Hoffenheim interested in Nacho (Link in German)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Hoffenheim interested in Nacho (Link in German)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well he is ambitious. . I support him..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:This will break your hearts!

Iheanacho ready to fight for place at Manchester City

By Oluwashina Okeleji

BBC Sport, Nigeria

8 hours ago From the section Football

Kelechi Iheanacho is struggling to make Manchester City's first team this season

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to fight for his place in the team, amidst competition from Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero.

The Nigeria international, 20, has scored seven goals this season but has found first-team chances harder to come by than during his debut campaign.

Despite only five Premier League starts this season, Iheanacho welcomes the extra competition and insists he is improving by playing alongside great players.

All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day
Kelechi Iheanacho
Nigeria and Manchester City striker

"I cannot pretend that I don't hear what people back home [in Nigeria] say about my lack of regular football but I will continue to fight," Iheanacho told BBC Sport.

"I don't worry about those comments. All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day.

"Sergio Aguero and Gabriel [Jesus] are really really great players that we need in our team.

"As a young player, I'm happy playing alongside these fantastic players because I learn and get better every day.

"It's a big thing for my career to compete with these players. I'm okay with the way things are going and I wish Gabriel a quick recovery to return and help the team."

Iheanacho scored 14 times and produced seven assists last season even though 25 of his 36 appearances were as a substitute.

That feat saw him finish as City's third-highest scorer in all competitions, behind Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne.

At international level, Iheanacho has scored five goals in eight appearances for Nigeria since making his senior debut against Swaziland in November 2015.

He starred as Nigeria won the 2013 Fifa U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates for a record fourth-time.

He emerged as the tournament's outstanding player, being voted the Most Valuable Player.

Iheanacho scored six goals to secure the Silver Boot as the competition's second-highest goal-scorer.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39680585

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
My brother, continue to do your best for YOU and YOUR FAMILY, alone. Dont mind what any cretin says about your career. These low lives do not care about you or your family. They only care about shouting "goallll" and beating their chests to their friends. nonsense
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

By Oluwashina Okeleji

BBC Sport, Nigeria

Kelechi Iheanacho is struggling to make Manchester City's first team this season

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to fight for his place in the team, amidst competition from Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero.

The Nigeria international, 20, has scored seven goals this season but has found first-team chances harder to come by than during his debut campaign.

Despite only five Premier League starts this season, Iheanacho welcomes the extra competition and insists he is improving by playing alongside great players.

All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day
Kelechi Iheanacho

"I cannot pretend that I don't hear what people back home [in Nigeria] say about my lack of regular football but I will continue to fight," Iheanacho told BBC Sport.

"I don't worry about those comments. All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day.

"Sergio Aguero and Gabriel [Jesus] are really really great players that we need in our team.

"As a young player, I'm happy playing alongside these fantastic players because I learn and get better every day.

"It's a big thing for my career to compete with these players. I'm okay with the way things are going and I wish Gabriel a quick recovery to return and help the team."

Iheanacho scored 14 times and produced seven assists last season even though 25 of his 36 appearances were as a substitute.

That feat saw him finish as City's third-highest scorer in all competitions, behind Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne.

At international level, Iheanacho has scored five goals in eight appearances for Nigeria since making his senior debut against Swaziland in November 2015.

He starred as Nigeria won the 2013 Fifa U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates for a record fourth-time.

He emerged as the tournament's outstanding player, being voted the Most Valuable Player.

Iheanacho scored six goals to secure the Silver Boot as the competition's second-highest goal-scorer.
You all heard it from the horse's mouth , Another Mikel in making . Always fighting for a shirt. Never ever fulfilled expectations. In other words I'm okay with the paltry playtime accorded to me as long as I receive my pay check every pay period . Not even regularly making the bench is obviously fine with me . After all I'm in a team which consists of world class super stars. Any minimal role is surely dandy with me. The question is how does he know he is improving and doing well everyday when he barely plays in any match. I wonder who must have been feeding him all these BS.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Not another Mikel.

Mikel got a lot of minutes in his heydey, lets not rewrite history. Google Mikel's minutes!

Because of Chelsea's incredibly busy schedule, Mikel would get at least 2000 minutes every season (on average), off the top of my head.

So on average Mikel would play over 20 FULL games. That's not a bench player lol. How many African players in history averaged that sort of minutes at a top club? You can even compare his minutes with Essien, although some will say Essien had his injuries.

At this stage, he will be lucky to be as good as Mikel. No amount of talent can bridge the need for playing time.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

bully12 wrote:

By Oluwashina Okeleji

BBC Sport, Nigeria

Kelechi Iheanacho

You all heard it from the horse's mouth , Another Mikel in making . Always fighting for a shirt. Never ever fulfilled expectations. In other words I'm okay with the paltry playtime accorded to me as long as I receive my pay check every pay period . Not even regularly making the bench is obviously fine with me . After all I'm in a team which consists of world class super stars. Any minimal role is surely dandy with me. The question is how does he know he is improving and doing well everyday when he barely plays in any match. I wonder who must have been feeding him all these BS.
So you want him to say he will run away from fighting for a shirt?

The change of coach affected Iheanacho. Rushing to leave may not necessarily be a solution. He need to just wait to see a coach that will trust him more. For all you care, Pep may get the sack in a few months time! See players that JM thought are rubbish in Chelsea now becoming important players in the team. Victor Moses is a good example.

Career decisions are not only about SE!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Tbite wrote:Not another Mikel.

Mikel got a lot of minutes in his heydey, lets not rewrite history. Google Mikel's minutes!

Because of Chelsea's incredibly busy schedule, Mikel would get at least 2000 minutes every season (on average), off the top of my head.

So on average Mikel would play over 20 FULL games. That's not a bench player lol. How many African players in history averaged that sort of minutes at a top club? You can even compare his minutes with Essien, although some will say Essien had his injuries.

At this stage, he will be lucky to be as good as Mikel. No amount of talent can bridge the need for playing time.
Honestly, I don't want to cast disparagement to Mikel's achievements . Yes there is no doubt he reached a milestone in his career but the incontrovertible fact Mikel never fulfilled the expectations of his fans because of his perfunctory attitude . From all indications he did nothing in his career to reach above and beyond . Invariably he has a gargantuan potential to be one of the best in his chosen field . He was mostly used as a water carrier or mop boy in Chelsea and treated contemptuously and chastised by some Chelsea coaches. He never commandeered the respect he deserved. .Unfortunately, he was copacetic with it. Don't misunderstand me he achieved a lot but what he accomplished was far below his optimum .