Toby Alderweireld

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Toby Alderweireld

Post by toyin133 »

txj wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It will not make sense for Toby to leave in the summer especially as he is an integral part of what MoPo is building for the future. If it is about money then his agent is doing the right thing whipping up interest from other parties but if it is about how to grow his career then Spurs is where his future lies. There is a comradeship in that team that is unrivaled elsewhere with the contingent of Belgians in the team supporting each other. Toby and Verts have a perfect partnership and know each other's game so well. With Dembele in the mix they will continue to be the future of their national team.

I seriously doubt Levy will sanction this sale especially if MoPo says he shouldn't go.
Read the "story" yourself, it's mostly boolsheet
I wouldn't necessarily sniff at DiMarzio, esp wrt info on Italian clubs...
Maybe, but DiMarzio's record with Spurs transfers is poor.
Inter might want to sign Alderweireld and Alderweireld might want to go to Inter but Spurs are not going to sell unless Inter pay over the odds so the story is nonsense.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: In as much as Spurs are on an upwards trend, they are still not a top tier club. They may get there someday but at the moment they are a step below the top tiers. That said, there is a good chance some players will leave to play for bigger clubs and Inter is in a different level to Spurs. Though they are having rough times but they are still more attractive than Spurs for a player who wants to play for bigger clubs.

I know some of you do not want to hear that but it is what it is. A 2 years of contending for the EPL does not mean Spurs has arrived. All it takes is MoPo leaving and the Status quo of few years ago will become the norm again.
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: This is not true. Why would Poch and even Levy discuss Toby's future at a time when they are in the frame of making history at the club? These contract talks will happen in June. We cannot afford to have these stupid distractions to disrupt the camp unlike Chelsea with John Terry's announcement to leave the club.
And if that man wants to leave at the end of his contract, there is nothing Levi can do.
No matter how you try to sugarcoat it Inter are no longer the force of yesteryear. Sure they have a big stadium, have large crowd and command respect around the world but for a player's career they are not such an attractive proposition. If you need the money sure but to enhance your career, No. What's more Alderweirld's release clause can't be activated until 2019 so that gives Levy enough time to sort it out. There is every incentive for him to sign the contract extension he is given as most of the guys he is playing with have signed their's so he knows Tottenham are heading in the right direction.

Oh, just so you know, Tottenham has a worldwide fan base and that base continues to expand. Selling out the 80K Wembley stadium 4 times is no easy feat. Building a 61K capacity stadium with season tickets sold out before completion of the stadium tells you all need to know. Once the stadium is completed we will be in a strong position to start competing on wage level with other teams. Inter is not a level greater than Spurs.
They are prepping for a major rebuilding job in the summer...
Anyone who is paying attention will tell you that the serie A is stirring again...
So what? Buying doesn't equate to success, ask both Manchester clubs. If your club has been in the doldrums for ages it won't dramatically reverse course overnight. That project has a long way to go and Alderweirld is not getting any younger to see that project to fruition. He is 28 years old. Assuming Inter succeeds next season and make the CL that will put him at 29 fast approaching 30. If they don't make it then his window of opportunity will begin to shut down on ever playing at the highest level. Meanwhile if he stays with Spurs he will get to play CL football again next season, compete for the PL and build a legacy.
You are assuming all these underperforming teams this year will repeat again next year? Watch
- ManU buy Greizman for $200 million and finish 3rd,
- Chelsea will be top 2,
- Man City not to be outdone will buy James of RM for $180 million and finish top 2.
- Liverpool buys Lukaku for $90Million and 'slip' to 4th.
- Arsenal sells Alexis and buys Dwight Gayle for $29 million and fights Liverpool for 4th again.

Where does that leave you? :D
You listen to the pundits too much rather than analyze facts. Those who critically analyzed Spurs last season would have told you that was not a 1 off like Leicester but an actual acclamation of what's to come. If you think Spurs will fade next season then you are going to be in for a shocker. MoPo has Levy's back to build an incredible team that is going to compete season after season, not in a financial doping way but organically. What you keep assuming is money solves every problem.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Any news to try and unsettle Spurs before we enter the critical ten days that will define our season, I will take such stories with a spoonful of salt.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: In as much as Spurs are on an upwards trend, they are still not a top tier club. They may get there someday but at the moment they are a step below the top tiers. That said, there is a good chance some players will leave to play for bigger clubs and Inter is in a different level to Spurs. Though they are having rough times but they are still more attractive than Spurs for a player who wants to play for bigger clubs.

I know some of you do not want to hear that but it is what it is. A 2 years of contending for the EPL does not mean Spurs has arrived. All it takes is MoPo leaving and the Status quo of few years ago will become the norm again.
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: This is not true. Why would Poch and even Levy discuss Toby's future at a time when they are in the frame of making history at the club? These contract talks will happen in June. We cannot afford to have these stupid distractions to disrupt the camp unlike Chelsea with John Terry's announcement to leave the club.
And if that man wants to leave at the end of his contract, there is nothing Levi can do.
No matter how you try to sugarcoat it Inter are no longer the force of yesteryear. Sure they have a big stadium, have large crowd and command respect around the world but for a player's career they are not such an attractive proposition. If you need the money sure but to enhance your career, No. What's more Alderweirld's release clause can't be activated until 2019 so that gives Levy enough time to sort it out. There is every incentive for him to sign the contract extension he is given as most of the guys he is playing with have signed their's so he knows Tottenham are heading in the right direction.

Oh, just so you know, Tottenham has a worldwide fan base and that base continues to expand. Selling out the 80K Wembley stadium 4 times is no easy feat. Building a 61K capacity stadium with season tickets sold out before completion of the stadium tells you all need to know. Once the stadium is completed we will be in a strong position to start competing on wage level with other teams. Inter is not a level greater than Spurs.
They are prepping for a major rebuilding job in the summer...
Anyone who is paying attention will tell you that the serie A is stirring again...
So what? Buying doesn't equate to success, ask both Manchester clubs. If your club has been in the doldrums for ages it won't dramatically reverse course overnight. That project has a long way to go and Alderweirld is not getting any younger to see that project to fruition. He is 28 years old. Assuming Inter succeeds next season and make the CL that will put him at 29 fast approaching 30. If they don't make it then his window of opportunity will begin to shut down on ever playing at the highest level. Meanwhile if he stays with Spurs he will get to play CL football again next season, compete for the PL and build a legacy.
You are assuming all these underperforming teams this year will repeat again next year? Watch
- ManU buy Greizman for $200 million and finish 3rd,
- Chelsea will be top 2,
- Man City not to be outdone will buy James of RM for $180 million and finish top 2.
- Liverpool buys Lukaku for $90Million and 'slip' to 4th.
- Arsenal sells Alexis and buys Dwight Gayle for $29 million and fights Liverpool for 4th again.

Where does that leave you? :D
You listen to the pundits too much rather than analyze facts. Those who critically analyzed Spurs last season would have told you that was not a 1 off like Leicester but an actual acclamation of what's to come. If you think Spurs will fade next season then you are going to be in for a shocker. MoPo has Levy's back to build an incredible team that is going to compete season after season, not in a financial doping way but organically. What you keep assuming is money solves every problem.
I was kidding about those numbers, but facts still remain, while Spurs are getting better so will other teams.

Organically can get you so far. Reasons being, while you are growing/developing new talents, the more matured ones could be lured away. Spurs cannot, I repeat cannot attract top of the shelf established stars. They do not have the wherewithal or pedigree for such a venture. True they may unearth some hidden talents but a combination of players lured by big money/bigger clubs coupled with stadium building which hampers your financial powers will be a hindrance to Spurs achieving some goals.

When your organically developed players are ready for that big buck, can you do it with the stadium payments hanging around your neck?

And no Spurs is not a 1 off, they will contend but winning is another ball game. Since inception of EPL, ManU, Arsenal,ManCity and Chelsea has been contending for the title among themselves except in cased of Blackburn or Leicester. Spurs will contend along with Liverpool to make it a 5-6 way race for a title but I don't think they are winning it for reasons outlines above.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: I was kidding about those numbers, but facts still remain, while Spurs are getting better so will other teams.

Organically can get you so far. Reasons being, while you are growing/developing new talents, the more matured ones could be lured away. Spurs cannot, I repeat cannot attract top of the shelf established stars. They do not have the wherewithal or pedigree for such a venture. True they may unearth some hidden talents but a combination of players lured by big money/bigger clubs coupled with stadium building which hampers your financial powers will be a hindrance to Spurs achieving some goals.

When your organically developed players are ready for that big buck, can you do it with the stadium payments hanging around your neck?

And no Spurs is not a 1 off, they will contend but winning is another ball game. Since inception of EPL, ManU, Arsenal,ManCity and Chelsea has been contending for the title among themselves except in cased of Blackburn or Leicester. Spurs will contend along with Liverpool to make it a 5-6 way race for a title but I don't think they are winning it for reasons outlines above.
Look at Spurs more closely and you realize something is different about this team. It is not built on one aspect but a sum-total. Lloris goes down and Vorm (not as good and reliable) slots in and the team still doesn't concede; Walker injured/rested and Trippier comes and the bombing forward never stops, same goes with Rose who is replaced with Davis; We have Alderweirld and Verthongen in CD, if either goes down we have Dier and Wimmer to fill the role; Kane has been injured a few times this season yet the goal hasn't dried up. My point is MoPo builds a team that has players that come in and continue doing the job that the regular is doing. He is not looking to buy big stars rather he wants young, hungry and most especially coachable players that will follow his game plan. So far it is working so there is no reason why Spurs won't continue to compete season after season even if Alderweirld leaves.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: I was kidding about those numbers, but facts still remain, while Spurs are getting better so will other teams.

And no Spurs is not a 1 off, they will contend but winning is another ball game. Since inception of EPL, ManU, Arsenal,ManCity and Chelsea has been contending for the title among themselves except in cases of Blackburn or Leicester. Spurs will contend along with Liverpool to make it a 5-6 way race for a title but I don't think they are winning it for reasons outlined above.
Look at Spurs more closely and you realize something is different about this team. It is not built on one aspect but a sum-total. Lloris goes down and Vorm (not as good and reliable) slots in and the team still doesn't concede; Walker injured/rested and Trippier comes and the bombing forward never stops, same goes with Rose who is replaced with Davis; We have Alderweirld and Verthongen in CD, if either goes down we have Dier and Wimmer to fill the role; Kane has been injured a few times this season yet the goal hasn't dried up. My point is MoPo builds a team that has players that come in and continue doing the job that the regular is doing. He is not looking to buy big stars rather he wants young, hungry and most especially coachable players that will follow his game plan. So far it is working so there is no reason why Spurs won't continue to compete season after season even if Alderweirld leaves.
And if a big club like Barca or RM or even Inter comes calling and lures away MoPo?

I admit Spurs has a very good thing going with the developing players. But is it systematic or all on MoPo? What happens when some of the established ones are lured away and the newer ones are taking time to mature?

I guess I will wait until they actually wins something, in the form of FA, EPL or European Cup to know you have arrived. Until then, Spurs is still a contender that is not there yet. Aldelweired is a key player for your team and when injured last season, your team suffered. Dier and Wimmer are not a pair any contending team should place their faith on. They are passable if you have solid cover in midfield but without that, they struggle to hold their own.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

And no Spurs is not a 1 off, they will contend but winning is another ball game. Since inception of EPL, ManU, Arsenal,ManCity and Chelsea has been contending for the title among themselves except in cases of Blackburn or Leicester. Spurs will contend along with Liverpool to make it a 5-6 way race for a title but I don't think they are winning it for reasons outlined above.
And if a big club like Barca or RM or even Inter comes calling and lures away MoPo?

I admit Spurs has a very good thing going with the developing players. But is it systematic or all on MoPo? What happens when some of the established ones are lured away and the newer ones are taking time to mature?

I guess I will wait until they actually wins something, in the form of FA, EPL or European Cup to know you have arrived. Until then, Spurs is still a contender that is not there yet. Aldelweired is a key player for your team and when injured last season, your team suffered. Dier and Wimmer are not a pair any contending team should place their faith on. They are passable if you have solid cover in midfield but without that, they struggle to hold their own.
He wasn't injured last season.. Stop embellishing. He was injured this season and so have a few key players at some point. Whether Toby stays or goes, life goes on. We are building a strong unit and not individuals. That does not mean he won't be missed but he's not irreplaceable
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

He wasn't injured last season.. Stop embellishing. He was injured this season and so have a few key players at some point. Whether Toby stays or goes, life goes on. We are building a strong unit and not individuals. That does not mean he won't be missed but he's not irreplaceable
KPOM!! We lost Carrick and qualified for Europe. We lost Berbatov/Keane and qualified for CL. We lost Modric and still qualified for CL. We lost Bale and achieved our highest position in the EPL. Spurs will move on. We lost Sol 'Judas' Campbell despite our plans to pair him with Ledley King (that would have been one wicked defence pairing).
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Spurs already won trophies in the past. Nothing like we have arrived. We are there. It is like someone saying that China is becoming a world power. Sorry they were the world power and now they are coming back after a slump.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Inter have become somewhat bullish these days while Chinese have taken over at Milan. These guys could make Milan derby a top draw again and in fact Serie A competitive one more time.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Spurs already won trophies in the past. Nothing like we have arrived. We are there. It is like someone saying that China is becoming a world power. Sorry they were the world power and now they are coming back after a slump.
I didn't know you guys won a premier league trophy... My bad. When was this? Infact when was the last time you won any top division trophy.

Spurs is doing well in the last 2 years don't mean you guys have shed the flatter to deceive status. You know it will be funny if you finish third again on a 2 horse race.

Are you any means saying Spurs can be equated to China?. Now I can see that you are delusional.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

He won't be missed? This bravado for ever underperforming Spurs is probably reasons why not winning anything by this team makes the world a better place. You attained a 3 ever position in EPL history and you are on Real Madrid and inter levels. Heck you are not even a top 2 team in London. The jury is still out on your team until they lift a trophy. For now they are just growing but not there yet.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I didn't know you guys won a premier league trophy... My bad. When was this? Infact when was the last time you won any top division trophy.

Spurs is doing well in the last 2 years don't mean you guys have shed the flatter to deceive status. You know it will be funny if you finish third again on a 2 horse race.

Are you any means saying Spurs can be equated to China?. Now I can see that you are delusional.
Continue talking as if football began in the EPL era! Flatter to deceive? Last I checked - Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, City have higher wage bills and player expenditures than Spurs yet despite our breaking into the top 4/5 we are the ones that have flattered to deceive. Apart from those five, I believe some clubs also pay some of their players higher than Spurs. Which reminds me What has Arsenal been doing? Spurs finishing third last season was not a shame considering people expected us to not finish in top 4. Even this season, no one expected Spurs to be where it is at the moment EVEN ME!!

My point on China is simple - we were once top dogs in England. Like China, we are on our way to reclaiming that. If that is delusional, then so be it. I remember some years back when I posted about my views on Spurs' progression.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

He won't be missed? This bravado for ever underperforming Spurs is probably reasons why not winning anything by this team makes the world a better place. You attained a 3 ever position in EPL history and you are on Real Madrid and inter levels. Heck you are not even a top 2 team in London. The jury is still out on your team until they lift a trophy. For now they are just growing but not there yet.
Please read my contribution again. I did NOT say he won't be missed but I said he's not irreplaceable. Many have been predicting Spurs doom every time a decent player leaves. Some even said it was foolish to let Harry Redknapp leave. We've never been afraid to make tough calls. Someone left for Toby to arrive. Someone be else will take his place - all it takes is time
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Continue talking as if football began in the EPL era! Flatter to deceive? Last I checked - Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, City have higher wage bills and player expenditures than Spurs yet despite our breaking into the top 4/5 we are the ones that have flattered to deceive. Apart from those five, I believe some clubs also pay some of their players higher than Spurs. Which reminds me What has Arsenal been doing? Spurs finishing third last season was not a shame considering people expected us to not finish in top 4. Even this season, no one expected Spurs to be where it is at the moment EVEN ME!!

My point on China is simple - we were once top dogs in England. Like China, we are on our way to reclaiming that. If that is delusional, then so be it. I remember some years back when I posted about my views on Spurs' progression.
When was this? You mean going from division 2 to winning the first division in 1949-50 season makes you a top dog? Please tell me when Spurs was ever a top dog in England.
I guess I should ask you what your definition of Top Dog is. Winning consistently for a period or just a for a year? Can we first agree on a range for what makes one a top dog? Let go with 10 year span, 5 years? Please explain this your top dog thingy. :D
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Please read my contribution again. I did NOT say he won't be missed but I said he's not irreplaceable. Many have been predicting Spurs doom every time a decent player leaves. Some even said it was foolish to let Harry Redknapp leave. We've never been afraid to make tough calls. Someone left for Toby to arrive. Someone be else will take his place - all it takes is time
My bad I apologize for not quoting you right there. :mrgreen:
I have no dog in this fight, I like Arsenal not like Waffi because I have never been to London nor gone to any Arsenal Game. I believe you guys are on to something but not there yet. Do you have the potential to get there? Possibly,but it will take more than relatively good performances of 2 years to say you have arrived. You have to do it year after year for generations to become a big club. You will have to stop the whimpering performances in Europe too.

Spurs do not have the fan-base as teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Inter etc. Which is the parameter I am using to say you are not an elite club yet. It will take a Kanu type player for Spurs to get its root in Nigeria, A Mahrez /Leicester kind of run to get North Africa(Algeria) and an Alexis kind to get Chile etc. Your organic development and subsequent sales will not allow for this.

See where I am going with this? Your growth will be tied to having a big and transcendent international caliber player. A Kane or Ali will not get you there, they are English and most do not like the English that much.

Spurs is fighting against juggernauts in Arsenal and Chelsea for London fandom. These 2 teams are richer and a fully matured fan base for Spurs to have much inroads into this area.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cito, you don't have to keep trying to act smart and knowledgeable on matters you don't have all supporting facts on. You talk of global support and you are using Nigeria, N. Africa and Chile as your yardstick. How many authentic jersey are sold in those regions? You talk of not having the highest quality sort players yet you are quick dismiss to Kane and Dele because they are English. How about how Spurs nurtured the likes of Bale and Modric? How about Klinsman, Davids, Ardilis, Berbatov or John Chiedozie (the reason for supporting Spurs)? Even today we have the likes of Lloris, Dembele, Alderweireld, Verthongen, Eriksen and Lamela who are first team members of their national teams.

Just because you don't see a lot of people donning Spurs jersey in and around Lagos doesn't mean the fan base support is not there. Selling out Wembley's full capacity, not only for CL but for EL as well, should tell you how solid that support is. Anytime Spurs tour the US, Far East or Europe, the support is always humongous. Spurs is coming to Orlando in July and tickets are already sold out. Don't get it twisted Spurs is not competing for attention.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:Toby can Stay or go, Spurs lives on. I don't know why you guys worry over nothing. Spurs is not a one-man show

That's what I was gonna say. Over the last few years, Spurs have shown that they know how to spend the money from player sales on improving their squad. They sold Modric and Bale, and the rest is history!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:
Cito, you don't have to keep trying to act smart and knowledgeable on matters you don't have all supporting facts on. You talk of global support and you are using Nigeria, N. Africa and Chile as your yardstick.
I am sorry you get butt hurt when you are told your big club(in your mind) is just a whimpering wannabe. I am sorry I could not sugarcoat it for you. If you do not have fans in all nooks and crannies of the football world, what makes you a big club? 90,000 Stadium sales? Give me a break with that BS.

How many authentic jersey are sold in those regions?
Ow Jersey sales and not fandom is your parameter? Talk about having knowledge of something. If that is the case, SE has no fans as most do not buy their Jersey..
You talk of not having the highest quality sort players yet you are quick dismiss to Kane and Dele because they are English.
You are either being coy or just plain blind to what I wrote. Most people do not like the English because of their press who hype them to heights they do not belong hence the chances of getting fans outside their shores is limited. How about how Spurs nurtured the likes of Bale(Sold as soon as he came of age) and Modric?(IWhere is he now?) How about Klinsman((1 FULL HEALTHY SEASON), Davids,(Towards the end of his career) Ardilis(Who?), Berbatov(2 seasons before going to a bigger club) or John Chiedozie(Injury prone and not a solid international player) (the reason for supporting Spurs)?
Even today we have the likes of Lloris, Dembele, Alderweireld, Verthongen, Eriksen and Lamela who are first team members of their national teams

What has any of these guys won in their career? And which of them is a top 10 player in the world of football?
Just because you don't see a lot of people donning Spurs jersey in and around Lagos doesn't mean the fan base support is not there. Selling out Wembley's full capacity, not only for CL but for EL as well, should tell you how solid that support is. Anytime Spurs tour the US, Far East or Europe, the support is always humongous. Spurs is coming to Orlando in July and tickets are already sold out. Don't get it twisted Spurs is not competing for attention.Yes you are!
You are trying to use Sales of 60,000 tickets at Orlando to buttress your point. Wow keep trying bro. Any English club that comes here will fill a stadium. Everton, Aston Villa etc.
Facts are all there for you bro. Spurs are not an elite team yet. You are slightly above Everton in England but lower than Liverpool, Chelsea, ManU, ManCity, Arsenal. Yes you are improving but You are not Elite YET!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Cito, you don't have to keep trying to act smart and knowledgeable on matters you don't have all supporting facts on. You talk of global support and you are using Nigeria, N. Africa and Chile as your yardstick.
I am sorry you get butt hurt when you are told your big club(in your mind) is just a whimpering wannabe. I am sorry I could not sugarcoat it for you. If you do not have fans in all nooks and crannies of the football world, what makes you a big club? 90,000 Stadium sales? Give me a break with that BS.

How many authentic jersey are sold in those regions?
Ow Jersey sales and not fandom is your parameter? Talk about having knowledge of something. If that is the case, SE has no fans as most do not buy their Jersey..
You talk of not having the highest quality sort players yet you are quick dismiss to Kane and Dele because they are English.
You are either being coy or just plain blind to what I wrote. Most people do not like the English because of their press who hype them to heights they do not belong hence the chances of getting fans outside their shores is limited. How about how Spurs nurtured the likes of Bale(Sold as soon as he came of age) and Modric?(IWhere is he now?) How about Klinsman((1 FULL HEALTHY SEASON), Davids,(Towards the end of his career) Ardilis(Who?), Berbatov(2 seasons before going to a bigger club) or John Chiedozie(Injury prone and not a solid international player) (the reason for supporting Spurs)?
Even today we have the likes of Lloris, Dembele, Alderweireld, Verthongen, Eriksen and Lamela who are first team members of their national teams

What has any of these guys won in their career? And which of them is a top 10 player in the world of football?
Just because you don't see a lot of people donning Spurs jersey in and around Lagos doesn't mean the fan base support is not there. Selling out Wembley's full capacity, not only for CL but for EL as well, should tell you how solid that support is. Anytime Spurs tour the US, Far East or Europe, the support is always humongous. Spurs is coming to Orlando in July and tickets are already sold out. Don't get it twisted Spurs is not competing for attention.Yes you are!
You are trying to use Sales of 60,000 tickets at Orlando to buttress your point. Wow keep trying bro. Any English club that comes here will fill a stadium. Everton, Aston Villa etc.
Facts are all there for you bro. Spurs are not an elite team yet. You are slightly above Everton in England but lower than Liverpool, Chelsea, ManU, ManCity, Arsenal. Yes you are improving but You are not Elite YET!!!
**shakes head**

So let me get this straight. Tottenham is not among the top 5 elite clubs in the EPL yet has managed to finish in the top 5, 8 times in the last 11 years. I would like your explanation of how Man City is an elite club in the EPL.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
**shakes head**

So let me get this straight. Tottenham is not among the top 5 elite clubs in the EPL yet has managed to finish in the top 5, 8 times in the last 11 years. I would like your explanation of how Man City is an elite club in the EPL.
In that 11 years you have won the EPL? Ok what about the FA? Anything in Europe? Anything just anything?
If you are elite how is it that people and pundits or odds makers still haven't been seeing you as a potential winner of any of these competitions until this season? Talk about delusion of grandeu.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
**shakes head**

In that 11 years you have won the EPL? Ok what about the FA? Anything in Europe? Anything just anything?
If you are elite how is it that people and pundits or odds makers still haven't been seeing you as a potential winner of any of these competitions until this season? Talk about delusion of grandeu.
So Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea ALL have a better record than Spurs in the last 11 years in the EPL?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
**shakes head**

So Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea ALL have a better record than Spurs in the last 11 years in the EPL?
Table Form:
Season Liv-- MU-- City-- Ars-- CheL-- Spurs--
2006-07 3rd-- 1st-- 14th-- 4th-- 2nd-- 5th
2007–08 4th-- 1st-- 9th-- 3rd-- 2nd-- 11th
2008–09 2nd-- 1st-- 10th-- 4th-- 3rd-- 8th
2009–10 7th-- 2nd-- 5th-- 3rd-- 1st-- 4th
2010–11 6th-- 1st-- 3rd-- 4th-- 2nd-- 5th
2011–12 8th-- 2nd-- 1st-- 3rd-- 6th-- 4th
2012–13 7th-- 1st-- 2nd-- 4th-- 3rd-- 5th
2013–14 2nd-- 7th-- 1st-- 4th-- 3rd-- 6th
2014–15 6th-- 4th-- 2nd-- 3rd-- 1st-- 5th
2015–16 8th-- 5th-- 4th-- 2nd-- 10th-- 3rd

Top = Green
2nd = Blue
Worst = Red

From this table, one can say you are fighting with Liverpool for the least performing. But we know Liverpool have better history than you do. You also didnt finish any higher than 3rd in that period. More consistent than Pool , yes!. Pool has not finished any worse than 8th in that same span. But to compare you with the other 4 teams is just laughable. :D