don't think for one minute Ross cares about that at all
I say he knew exactly what he was doing and meant it as a racist abuse. Ross Barkley maybe white to you but perhaps some White people can spot his distant Black roots; I know I certainly did. Nevertheless, we all know what it means when a White man calls a Black-man (no matter how white looking he is) Monkey. Aragones knew what he was doing, Blokin knew what he was doing even Etoo knew what he was doing.
C'mon man

You knew RB had black in him when he first burst on the scene? If it wasn't for CE, i would never have guessed.

I didn't know he was exactly Black but I knew he wasn't 100% White. Just like I suspected Tim Cahill and Rodwell. Sometimes it's not even about skin colour, I guessed Barkley because of his hair which when not straightened is similar to Ryan Giggs.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

But you, G1 and Sunset see Ross as a WHITE MAN, but perhaps, some white people don't see him as such?

you missed my point. Not about what you and I see. What does the "insulter" see?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This is an interesting sub-topic. But there are plenty of "White guys and girls" walking around who have parents of mixed ancestry. If you don't know what to look for, you might miss it.

I knew Blake Griffin, Kris Humphries and Tyler Johnson of the Miami Heat had Black blood. When you disregard the skin colour and look at other features like hair, nose, lips and sometimes even gait, you can tell.

Here's a story of Tyler Johnson, the guy who got abuse for being a White guard in the NBA with a fat contract
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... n-contract
HoopsHype.com declared Johnson one of the three worst signings of free agency 2016. USA Today wrote, "I know he's shown flashes, but that seems like way too much money to invest in his potential." Johnson, who shoots a respectable 38 percent from 3, could not help but sarcastically hit "like" on this tweet: "You want 10mil just to miss wide open shots and lose teeth every time someone runs into you. Be gone white boy." Four days after that, he encountered a poll tweeted by a Miami fan account that asked, "Should the Heat match the Nets' offer for Tyler Johnson?"

Of the 995 respondents, 73 percent said no.

"People were like, 'Who is this guy? I have to look his name up on Google,' " Johnson says now. "They don't look at me and see $50 million, necessarily."

It's early August, and the 6-foot-4, 185-pound Johnson is wearing slides, shorts and a T-shirt in the lobby bar of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Unlike the conspicuously built Mozgov, or Turner, or Bazemore, or Hill, the pale, high-flying Johnson isn't obviously an NBA player. Not even to NBA players. After he swatted an Andre Miller finger roll during the 2014-15 season, Miller confessed, in genuine bewilderment, "I definitely didn't think you had that." And Johnson notes that when he grows out his closely cropped brown hair, his identity is even more masked -- as evidenced, in part, by the increase in strangers who call him white boy. (Tyler's father, Milton, is black.)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:They can suspend him for all they want...but the article did not print itself...there are still more heads that should roll!
It is an absolutely stupid and ridiculous article. The Sun editorial team should be ashamed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Another garbage paper is "daily mail." All they do is to do a hitch job on opponents. I also sense that they are very right wing.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Rubbish, they knew his heritage , Its the sun newspaper its routine for them to dig around famous people. This is how they make slurs and then pretend like they did not know what they were doing. The fact he also mentioned Liverpool close to the day of the aniversary. Please! If you want to be gullable fine. But this McKenzie guy has form for doing this, just like he did with Hillsborough. He made a slur of liverppol, if someone made a slur about Jewish people , you would not hear the last of it.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

airwolex wrote:This is an interesting sub-topic. But there are plenty of "White guys and girls" walking around who have parents of mixed ancestry. If you don't know what to look for, you might miss it.

I knew Blake Griffin, Kris Humphries and Tyler Johnson of the Miami Heat had Black blood. When you disregard the skin colour and look at other features like hair, nose, lips and sometimes even gait, you can tell.

Here's a story of Tyler Johnson, the guy who got abuse for being a White guard in the NBA with a fat contract
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... n-contract
HoopsHype.com declared Johnson one of the three worst signings of free agency 2016. USA Today wrote, "I know he's shown flashes, but that seems like way too much money to invest in his potential." Johnson, who shoots a respectable 38 percent from 3, could not help but sarcastically hit "like" on this tweet: "You want 10mil just to miss wide open shots and lose teeth every time someone runs into you. Be gone white boy." Four days after that, he encountered a poll tweeted by a Miami fan account that asked, "Should the Heat match the Nets' offer for Tyler Johnson?"

Of the 995 respondents, 73 percent said no.

"People were like, 'Who is this guy? I have to look his name up on Google,' " Johnson says now. "They don't look at me and see $50 million, necessarily."

It's early August, and the 6-foot-4, 185-pound Johnson is wearing slides, shorts and a T-shirt in the lobby bar of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Unlike the conspicuously built Mozgov, or Turner, or Bazemore, or Hill, the pale, high-flying Johnson isn't obviously an NBA player. Not even to NBA players. After he swatted an Andre Miller finger roll during the 2014-15 season, Miller confessed, in genuine bewilderment, "I definitely didn't think you had that." And Johnson notes that when he grows out his closely cropped brown hair, his identity is even more masked -- as evidenced, in part, by the increase in strangers who call him white boy. (Tyler's father, Milton, is black.)
Liverpool is known to have alot of people of black and white mixed heritage due to its Maritine history.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

airwolex wrote:
tfco wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

C'mon man

I didn't know he was exactly Black but I knew he wasn't 100% White. Just like I suspected Tim Cahill and Rodwell. Sometimes it's not even about skin colour, I guessed Barkley because of his hair which when not straightened is similar to Ryan Giggs.
Just like how lots of black people can detect if someone is not from their parts based on features, I'm sure white people can identify if someone has black, middleeastern , even Irish heritage, particularly the racist ones. The ones who are not racist don't notice because they don't care. But people who have issues with others will look for this even subconciously.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I despise McKenzie he is proper trash and very uncouth

But with Barkley you can tell with Barkely he is not 100% white. Another one I suspect has black roots is Eden Hazard though nothing has been said yet about his heritage. His features and hair when its just bit longer than scalp. I could be wrong :oops:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

soothsayer wrote:
airwolex wrote:
tfco wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

C'mon man

Just like how lots of black people can detect if someone is not from their parts based on features, I'm sure white people can identify if someone has black, middleeastern , even Irish heritage, particularly the racist ones. The ones who are not racist don't notice because they don't care. But people who have issues with others will look for this even subconciously.

:laugh: Isn't a fact that whites think all blacks look the same? :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

C'mon man

This is a very daft statement from you...if I see a ghana man, I know he ain't Nigerian. ...stop digging. Ross. has African features in him..Bobo don't look 100% Oyinbo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
Sad that the only people still trying to rationalise a despicable act are the very people this despicable character of a columnist set out to ridicule. Geez i even read someone shouting that Ross is not black...now that is ignorance shouting from the moutain top. Anyone who knew anything about Ross since be broke into limelight would know about his Nigerian bloodline. This was even debated here on CE some 5 or 6 years when Ross waa still a junior player on the radars of Everton.

Thabk God Everton knows better!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
Sad that the only people still trying to rationalise a despicable act are the very people this despicable character of a columnist set out to ridicule. Geez i even read someone shouting that Ross is not black...now that is ignorance shouting from the moutain top. Anyone who knew anything about Ross since be broke into limelight would know about his Nigerian bloodline. This was even debated here on CE some 5 or 6 years when Ross waa still a junior player on the radars of Everton.

Thabk God Everton knows better!

This is the CE!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I see many of you here are not accustomed to the gutter press that the Sun calls "journalism".