[TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: The weekend of football will be completely satisfactory when Boro does the honors tomorrow :thumbs:.
I actually want the arse to win tomorrow so they don't miss out on the Europa league :mrgreen:
Bro, they have 7th on lock down so no fear of them losing out on European football even if Boro makes the weekend perfect :thumbs:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Moses off??????
Its the right move. They have no midfield, and VM just returned from injury.
Letting Mikel go is catching up with Conte. God no dey sleep.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:Still 4 points clear. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and refocus on the task at hand.

Chelsea could afford 2 losses until the end of the season. One of them happened to a great and business-like Man U team today.
:mrgreen:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:Watching from the beginning on DVR now.

Second week in a row that goals are scored against Chelsea after a handball.

Although in Herrera's case, I don't think it was intentional.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Costa kills counter attacks after counter attacks, yet he gets games.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rojo/bailly partnership is Lethal
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Despite causing the 2nd goal, Kante still did enough to help the team. Seemed like only him, Hazard and Pedro wanted to be on the field.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:Despite causing the 2nd goal, Kante still did enough to help the team. Seemed like only him, Hazard and Pedro wanted to be on the field.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:Despite causing the 2nd goal, Kante still did enough to help the team. Seemed like only him, Hazard and Pedro wanted to be on the field.
are you sure you watched the game?

Hazard was pocketed, did sh*ite all game.

To be fair though, your whole team was sh*te, and we would have spanked you at SB in the Fa Cup

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:

To be fair though, your whole team was sh*te, and we would have spanked you at SB in the Fa Cup
You are asking Gbola if he watched a game, when he was in church? The man is pretending to be watching a replay, my friend! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Fire Conte ...
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:

Team was bad. But despite that, those 3 showed up. Hazard was held by a great defensive work from Herrera. Costa on the other hand, for example, was just killing the team with terrible plays.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

bepanda wrote:Fire Conte ...

LOL. Not yet.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dear Oloye

At what point will you admit that The Big Fella had a great game

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
joplass wrote:
balo wrote:Haven't seen Chelsea play this badly since Liverpool and Arsenal games early in the season.
It was not so much Chelsea but Man Utd had it correct. Costa was totally infective, even his usually bullying and antics did not work against Man Utd.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

anyone who watched the FA Cup game knew that this was coming.

michael Cox says it 100%

This is very true.
I was very confident this time because of what i saw during the FA Cup encounter, especially before the red card.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Chelsea rested for 7 days before this game, seven f*cking days

We played in Belgium on Thursday, or was it Holland?

where tf is Anderlecht sef?

Anyway, we stuffed the London c*nts and I am so happy.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

How can he lose to Jose?
Jose has never lost to Wenger
balo wrote:
LOL. Not yet.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
joplass wrote:
balo wrote:Haven't seen Chelsea play this badly since Liverpool and Arsenal games early in the season.
It was not so much Chelsea but Man Utd had it correct. Costa was totally infective, even his usually bullying and antics did not work against Man Utd.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

anyone who watched the FA Cup game knew that this was coming.

michael Cox says it 100%

This is very true.
I was very confident this time because of what i saw during the FA Cup encounter, especially before the red card.

Next to Spurs, United has played Chelsea better than anyone else; that is since the 4-0 shellacking...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

bepanda wrote:How can he lose to Jose?
Jose has never lost to Wenger
balo wrote:
LOL. Not yet.

So long as he wins the EPL. Losing a few games won't matter.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:Dear Oloye

At what point will you admit that The Big Fella had a great game
I am not one to deny a man his dues..he had a decent game, but he was still sloppy. But i will give a 6.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) Andrew Smith was immense today. Marked Hazard out of the game, tackled and passed crisply, provided the assist and through ball for the first goal, and scored the second.

2) Lingard was brilliant today. Best game I have seen him play for MUFC. Which makes it even more puzzling that he was subbed with 30 minutes remaining (see 3 below).

3) PLEASE Jose, STOP doing that 'park the bus' thing you do every time the team takes the lead. Taking off attacking players and replacing them with 30 minutes to go in the hopes of holding a lead is risky. It cost the team points and victories against Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Everton, etc and nearly cost him the game against Boro. Shutting up shop with 5-10 minutes to go is understandable. Doing it with 30 minutes to go takes pressure off the opposition defence, allows the opposition to push up and attack, and invites pressure. The net effect of taking off Lingard with 30 minutes left was to let Chelsea back into the game, force Man Utd to defend, leave Rashford up front on his own against 3 defenders, and for Man Utd defenders to pick up yellow cards because they spent so much time defending.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:1) Andrew Smith was immense today. Marked Hazard out of the game, tackled and passed crisply, provided the assist and through ball for the first goal, and scored the second.

2) Lingard was brilliant today. Best game I have seen him play for MUFC. Which makes it even more puzzling that he was subbed with 30 minutes remaining (see 3 below).

3) PLEASE Jose, STOP doing that 'park the bus' thing you do every time the team takes the lead. Taking off attacking players and replacing them with 30 minutes to go in the hopes of holding a lead is risky. It cost the team points and victories against Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Everton, etc and nearly cost him the game against Boro. Shutting up shop with 5-10 minutes to go is understandable. Doing it with 30 minutes to go takes pressure off the opposition defence, allows the opposition to push up and attack, and invites pressure. The net effect of taking off Lingard with 30 minutes left was to let Chelsea back into the game, force Man Utd to defend, leave Rashford up front on his own against 3 defenders, and for Man Utd defenders to pick up yellow cards because they spent so much time defending.
i was expecting a Mkhi sub for Lingard.

When Carrick came on, i was shocked.

Carrick and The Big Fella

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I cannot chelsea let Mikel go, but kept Matic