[TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:
balo wrote:By the way, the heck happened to Courtois, and why did Conte go away from the regular starting 11?
this is what happens when you do not watch your team

Go to your twitter feeds, the answers are there.

If you no hear natin in 2 hours, i go help you

Your voice is growing stronger now because you won a game against Chelsea after how many tries?

You were beaten black and blue at the SB in the first encounter. Give it a rest. You are not the only one with a TV.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:
tfco wrote:
balo wrote:By the way, the heck happened to Courtois, and why did Conte go away from the regular starting 11?

Your voice is growing stronger now because you won a game against Chelsea after how many tries?

You were beaten black and blue at the SB in the first encounter. Give it a rest. You are not the only one with a TV.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

did you watch today's game?

why was Courtois absent? The formation nko

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

ANC wrote:
balo wrote:Something definitely wrong with Chelsea.

Nope, the opposing coach knows them too well.

I am sure something is wrong. Why the lack of motivation? Even from the coach.

Losing 2 key players is no excuse.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

balo wrote:Haven't seen Chelsea play this badly since Liverpool and Arsenal games early in the season.
It was not so much Chelsea but Man Utd had it correct. Costa was totally infective, even his usually bullying and antics did not work against Man Utd.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

joplass wrote:
balo wrote:Haven't seen Chelsea play this badly since Liverpool and Arsenal games early in the season.
It was not so much Chelsea but Man Utd had it correct. Costa was totally infective, even his usually bullying and antics did not work against Man Utd.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

anyone who watched the FA Cup game knew that this was coming.

michael Cox says it 100%

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:Something definitely wrong with Chelsea.

:mrgreen:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wale1974 wrote:Well done boys........................6 points ahead of Arsenal :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

tfco wrote:
joplass wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

anyone who watched the FA Cup game knew that this was coming.

michael Cox says it 100%

Nice tweets man :clap:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

joplass wrote:
It was not so much Chelsea but Man Utd had it correct. Costa was totally inefective, even his usually bullying and antics did not work against Man Utd.

Costa has been very terrible since the China saga. Where is the competition to push him to get better? We fans see it, why is the coaching crew not seeing this? Automatic starts won't push him.

I mean last week he managed to get 2 assists out of horrible errors he made. And he continued it again today. The last 30 minutes of the game I watched, he was very bad. Yet he played the full 90 minutes.

Inexcusable.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:My thoughts about this game.

The press will overreact of course, and so will some fans, but this is just one game.
JMO just outcoached Chelsea by taking advantage of his knowledge of this Chelsea team, and some inspired lineup choices. Sitting Ibrahimovich for Rashford was an inspired, gutsy move, and it paid off. They also had a lot of luck as well, but you need luck to win these games.

All in all, JMO should be proud of his team and his tactical choices, but this doesnt mean the next time they meet, Conte will allow himself to be so out hustled again.

Checkmate Manure.
Charlie my padi..let next time come first. :lol:
Egbon Oloye, this game was just pure Maroko style hustle by JMO.
Conte knew he had messed up his tactics the moment the second half started.

This game go pain am, and it should. But I really doubt the next time these 2 managers meet, JMO will be able to use overlooked Rashford so successfully again.
Next time they meet, na 100 million euros Antoine Griezmann e go use. :wink:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:My thoughts about this game.

The press will overreact of course, and so will some fans, but this is just one game.
JMO just outcoached Chelsea by taking advantage of his knowledge of this Chelsea team, and some inspired lineup choices. Sitting Ibrahimovich for Rashford was an inspired, gutsy move, and it paid off. They also had a lot of luck as well, but you need luck to win these games.

All in all, JMO should be proud of his team and his tactical choices, but this doesnt mean the next time they meet, Conte will allow himself to be so out hustled again.

Checkmate Manure.
Charlie my padi..let next time come first. :lol:
Egbon Oloye, this game was just pure Maroko style hustle by JMO.
Conte knew he had messed up his tactics the moment the second half started.

This game go pain am, and it should. But I really doubt the next time these 2 managers meet, JMO will be able to use overlooked Rashford so successfully again.
You know before say Jose na Maroko area boy him be! :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
balo wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

did you watch today's game?

why was Courtois absent? The formation nko

no mind Gbola. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Watching again, Mr ref was right on cue. :clap:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

:lol: You see Costa you see Eric Bailly.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Still 4 points clear. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and refocus on the task at hand.

Chelsea could afford 2 losses until the end of the season. One of them happened to a great and business-like Man U team today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The weekend of football will be completely satisfactory when Boro does the honors tomorrow :thumbs:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ceejay22 wrote:Conte was out coached today. I'm not sure why Pedro wasnt deployed as a LWB after Alonso was injured and RLC played up top instead of starting with Zouma. Messing with our back line today hurt the players confidence more than anything. Now it's going to be a nervous finish. I'm beginning to doubt if we will win the league
I too got confused by Conte's removal of Moses. Zouma cant play RWB!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lingard and rashford ran that Chelsea defense ragged, once you take Hazard out if the equation, Chelsea looks ordinary, Costa relies on Hazard through balls and skills, we have not lost in like 20 games, it's a shame we played too many draws, we are supposed to be in the top 3, we still have some big games to play but top 4 is within reach
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:The weekend of football will be completely satisfactory when Boro does the honors tomorrow :thumbs:.
I actually want the arse to win tomorrow so they don't miss out on the Europa league :mrgreen:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Watching from the beginning on DVR now.

Second week in a row that goals are scored against Chelsea after a handball.

Although in Herrera's case, I don't think it was intentional.