[TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Post by tfco »

I still do not rate Lingard.

Something is just off.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

ANC wrote:I cannot chelsea let Mikel go, but kept Matic
Letting Mikel go was something personal with Conte. It was to punish him. Moreover most European coaches do not like Nigerians that much anyway. You can see how the coaches treat them. Even though they are better than what they have on the field, the coaches would rather lose than have a Nigerian play important role for them.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Igugu wrote:
ANC wrote:I cannot chelsea let Mikel go, but kept Matic
Letting Mikel go was something personal with Conte. It was to punish him. Moreover most European coaches do not like Nigerians that much anyway. You can see how the coaches treat them. Even though they are better than what they have on the field, the coaches would rather lose than have a Nigerian play important role for them.
Haba you going too far.....but Conte is a fool to let Mikel go just like that also Wenger and Klopp also a fool not to go for him
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Igugu[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]ANC[/color] wrote: I cannot chelsea let Mikel go, but kept Matic
Moses! Ndidi!! Success!!! Please pray, tell, how these guys support your argument.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Injuries, not so much tactics, has been the decisive factor in the EPL this season. Look how much one key injury, Marcos Alonso, affected Chelsea today...

They are the only top team that has avoided the injury bug for the most part.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:1) Andrew Smith was immense today. Marked Hazard out of the game, tackled and passed crisply, provided the assist and through ball for the first goal, and scored the second.

2) Lingard was brilliant today. Best game I have seen him play for MUFC. Which makes it even more puzzling that he was subbed with 30 minutes remaining (see 3 below).

3) PLEASE Jose, STOP doing that 'park the bus' thing you do every time the team takes the lead. Taking off attacking players and replacing them with 30 minutes to go in the hopes of holding a lead is risky. It cost the team points and victories against Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Everton, etc and nearly cost him the game against Boro. Shutting up shop with 5-10 minutes to go is understandable. Doing it with 30 minutes to go takes pressure off the opposition defence, allows the opposition to push up and attack, and invites pressure. The net effect of taking off Lingard with 30 minutes left was to let Chelsea back into the game, force Man Utd to defend, leave Rashford up front on his own against 3 defenders, and for Man Utd defenders to pick up yellow cards because they spent so much time defending.
i was expecting a Mkhi sub for Lingard.

When Carrick came on, i was shocked.

Carrick and The Big Fella
stop being shocked. Jose is a top manager with multiple trophies at top clubs for a reason. I cautioned guys on this thread who were making a mockery of the lineup that Jose was up to something, and not just winging it like a certain Winger... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: his lineup totally dominated and nullified Chelsea.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United v Chelsea

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:Fellaini...might as well give the 3 points to Chelsea

Jose's plan is to deal with Chelsea physically.
A fallacious tactics that has not suceeded against Chelsea, instead it makes his team look bad and he clueless
Really :D jose yeye chelsea, bobo set trap ,alas Liverpool a few seasons back
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

For once mourinho was spot on with his tactics, when I saw the line up, I was hoping to get a result at least, at the same time we have not lost in like 21games which is bizarre considering we are 5th in the league, well I hope we can approach our remaining games like we did yesterday, it seems the old man united pace is the key, something Zlatan cannot give us especially when we play the likes of city, spurs, if we can keep the same intensity, we will finish top 4
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:1) Andrew Smith was immense today. Marked Hazard out of the game, tackled and passed crisply, provided the assist and through ball for the first goal, and scored the second.

2) Lingard was brilliant today. Best game I have seen him play for MUFC. Which makes it even more puzzling that he was subbed with 30 minutes remaining (see 3 below).

3) PLEASE Jose, STOP doing that 'park the bus' thing you do every time the team takes the lead. Taking off attacking players and replacing them with 30 minutes to go in the hopes of holding a lead is risky. It cost the team points and victories against Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Everton, etc and nearly cost him the game against Boro. Shutting up shop with 5-10 minutes to go is understandable. Doing it with 30 minutes to go takes pressure off the opposition defence, allows the opposition to push up and attack, and invites pressure. The net effect of taking off Lingard with 30 minutes left was to let Chelsea back into the game, force Man Utd to defend, leave Rashford up front on his own against 3 defenders, and for Man Utd defenders to pick up yellow cards because they spent so much time defending.
i was expecting a Mkhi sub for Lingard.

When Carrick came on, i was shocked.

Carrick and The Big Fella
stop being shocked. Jose is a top manager with multiple trophies at top clubs for a reason. I cautioned guys on this thread who were making a mockery of the lineup that Jose was up to something, and not just winging it like a certain Winger... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: his lineup totally dominated and nullified Chelsea.
Fear dey me sha when this short man come to emirate,oh lord help my beloved and allow Jose park bus from kick off and come for a draw then bless us with two fast goals,score by Sanchez and KOS
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I think Manu will decide who win the league when they travel to lane to face spurs.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United v Chelsea

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I am rooting for the lily livered of Manchester. For once register a win.
You might want to rethink when you see their line up. Their coach has decided to throw the EPL away in favor of the EL. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Although, to be fair, I no blame am. EL is more important to them at this point.
:?: :?: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kajifu

I enjoy your posts on CE too much

Dude you are all over the place hahahah

:rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Igugu[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]ANC[/color] wrote: I cannot chelsea let Mikel go, but kept Matic
Moses! Ndidi!! Success!!! Please pray, tell, how these guys support your argument.
...all it takes is injury and bad form upon return to see their coaches start losing faith.
See Moses sputtered come back after injury, he was quickly replaced yesterday as if he were the team's culprit.
See how Pep at City is keeping faith with season long injured Jesus, but fit Iheanacho is never used.
The thing is our guys have to put in 110% to be favored, and I hope Ndidi does that at Leicester.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

^ I think say na joke

You actually believe what you wrote.

Eiish cybereagles

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd cannot win the EPL (and it will take their best form of the season for them to finish in the top 4). However they will play the most decisive role in determining who wins the EPL and who finishes in the top 4 (since their run-in includes Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, and Spurs).
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

wanaj0 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Bailly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rashford :clap: :clap:
Herrara :clap: :clap: :clap:
Young :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rojo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
They all showed up. Unlike Pogba :taunt: :taunt:
I wonder why kanté was anonymous.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Nigerians do not have much football clout in Europe, well maybe in Belgium and Norway.

If you are Brazilian, as soon as you tell them your name, they will pave entire streets for you, with your name embossed in gold. All the more reason why we need to win the World Cup.

They are already talking about Jesus like he is some Ronaldo or Neymar. What exactly has the chap done? A little bit here and there, but he is been hyped like he is proven! He is not proven in my books.

If we have that type of clout, even our most useless players will be given the benefit of the doubt!

We are still at that level, where our players do not have much leeway. They are seen as collateral a lot of time!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]wiseone[/color] wrote: Man Utd cannot win the EPL (and it will take their best form of the season for them to finish in the top 4). However they will play the most decisive role in determining who wins the EPL and who finishes in the top 4 (since their run-in includes Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, and Spurs).
How many more times will ManU play Chelsea in the league oh wise one :blink:?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

bamenda boy wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Bailly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rashford :clap: :clap:
Herrara :clap: :clap: :clap:
Young :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rojo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
They all showed up. Unlike Pogba :taunt: :taunt:
I wonder why kanté was anonymous.

Kante wasn't anonymous as you thought. But if most of the team were off their games, everyone else appeared very bad. Matic was beyond poor. The defense was in shambles. Luiz was so bad, it was beyond ridiculous.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Tbite[/color] wrote: Nigerians do not have much football clout in Europe, well maybe in Belgium and Norway.

If you are Brazilian, as soon as you tell them your name, they will pave entire streets for you, with your name embossed in gold. All the more reason why we need to win the World Cup.

They are already talking about Jesus like he is some Ronaldo or Neymar. What exactly has the chap done? A little bit here and there, but he is been hyped like he is proven! He is not proven in my books.

If we have that type of clout, even our most useless players will be given the benefit of the doubt!

We are still at that level, where our players do not have much leeway. They are seen as collateral a lot of time!
What are you talking about? Paulinho was shipped out to China, William that came to the league same time as Eriksen is chopping bench, Gomes is now keeping for Watford after losing his spot to Lloris while Oscar is hardly getting a look in. Ex-internationals such Okocha, Kanu, Amokachi and Babayaro have paved the way for Nigerian players to get a really good shot in the EPL so your assertions don't hold sway.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote: Kante wasn't anonymous as you thought. But if most of the team were off their games, everyone else appeared very bad. Matic was beyond poor. The defense was in shambles. Luiz was so bad, it was beyond ridiculous.
Kante has set the bar very high

When he under performs, he is anonymous. Yesterday, he did not break up play as he is known to

He was anon. Lingard and Rashford ran at Chelsea with abandon.

No lie, but with better finishing, that game would have been 4-0 at HT

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

From Michael Cox at the Guardian.

He knows a bit more about football than most.

José Mourinho’s Manchester United are not the first side to defeat Antonio Conte’s Chelsea, and not even the first side to defeat Conte’s Chelsea since their season-changing switch to 3-4-3 back in October.

But no other side has nullified Chelsea’s attacking threats so effectively – this was the first time for a decade that Chelsea did not have a shot on target in a Premier League match. Suddenly, the title race is back on, and Chelsea’s upcoming opponents have a tactical template to follow.

Mourinho’s primary strategy was simple: man-marking Eden Hazard, Chelsea’s dangerman and the player he fell out with so spectacularly last season. This should not have come as a surprise, considering Mourinho used this approach in the recent 1-0 FA Cup quarter-final defeat at Stamford Bridge, when Phil Jones was deployed in that role, but Ander Herrera was dismissed for fouling Hazard when the Belgian drifted into his zone. Herrera was given that responsibility here, and played the role to perfection. Only one player in the Premier League, Middlesbrough’s speedy winger Adama Traoré, has dribbled past opponents more frequently than Hazard this season, and yet at Old Trafford he did not attempt a single dribble. He was starved of possession, starved of space and Herrera deserves great credit for his diligence.

It was peculiar, however, that Hazard and Chelsea did not have an obvious plan for combating this man-marking approach, considering Mourinho had showcased these tactics in that FA Cup meeting. Indeed, while Mourinho complained that Herrera’s dismissal was the turning point in that match, with some justification, Chelsea had grown into the contest before his red card, precisely because Hazard and Willian drifted around, swapped positions, and confused United’s man-marking.

Here, Hazard did not show enough tactical intelligence to drag Herrera into uncomfortable positions, and Chelsea’s attacking play suffered badly. Conte’s decision to switch wing-backs César Azpilicueta and Victor Moses after half an hour, putting the latter to the left, was seemingly to provide more attacking intent down that flank and allow Hazard to drift around.

Herrera’s man-marking role meant he played little part in Manchester United’s attacking play, so it was unfitting that he played the crucial pass for their opener. He intercepted a pass intended for Hazard – with an outstretched arm – before curling a wonderful ball in behind the Chelsea defence for Marcus Rashford to sprint onto, and beat the advancing Asmir Begovic.

This justified Mourinho’s decision to start Rashford ahead of Ibrahimovic – in the FA Cup game, with the Swede suspended, Rashford had worked the channels effectively and outwitted David Luiz, but missed his one key chance. This time he played similarly, had more support with Jesse Lingard pushed forward into a second striker role, and underlined his potential to become an exceptional all-round striker. At the start of the second half, Herrera’s deflected shot extended United’s lead.

After the second goal Conte changed things, introducing Cesc Fàbregas for Moses, and asking the Spaniard to play at the top of midfield. This briefly caused United confusion, as Fàbregas was playing in Herrera’s natural zone, and he suddenly looked worried about the threat of stopping both Hazard and Fàbregas. Five minutes later, however, Mourinho introduced Michael Carrick for Lingard, moving from 4-4-1-1 to 4-1-4-1, and Carrick focused on nullifying Fàbregas. At times this was a total man-marking exhibition, with Mourinho seen frantically shouting at left-back Matteo Darmian to stick tightly to Willian, another substitute, in the closing stages. Such strict man-marking is relatively rare in the modern game, but Sir Alex Ferguson used Jones in that role against key dangermen – Gareth Bale, Marouane Fellaini, Cristiano Ronaldo – in his final season, and Louis van Gaal’s midfield pressing strategy often involved nothing more than three man-marking jobs. United, more than most sides, are accustomed to that approach, although it is doubtful whether it is a viable long-term strategy.

The more pressing question, however, is how Chelsea will respond to this defeat. This match underlined their reliance upon Hazard for attacking inspiration, with Diego Costa seemingly focusing upon his squabble with Marcos Rojo, Pedro also subject to tight marking, and little creativity from midfield before the introduction of Fàbregas. Conte can point to the absences of goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and left-wing-back Marcos Alonso to explain his side’s sluggishness, but title winners should be capable of coping without two first-choice players. Their run-in is relatively simple, but Hazard can expect more problems with man-marking after the success of Mourinho’s approach here. Conte, so revered for his tactical intelligence this season, must find a solution

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote: Injuries, not so much tactics, has been the decisive factor in the EPL this season. Look how much one key injury, Marcos Alonso, affected Chelsea today...

They are the only top team that has avoided the injury bug for the most part.
Mr After the Facts, you have come again. So you are saying Conte did not have any tactical input that has given Chelsea the lead right? Interesting that you are attributing their rise to them staying fit. How many players have ARSEnal, ManU and Man City lost to injury compared to Chelsea? Quite negligible.